Think the Series Jumped The Shark?

I remember when I heard this game I was hoping it would go back to how a Crack in Time played with how it played and all, but when I played it, It was too similar to All for One and Full Frontal Assualt with how everything played, not to mention there was only 5 planets to visit in the game which was really disappointing, so guys, what do you all think of the series now?

I too think this was a good R&C game, but it's very short. It does have most of the classic stuff, and they do introduce that new weapon or something, but again, very very short.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

If it tells you that its going to be a short game it can't be counted as a flaw. Especially for the small price

Agreed. While it's by no means a great game, it was fun while it lasted. The original trilogy was good, but I think the two Future games on PS3 were the best. Wish Tools of Destruction got a trophy patch.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Hope this game lives up to my expectations .Be as good or at least as fun asthr original trilogy. For some reason i didn't enjoy Crack in Time that much and didn't had the bother to replay the game all together like i usually do in R&C games (only the trilogy tho).

If anything Nexus went back to it's roots, AfO & FFA might be accused of jumping the shark in a roundabout way however...

Nexus was short but old school R&C, the other two tried something different, they were decent but not quite the R&C games we all loved.   Are IG running out of ideas?  Re-imagining/rebooting the franchise for PS4 might give credence to that idea but from what I've seen it looks like a good decision.  I'm presuming R&C will be a big hit when it releases, I know many an R&C fan that will be buying it day one, myself included, but what Insomniac do thereafter will be very interesting...are they going to redo the best of the franchise?   The original trilogy through the Future series?   Will they give us the original then jump to something completely new?   I think I'd prefer the latter tbh, but whatever they have planned I'm sure it will be good.   Given there's been 12 games in 13 years (I think) prior to the PS4 iteration, I think IG have done a pretty good job of keeping the games fun and interesting, and even the novelty games were pretty well done...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I liked this game, it was pretty solid. I mean they bothered to add a sick RYNO so there's that! LOL No but seriously, back in the PS3 days after ACIT, Insomniac really twisted the series. It went from being singleplayer and story focused to crappy online and co-op based. I'm talking about games like AFO and FFA. Those games were so pointless, however ITN was a big step in putting the franchise back on track. Now look where we are with the PS4 reboot!

On 3/22/2015 at 6:20 PM, Oblivion said:

I still think it's a good RaC game. It's not worse than A4O & FFA but not better than the original R&C Trilogy, it's just average and i still think the series is going strong what with the PS4 game coming out sometime this year.

I highly disagree. The PS2 trilogy was more packed, with a more polished story and more quests to complete overall. They were just bigger and better games.

On 3/22/2015 at 7:10 PM, EpicTrollBlox said:

If it tells you that its going to be a short game it can't be counted as a flaw. Especially for the small price

On 3/22/2015 at 7:10 PM, EpicTrollBlox said:

True, as long as a game is price appropriately for its replay value I have no problem with "shorter games".

• 6 years later...

This game is dog shit, honestly I do love ratchet series but this game sucks, while I was playing this I realized that this game runs in a unstable 30 fps mess, bad illumination, the combat system is trash, 5 fucking planets to travel on like what the hell is going on???. This is the worst ratchet and clank I ever played in my life