A BOX FULL OF SHARP OBJECTS - fix

Fix seems final, leaving just short version up:

SHORT VERSION 

Back-up your save.

Delete save data off PS4. (People have confirmed that deleting the whole game off HDD is not needed)

Disconnect PS4 from internet to prevent cross-save from sabotaging this fix by automatically re-enabling itself. You MUST also keep cross-save disabled at all times in order for the fix to work. Confirmed by a few people.

Play through the entire campaign -WHILE OFFLINE AND WITH CROSS-SAVE DISABLED- getting kills with every weapon using this list http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number/261530-box-full-sharp-objects-thread.html. Credit for the list goes to TmF1979. Super helpful, thanks a bunch!

Once you're done getting all weapon kills from the list, grats on your shiny trophy; if trophy doesn't pop, don't give up just yet. Try getting a few more kills with some of the "glitchy" weapons: Flamethrower; unbroken/broken glass bottle; glass shard. There might be a few more of these weapons that the game seems to have trouble registering for the trophy, I'll update the thread as I find out about them.

One last reminder: if you quit to main menu at any point, don't forget to turn-off cross-save as it automatically re-enables itself once you do.

Edited by Xibata
  • Like 1

I can now say that this works for the PSVita edition.

I removed the game from my console, downloaded it again, then set airplane mode ON.

Then i launched the game and went to the option settings to disable cross save (if you don't do this, the fix won't work, i tried it on airplane mode without disabling cross save and i just wasted 2 hours...)

Then i finished the first 21 missions. Then, the only weapon i was missing was the flamethrower. I simply got back to the main menu, i disabled cross save once again, because every time you go to the main menu, this feature is automatically enabled... Then i loaded the 9th mission and got a kill with the flamthrower... And the trophy popped. I now got the plat! yay :)

I can now say that this works for the PSVita edition.

I removed the game from my console, downloaded it again, then set airplane mode ON.

Then i launched the game and went to the option settings to disable cross save (if you don't do this, the fix won't work, i tried it on airplane mode without disabling cross save and i just wasted 2 hours...)

Then i finished the first 21 missions. Then, the only weapon i was missing was the flamethrower. I simply got back to the main menu, i disabled cross save once again, because every time you go to the main menu, this feature is automatically enabled... Then i loaded the 9th mission and got a kill with the flamthrower... And the trophy popped. I now got the plat! yay :)

Thanks for pointing it out the "keeping cross-save option turned off" part. Updated the post to make sure it's clear.

Just want to confirm that this method worked for me as well. I just got my plat. Want to highlight a couple things for those wondering:

- Did not need to erase the game; only the save (after making a backup to cloud or usb)
- Did not need to use Nunchuks
- Did not need to finish a level for kills to count as I got a couple kills with the katana and quit to menu
- Do not need to start over if your game crashes in the middle of the run; just make sure you disable cross-save again once you start the game

I also wanted to confirm that this method works. I even had to turn my PS4 online to verify my license about 5 times to PSN for some odd reason and it would start my game over each time I did this. But soon as I was done verifying I would turn my PS4 connection off, start my game up and go straight to options to turn the cross-save off. I did not delete my game but I did delete my save and backed it up on a usb thumb drive. Also, I did not have to finish a scene either for a weapon to count. I played all the way to scene 21, used the katana, and at this point I have used all the weapons besides the flame thrower so I quit, went straight to options, turned cross-save off, went to scene 9, used the flame thrower and boom... A Box Full of Sharp Objects trophy popped up. Thanks for the platinum, Xibata!   

• Like 1

I also wanted to confirm that this method works. I even had to turn my PS4 online to verify my license about 5 times to PSN for some odd reason and it would start my game over each time I did this. But soon as I was done verifying I would turn my PS4 connection off, start my game up and go straight to options to turn the cross-save off. I did not delete my game but I did delete my save and backed it up on a usb thumb drive. Also, I did not have to finish a scene either for a weapon to count. I played all the way to scene 21, used the katana, and at this point I have used all the weapons besides the flame thrower so I quit, went straight to options, turned cross-save off, went to scene 9, used the flame thrower and boom... A Box Full of Sharp Objects trophy popped up. Thanks for the platinum, Xibata!   

Glad it worked, buddy! Grats on your shiny plat, h5 o/

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest some of the more obscure weapons to use? I swear I have used all the weapons but the trophy still has yet to pop. 

Im on the same boat as you, I swear i have used all the weapons, I went through the list like 6 times. and the 50,000 kill trophy has yet to pop for me to, Im starting to think because my save file was b4 the patch the trophy's just wont pop..... hopefully i haven't just wasted my time. :facepalm:  

Can anyone suggest some of the more obscure weapons to use? I swear I have used all the weapons but the trophy still has yet to pop. 

Im on the same boat as you, I swear i have used all the weapons, I went through the list like 6 times. and the 50,000 kill trophy has yet to pop for me to, Im starting to think because my save file was b4 the patch the trophy's just wont pop..... hopefully i haven't just wasted my time. :facepalm:  

For me, my last weapon was the taser even though i swore i used it before but i guess it didn't count since that was pre-patch.

also try level specific weapons such as the bottle, fire axe, acid etc.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

• 7 months later...