Batman Arkham Collection

Here is my thoughts on this.

I can see first party titles coming to Ps4. Reason being for some one who has switched over to PS this gen after being a Xbox only gamer or a Pc gamer. Multi plat games being remastered is only good for someone who may just be getting into gaming all together or for some reason or another missed some of these games on last gen.

Any ways if it creates more revenue for these companies to fund future new Ips or sequels to games that deserve sequels than so be it.

• Like 1

Another lot of PS3 games getting remastered for PS4....,,please enough remasters, at this rate the ps4 will have half the PS3's library of games, I want some just ps4 games not more bloody remasters of games I have on PS3

• Like 1

I own both AA and AC but haven't started them yet. Might hold out and play them on the PS4 if the price is good.

By the way, Has anyone played Origins recently? I heard it was quite buggy at launch.

I played it not to long ago, and people talking about bugs? The single player barely had any, the multiplayer might have but at launch the game ran flawless for me.

I thought Origins was the best Batman game, Warner Brothers had a script that felt like it could fit perfectly in the Comic/Animated series (They after all are the same company that made the original Animated series...) The boss fights were really well done and the game showed off a lot of Batmans lesser known enemies as well as Batman meeting few of them for the very first time. Really the only people who complain about the game is because of the different voice actors for Joker and Batman. Big deal, the new guys pulled it off brilliantly. 

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 2

Why do some many people hate remastered games on ps4? Nobody is MAKING you buy them again! I missed most of the arkham games and would love for them to come to ps4 myself ^^

Because people didn't buy a PS4 just to play PS3 games. That, plus the fact that almost every new AAA game has been a disappointment recently (Watch Dogs, AC Unity, Destiny, Evolve, Order: 1886, etc.) And all the new stuff is getting delayed over and over. You can see why people who spent $400 on a new console are getting upset when they have nothing to play, except for games they already played on PS3.

• Like 4

Just Arkham Knight for me please. Already got the other two. Need to get on with platting them. After Bloodborne that is.

But, more games on more platforms is not a bad thing. More choice for consumers and all that.

And you can't blame Rocksteady/WB for looking at the 20M PS4's alone that are out there and thinking that they want a piece of the current gen pie for the relatively small cost of updating some visuals.

Because people didn't buy a PS4 just to play PS3 games. That, plus the fact that almost every new AAA game has been a disappointment recently (Watch Dogs, AC Unity, Destiny, Evolve, Order: 1886, etc.) And all the new stuff is getting delayed over and over. You can see why people who spent $400 on a new console are getting upset when they have nothing to play, except for games they already played on PS3.

good point. I have been disappointed in the lack of games and lack of truly "next gen" games since buying my ps4 last year. Still i like seeing games i missed/put in my backlog (backlog......) remastered and put on the next gen consoles.

Yeah, but there are tons of people who went from Xbox 360 to PS4 and haven't had the chance to play these games. And to be fair, even if they didn't make the remasters, nothing would change. People would still have to wait for the delayed games, shit games would still come out. The remasters aren't such a negative thing. These are great games from the previous generation, coming for people that would like to play them again on a better console or for people that didn't have the chance to play them. The hate isn't justified by the reason of "we want good new games". Those will come out either way. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I seriously doubt remasters are slowing the production of new games. They have little to no effect on anything, except the reason for people to nag how there are still no good games out on the new consoles. Everyone knows that, patience, good games are coming. Starting now with Bloodborne ... Let's hope it's a domino effect.

• Like 2

Yeah, but there are tons of people who went from Xbox 360 to PS4 and haven't had the chance to play these games. And to be fair, even if they didn't make the remasters, nothing would change. People would still have to wait for the delayed games, shit games would still come out. The remasters aren't such a negative thing. These are great games from the previous generation, coming for people that would like to play them again on a better console or for people that didn't have the chance to play them. The hate isn't justified by the reason of "we want good new games". Those will come out either way. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I seriously doubt remasters are slowing the production of new games. They have little to no effect on anything, except the reason for people to nag how there are still no good games out on the new consoles. Everyone knows that, patience, good games are coming. Starting now with Bloodborne ... Let's hope it's a domino effect.

You're right about people coming from 360 to PS4. Which is why I don't really see anything wrong with remastering some PS3 exclusives. But the Arkham games were multiplat. So even if they came from 360, they still had a chance to play them.

I see what you mean with remasters not having an effect on new game production. But if they just remaster all the big games from last gen, to fill up the current gen library, then what was the point of even owning a last gen console? If they continue, it'll make the entire last gen feel like a waste to me. Like I could've skipped the last 8 years, and not missed anything important.

I can't really blame them for doing this. I know they see an opportunity for easy money. Touch up the graphics a little, and resell the games for $60 again. I like Rocksteady, and they certainly deserve the money. But it's starting to be a little much. Hopefully, like you said, Bloodborne breaks this streak of disappointments & is the beginning of the real 'next gen'.

• Like 1

You're right about people coming from 360 to PS4. Which is why I don't really see anything wrong with remastering some PS3 exclusives. But the Arkham games were multiplat. So even if they came from 360, they still had a chance to play them.

I see what you mean with remasters not having an effect on new game production. But if they just remaster all the big games from last gen, to fill up the current gen library, then what was the point of even owning a last gen console? If they continue, it'll make the entire last gen feel like a waste to me. Like I could've skipped the last 8 years, and not missed anything important.

I can't really blame them for doing this. I know they see an opportunity for easy money. Touch up the graphics a little, and resell the games for $60 again. I like Rocksteady, and they certainly deserve the money. But it's starting to be a little much. Hopefully, like you said, Bloodborne breaks this streak of disappointments & is the beginning of the real 'next gen'.

Oh, I didn't even think of it being multi platform. That is true if you look at it from that point of view. I myself hadn't had the chance to play the Arkham games, and even though I own a PS3, would rather play it on the PS4. I don't know if I could handle much of the PS3 freezing, the PS4 spoiled me a bit :D Not to mention the controller.

If a lot of people feel like the last gen becomes a waste with every important game being remastered, then I understand the hate a bit more. I myself am only waiting for the Uncharted Trilogy on the PS4, that's the only remaster I know need.

And about the price tags. If they're making the remasters, the price tag should at least be halved. I mean 60€ for me is already too much for a new fresh game not to mention for a damn remaster. The industry is just too greedy. That's why I usually buy games second hand or borrow them from friends.

• Like 1