Suggestion: 100% Completion Rate Hall of Fame

I suggest a "100% Completion Rate Hall of Fame". 

The list would include players who managed to accomplish a 100% Completion rating, listed in order of rank at the moment they achieved 100%, and maybe include some simple stats (e.g. their rank / points and quantity of platinums, golds, silvers, and bronzes at that moment).  If players achieve 100% again later, the newer (and higher ranked) occasion would replace their original ranking.

My plans to hit 100% have been sidetracked (stoopid Sine Mora!) but I'm always impressed when I stumble across the profile of a dedicated and thorough player with a 100% completion rate. It would be awesome to see them all listed somewhere.

Thank you!!!

EDIT: Hide one of your games to prove that Sly can detect hidden trophies -- you'll see a little blue "H" badge in your profile that expands to show you've hidden trophies.  Players with hidden trophies would not be eligible for entry into the hall of fame.

hiddentrophies-1.png

pogo_loco.png

Edited by pogo_loco

Those are good points.  I meant it as a snapshot of the moment that a player earned 100% Completion (kind of like "look at this Olympic medal I earned ten years ago").  There would be lots of clutter at lower rankings but I think it could be pretty prestigious/neat at 10+ ranks.  It seems like this site keeps a running database of player activity which may reveal hidden games.  Or maybe Sly has other ideas.

Those are good points.  I meant it as a snapshot of the moment that a player earned 100% Completion (kind of like "look at this Olympic medal I earned ten years ago").  There would be lots of clutter at lower rankings but I think it could be pretty prestigious/neat at 10+ ranks.  It seems like this site keeps a running database of player activity which may reveal hidden games.  Or maybe Sly has other ideas.

So (if I'm not mistaken) like on .org?

• Like 1

I don't feel too much for this idea. Like said before, you can get the hall of fame snapshot (or the badge) easily when your first game is something like the walking dead. Everyone that has been playing a while won't have a big chance of getting it because it requires DLC for example, not everyone is willing to get DLC. It's not an even playing ground.

Besides, the profile already says 100% completion rate, so why add a badge to it? As for the hall of fame, I'd suggest to just add completion rating to the leader boards, and maybe add sorting functionality to it, so you can see how you measure up by completion rating.

I would absolutely game this. I would start a new account would only play games over 1.5 years old to avoid sneaky new DLC and only start games with no online trophies and no known glitchy trophies. 

It would actually be tempting to just have a second account to play all the easy 100%s and plats you come past. xD

I would do all 3 Demon's Souls on it of course. lol

Edited by MMDE

So when you start a new game you lose your place in the hall? Also what happens if I boot up a new account and plat Walking Dead and then leave it at 100% that should get in? You could also hide a bunch of trophies and get in that way as well.

No 100% is neat, but if you notice the dozens of threads of people restarting their accounts so they can only play games they know they can plat to get 100% it loses a lot of the prestige

^Basically this

And I honestly don't think people should be put on a pedestal simply because they complete their games, it's a pointless idea.

You guys don't get it. You wouldn't lose your spot on the board when you add a new game (which is exactly the problem with the .org board which causes people to do stuff like only play one game at a time and not sync their trophies until they complete it - problems that would all be solved by this system). In this system whenever you hit 100% your score would be updated but it's not updated or changed when you lose your 100%, only each time you obtain it.

For those saying that you could get on the board by just starting a new profile and playing TWD or whatever, ya you could, but you would always be on the bottom of the board so i don't think the peopel who are interested in this type of competition would really care about the bottom feeders.

For people saying it's pointless or it's not a stat that matters, you could easily say the same about the leaderboards in general. You could also argue that the leaderboards are "unfair" because some people are willing to play Hannah Montant but you only play games you like which makes you so righteous or whatever, lol. If you aren't into the competition, that's fine, most probably aren't, but features like this aren't for you, they are for the people that are interested to see where they stand.

Finally, re: hiding trophies. Sly knows if you have hidden trophies. If such a feature were to be implimented it clearly would have to disqualify people with hidden trophies. Problem solved.

• Like 4

I'm complementing this guy's post, not questioning it.

For people saying it's pointless or it's not a stat that matters, you could easily say the same about the leaderboards in general. You could also argue that the leaderboards are "unfair" because some people are willing to play Hannah Montant but you only play games you like which makes you so righteous or whatever, lol. If you aren't into the competition, that's fine, most probably aren't, but features like this aren't for you, they are for the people that are interested to see where they stand.

Finally, re: hiding trophies. Sly knows if you have hidden trophies. If such a feature were to be implimented it clearly would have to disqualify people with hidden trophies. Problem solved.

First bold: most gamers don't care if we hunt trophies or not, but we trophy hunters care. Take that in the other perspective the other way. I don't care enough about % to avoid games with DLC or to buy DLCs for the games I play, but still, I envy who does play and/or 100% every game they put in their accounts. I do the same, excluding the DLC part.

Second bold: I don't even know why people mentioned about fake 100% completion. It was obvious that if such condition was implemented, people with hidden trophies would be denied from the 100%ist leaderboard. Uh, hello? 

• Like 3

I’m swimming upstream but I still think this is a good idea...

As for the hall of fame, I'd suggest to just add completion rating to the leader boards, and maybe add sorting functionality to it, so you can see how you measure up by completion rating.

I think a Completion Rate leaderboard would be misleading.  How would a 99.5% Level 10 compare to a 99.4% Level 20?  You have to remove one of the variables: snapshot players’ statistics the moment they make 100% and then rank them by Level.

I would absolutely game this.

People in this thread are already committing to gaming the system just to appear in the hall of fame -- that means they want to be inducted just as much as me.  The demand for a hall of fame is there – the market has spoken!

It would actually be tempting to just have a second account to play all the easy 100%s and plats you come past. xD

I don't see a problem if someone starts a second account dedicated to 100% completion.  It would take a very committed person to reach significant levels with two accounts.  Or just avoid the problem by making level 10 a minimum prerequisite for qualifying.

You can fake 100% completion by hiding incomplete games, so seems kind of pointless.

Hidden trophies can be detected.  Players would not be qualified for the hall of fame while they are hiding trophies.

I don't think people should be rewarded for having 100% completion, it's not something that should be encouraged and would kill certain elements of the community. The number of plats or rare plats you have is really what we should be aiming to praise people for. 

I don't understand this concern.  Your overall completion rate is front-and-center on your profile page.  Most of the page is used to report your completion percentage of each game.  Even the rarity of trophies is just a different way of illustrating completion rates.  What elements of the community would be detracted by a listing of players who have reached 100%?

And I honestly don't think people should be put on a pedestal simply because they complete their games, it's a pointless idea.

I don't understand this either.  You advertise your completion rate prominently on your trophy card.  Why would it be bad/wrong just to have a single list of all of the players who achieved a 100% overall completion?

psnprofiles is a haven for people who collect trophies  – it provides completion guides, trophy hints, forums for trophy help, and organized boosting sessions.  It already features leaderboards.  Why would a new way to list trophy achievements detract from the site’s user community?

• Like 2

I think a Completion Rate leaderboard would be misleading.  How would a 99.5% Level 10 compare to a 99.4% Level 20?  You have to remove one of the variables: snapshot players’ statistics the moment they make 100% and then rank them by Level.

This is highly problematic, and you'd have to enforce rules such as not being allowed to hide trophies too. How to make such a snap shot anyways? How long to keep it? Sorry, but I don't like the idea and it doesn't seem possible to do, at least not possible to do in any good way.

I don't see a problem if someone starts a second account dedicated to 100% completion.  It would take a very committed person to reach significant levels with two accounts.  Or just avoid the problem by making level 10 a minimum prerequisite for qualifying.

It doesn't take much dedication to get an account o level 10. There's lots of games that takes just some few minutes to 100% and a couple of hours to plat. It is probably possible to get a level 10 account with 100% completion in a single day. This just sounds like a dumb competition where some few people will level up their side 100% completion account when they come by easy and quick games. There are extremely few who doesn't mostly go after easy games that has 100% completion. Most of those who doesn't are stuck with some few balls hard trophies they will never get or some impossible to get trophy. So this pretty much comes down to who can avoid games they aren't able to 100%. :S

• Like 1

100% completion is a goal to strive for, not a child to be protected.

The problem with the idea is it would make no distinction between the people who earned thier 100% completion rate through skill and dedication and those who earned it by hiding difficult games, or worse - by never playing hard or long games.

Dont get me wrong - im always striving to increase my completion percentage - its one of the long term goals that keeps me going in my gaming - but its in the PURSUIT of a better completion rate (100% is unnatainable for many people, including me) despite the odds that the fun lies, not in the MAINTAINING of it through the meticulous avoidance of difficult games - which this idea would surely exhaserbate.

• Like 4

I don't understand this either.  You advertise your completion rate prominently on your trophy card.  Why would it be bad/wrong just to have a single list of all of the players who achieved a 100% overall completion?

psnprofiles is a haven for people who collect trophies  – it provides completion guides, trophy hints, forums for trophy help, and organized boosting sessions.  It already features leaderboards.  Why would a new way to list trophy achievements detract from the site’s user community?

I don't advertise my completion rate, I put my trophy card in my signature because it makes it easier for people to identify me on the forums or for those who want to add me on PSN. And it's only high because I work hard to finish the games I start and buy DLC when it's necessary, I don't deserve special recognition for that.

Firstly, It's not a bad idea but it's not a great one either, it's just that there are so many loopholes - as others have mentioned there will be a ton of gamers on the list who stacked The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Terminator Salvation, Hannah Montana etc and there will be no way to distinguish them from the people who actually put effort into their games.

Anyway, Let's just say Sly does decide to go along with this idea and make a Hall of Fame for people who earned 100%. What'll happen when everyone starts saying that it's unfair for only the completionists to get special recognition? It'll eventually lead to people asking for more Hall of Fame categories (50, 100, 200 platinums etc), just so they can fit in and in turn lead to more clutter on the site. I mean it's only be fair,  you can't just please one crowd without pleasing the other. 

TL;DR It'll cause more disputes on the site if completionists get more recognition than others.

• Like 2

There are solutions for all of the technical issues (What about hidden trophies?  What happens when you start a new game?  What if I game a new account?).

There's only one contentious question: "Is it worth it?"  Most people on this thread think No.  I still think Yes -- and it would distinguish psnprofiles.com from other PlayStation trophy sites.

But only Sly's opinion really counts.

• Like 1

I feel like this is could have been a good idea, but I also feel like there is sufficient leader board content as is.

Personally, I have no intention on ever reaching 100% and I'm sure most trophy hunters would agree.. people with the extra accounts and whatnot, even without a completion hall of fame, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the collection to begin with?

1 account, all my trophies, leader boards for who has the most. It's really great the way it is.

Edited by usrmd

There are solutions for all of the technical issues (What about hidden trophies?  What happens when you start a new game?  What if I game a new account?).

There's only one contentious question: "Is it worth it?"  Most people on this thread think No.  I still think Yes -- and it would distinguish psnprofiles.com from other PlayStation trophy sites.

But only Sly's opinion really counts.

.Com has a 100% club. There are rules (no auto-pop trophies, only allowed 5 non-platted games on account etc.) It is regulated, there are contests and they are a group.

I think if someone wanted to start a group like that here that would be OK, but devoting site resources to something that can be easily manipulated and not a lot would use seems silly.