God of War 3 Coming to PS4

Boooda

I admit that God of War 3 is a really great game as I've played it on the PS3. God of War 3 Remastered should be really good, but why not make a brand new God of War game?

When I used to see these announcements, I was at first like " :rolleyes:" however,

The way I see these things now is:

A. An opportunity to raise funds for new game development - the money has to come from somewhere

B. A chance to play and experiment with the (new) hardware and know what it (the hardware) and they (the developer) can and can't do with a game e.g. "do they need to tweak the (game) engine" etc, instead of make a new game and maybe not have it operate at its optimum.

C. What Langy900 said below - not everyone's played GOW3; as amazing as that sounds.

They are doing this so they can introduce the GoW franchise for players who never had a PS3. So when they release the new GoW the fanbase will be bigger as you would have generated a lot more fans from the remaster.

Smart move Sony.

Personally, its also a chance for me to see it again, but better. It gets my interest :)

Edited by halcyon_32
  • Like 1

I admit that God of War 3 is a really great game as I've played it on the PS3. God of War 3 Remastered should be really good, but why not make a brand new God of War game?

It could be possible that they are doing the Remaster to extend the time frame they have before releasing a new God of War. Its easier to update a previous game to 1080 and few tweaks  than building a new game from scratch for a new console. Anyways, I might get it if it drops below $15, but considering I already got the whole saga for the PS3 so I probably will save my money for something else.

Hopefully a game comes around that makes you get a ps4, because it is an awesome piece of hardware :D

If its about the hardware a nice 500$ range a PC is a much better investment. 

Play games, cheaper prices and you get other work done with it.

The last few set of consoles and portables really has been about the library of games it offers.

The last few set of consoles and portables really has been about the library of games it offers.

Fair enough, but I think the ps3 proved that Sony has a really strong line up of first party developers, and with nearly all of them developing a ps4 game its a good long term investment. Sure right now PC seems like the better option seeing as 90% of the PS4's library are indie games you can get on PC, but in the long term you'll miss out on really great games. 

I realize my hypocracy with GTA V being the only game on this account... but stop remastering all of the great PS3 games lol.  We're running out of reasons to still own one!

A $500 PC wouldn't last you very long if you actually intend to do any kind of high-end gaming on it (ie. the kinds of games you'd be playing on the PS4).  Especially with how poorly games are launching these days.  Top of the line PC's were hitting single digit framerates with Resident Evil Revelations 2 until Capcom patched it only a day or two ago, and not every company patches it.

A PS4 will last you another 5-7 years of quality gaming, no questions asked.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I realize my hypocracy with GTA V being the only game on this account... but stop remastering all of the great PS3 games lol.  We're running out of reasons to still own one!

TBH I don't mind remastering, maybe when the PS4's successor comes along there's a chance for it to have smooth backwards compatibility and properly work unlike that BS with PSNow thus eliminating the need for so many updated ports and renting games via cloud.

TBH I don't mind remastering, maybe when the PS4's successor comes along there's a chance for it to have smooth backwards compatibility and properly work unlike that BS with PSNow thus eliminating the need for so many updated ports and renting games via cloud.

I wouldn't count on it.  Backwards compatibility seemed to leave Sony's vernacular after the phat PS3's.

If you're going to game on Playstation, there's value keeping the old ones around.  Unless they remaster the entire catalog that is. :)

What is with everyone not knowing they are making a new God of War game? They confirmed it at PSX. Cory Barlog and bunch of other Sony employees were wearing Kratos t-shirts. Someone even did an interview with him where at the very end he said "Oh yea new God of War." It was later confirmed by him after the interview that the game was in early stages of development. 

On the topic of this, i'm glad that they are doing this. I love this game and I can't wait for this.