Possibly the worst game I have played

ButteredPretzel

Really? It's the worst game you've played because you get tangled?

Haha I take that back, it was just super confusing at first but i got the hang of it :)

Not just the tangling, other things like the retarded 765m that just always goes over by 1 for me every time no matter how slow i go D:

Edited by ButteredPretzel

Haha I take that back, it was just super confusing at first but i got the hang of it :)

Not just the tangling, other things like the retarded 765m that just always goes over by 1 for me every time no matter how slow i go D:

It's not hard, it might seem hard but it can be done in a few hours. I did the 765 thing on my first try, just make small stretches.

I've never played this but from the videos of watched of this I have always been wtf and what the hell you do, but if this is the worst game you have p,ayes you are lucky, unlike me who played deep black imo the worst game on PS3

P.s at least you didn't pay much for it

Edited by Peter Griffin

LOL, funny thing is...I just literally got done griping about this game to someone else on another site.

Needless to say, I 100% agree. Besides contributing to the growth of "GIRL", this game is utterly pointless and felt more like I was getting trolled than playing an actual game.

lol deep black looks f*cking shite

Well, its better than this. I enjoyed it but I love cover based TPS' in general, so very seldom do I get let down by games in the genre *cough* Damnation *cough*

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

A friend invited me to play this some time ago. I was really excited for it initially (I love Katamari, and particularly the first one), but had read some bad reviews of this.

I didn't hate it as much as some. I just didn't get it. It felt really boring and pointless. I couldn't get enough of rolling that katamari, but the...snake? Or whatever?

I just don't get it. It seemed like mediocre gameplay with roots in the old "snake" games I would play in BASIC as a kid.

• 1 year later...

I think this game is too hard for young kids... but it's also too childrish for older kids, teens and adults. I think it (somewhat) falls in the same category of games like .detuned or Linger in Shadows. It's more or less a interaction where you running around in a small environment by doing strange things... So I think most people won't apprechiate this game. The best reason to get this (as I can think of) is if you are a serious trophy hunter and aiming hard for the leaderboard or stats. If you think it's rewarding getting borring but fast and easy trophies. 

Edited by A-Rebirth
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Neat game, but could really use some kind of improvement to how the camera works. Wouldn't have hurt if they mapped buttons to X/O/Triangle/Square too. A lot of times the NOBY NOBY FRONT was off the screen and the camera was focusing on like the BOTTOM instead?

To anyone struggling with any "eating" trophies: I found that if I *gently* press towards the inhabitant/item (not full press but gentle press) then hit L2 it seems to be more successful when eating. Like let NOBY NOBY BOY walk instead of run, then tap L2 when you are very close to the inhabitant. I personally really struggled with that until I figured out the "gentle press" thing.

Next up, probably, a similar game: WATTAM! ?

Edited by tranquility101
Used a word twice in same sentence :E

So everyone ignores how beautiful the trophy images of this game look :)? I know this is an old thread.

Also the game had a cool gimmick where all people contributed to the length of the GIRL to reach other planets. The end goal of GIRL was met pretty quickly.

I had fun memories playing this game with friends on the couch, I can understand the frustrations with this game though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

So everyone ignores how beautiful the trophy images of this game look :)?

This guy gets it. The original (?) stretching art trophy list.

wG7D9PF.png?1

NecE90G.png?1

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

getting mad at noby noby boy is like getting mad at an etch-a-sketch for not having a compelling single player campaign. the game is basically meant to be a toy you play around with and experiment on rather than something you aim to get good at. realized I hadn't completed all the trophies so I decided to play it again and it gave me a lot of nostalgia to when me and my friends were trying to contribute as much to GIRL as possible. 

I think noby noby boy falls victim to people prefacing it as "oh its another game made by the katamari guy" so you go in with expectations that it's going to be a second katamari. in reality its an extremely weird toy with tons of easter eggs and secrets and a global co-op goal that's extremely ambitious. I don't know if we'll ever get something like noby noby boy ever again, the closest comparison I can think of is the nuclear disarmament minigame in metal gear solid 5 and that turned out to be something that was literally impossible and was only achieved through hacking and glitches

• Like 1

I thought this game was ok, was the first game I ever bought off PSN because it was digital only. I think at one point I was no6 in the world at giving GIRL length to the moon or something.

Nothing like Katamari Damacy, but like considering the 1000 EZPZ games lately, a masterpiece in comparison to those. A few years ago, I had a 4 player with my wife and my parents, it was good fun, mostly nobody knew wtf what was going on, getting crazily tangled and farting stuff out and then the camera goes all wonky. I went around goggling up all my family and then shat them all out into the air, my mum was in hysterics.

Sure, not a traditional game by any means, but well, we had a good 20-30 minutes of fun on it. Definitely not the worst game ever lol.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't go as far as calling this the worst game ever, but it's definitely not good. I feel like it doesn't fully employ the whole idea of virtual Play-Doh. There just isn't much to do in this game - especially after getting all the trophies.