Suggestion: 100% Completion Rate Hall of Fame

I suggest a "100% Completion Rate Hall of Fame". 

The list would include players who managed to accomplish a 100% Completion rating, listed in order of rank at the moment they achieved 100%, and maybe include some simple stats (e.g. their rank / points and quantity of platinums, golds, silvers, and bronzes at that moment).  If players achieve 100% again later, the newer (and higher ranked) occasion would replace their original ranking.

My plans to hit 100% have been sidetracked (stoopid Sine Mora!) but I'm always impressed when I stumble across the profile of a dedicated and thorough player with a 100% completion rate. It would be awesome to see them all listed somewhere.

Thank you!!!

EDIT: I think you can detect hidden trophies by comparing advertised trophies to the total trophy counts published by PSN.  I hid my Sine Mora trophies (8 bronze at the time of this posting), and you can see the discrepancy in these two trophy cards.  Players hiding trophies would not be qualified to enter the hall of fame.

I would support this. It would be nice to see who are on top and we may have some rising stars. I would say that it would have to focus on different things like "Most action games completed, fastest times and other things". The people who sign up for it would have heavy restrictions on their account until they opt-out of the program. 

Things get salty mighty fast when folks starting talking about 100%.  :D

Ain't nobody ready for that Prince Of Peace power raining upon them lol. You got haters on PST and I don't think you when them on here as well haha.  :P

Edited by BearShark
  • Like 1

I think it would be MUCH more interesting to see a hall of fame for people with 90%er's, 80%+ or something along those lines with a certain psn level, with the best or lowest average rarity than something along the lines of this idea.   I love coming across someone with a great percentage, that actually has some gutz.  To each their own, but to me this (is it new?) rarity percentage is a cool statistic and shows just what type of "100%er" or "37%er" you are.   

I know people have countered this argument, but I truly believe the idea of having a 100% Hall of Fame suggests and pushes a poor gaming practice.  That's just me though.  I guess if I was one, I'd be on the other side of the fence, but I'm not.  I can admit that.   There's probably less than 10 completetionists that would really belong on a 100% board.   In that sense I guess it would be cool to see, but I don't think that was what this idea was all about.  

Just go look at some other "100%" or something near that leaderboards around the web.  People skip games, that they KNOW are good.  And they KNOW it.  There are actually some really interesting high average ratings of people I previously seen have 99 or higher percentiles I previously was, and I can admit was envious of in the past on other sites.  I love the average rarity, to be honest.  It's opens your eyes just that much more if you'r real into checking out people stuff.   I know the DLC %'s can skew it a tad, but still it's a neat thing.  

Posts in threads like this make me think there are other players striving for 100%:

How many unearned trophies do you have?

"559 unearned.  My goal is to have them all done by the time PS4 comes out."

"398, thank god I stopped buying games for a whilr lol. Time to catch up with my backlog."

"1172, but i only started trophy hunting in April."

"I do 1 game at a game so I have 0 unearned. I started a new game today that I'm going to get 100% on soon."

"Only 57. And soon zero! ;)"

I still don't understand how a 100% Completion Hall of Fame promotes a bad gaming practice.

I still don't understand how a 100% Completion Hall of Fame promotes a bad gaming practice.

Because there are dozens of threads about starting over so people can have 100% completion on their profiles.

Now there isn't anything bad in that alone, but they are getting 100% not by challenging themselves or stepping out of their comfort zones but instead by only playing games they know they can platinum. So where is the skill or respect in that?

Also it would really be to hard to monitor as you may have 100% but then new DLC comes out for a couple of your games and you now drop down and have to work your way up again. You can say "well once you have 100% then you would always be in the group" but then you would have people who would 100% a couple of easy games just to get in the group and then fuck it.

No this is something that will only really apply to a small group of people and is that enough to warrant putting time and resources into something that would have to be constantly altered and monitored.  Now if some users on here really want to do it, then make a Thread about it and monitor it yourselves. It is like getting A-Z platinums. I was striving for it and I made a thread and some people got into it. It would just take someone wanting to do it and being willing to monitor and enforce the rules that the group comes up with. Not every thing on this site has to come from Sly, we have the power to do things on our own (see A-Z Platinums, Seatk Rivalry, SOTM contests, Premium Contests, Ultra Rare Trophy Hunters etc etc etc).

I think it would ruin this page..everyone would make a new account just to get into the 100% hall of fame. I think they should aim for rarity leaderboard instead of 100% hall of fame. It would encourage people to push themselves to limits. Try new kinds of games and so-on. Having many Ultra Rare trophies is way more interesting than having 100% completion. You can see what people can do or like to play from their trophies. Some people drop some games because they get bored. I'v seen another PSN leaderboard page which has COMPLETION, RARITY, ADJUSTED and NORMAL leaderboards. If it's so important to praise people with 100% completion simplest answer would be making own leaderboard section for average completion with an option to put the people with 100% first calculating who has the most games and so-on. So having only Hannah Montana on your profile with 100% completion won't make you the first. I don't think Sly wants to make this site a copy of something else, so it's better to keep it nice and simple.

Rarity and completion are just two different dimensions of commitment. Someone who starts a second profile dedicated to 100% completion is as committed as someone like me who plays the same game 2+ times simply to pick up all the trophies.  Minus DLC, picking up the rarest trophies is the same thing as getting 100% and vice versa.  Listing 100% players in order of Ultra Rare trophy counts would keep all of the horribly dreaded Hannah Montana leper miscreants scrounging at the bottom.  I don't have the (discipline?) to manually maintain (or independently verify) a thread like the A-Z platinums.  I defer to a computer's ability to automatically process information.  psnprofiles has the tools.  It already updates completion rates and global rankings multiple times a day - this is a natural extension.  This isn't something to clutter the profile pages - it's just a different kind of leaderboard.

pogo_loco.png

Edited by pogo_loco