God of War 3 & 4 talk. (Major GoW3 Spoilers)

Good read, I also think that God of War 3 was nothing short of a masterpiece and years ahead of its time in terms of graphics, set pieces, and overall scale. And I didn't even play the series in order, I platinumed them in order but GoW 3 was my first ever god of war and I can only imagine what my opinion of it would have been had I played them in order.

I really do hope that the series takes place In a new mythology because spoilers Kratos has literally killed everyone xD. Im not sure how I feel about it continuing Kratos' story but at the same time I can't imagine god of war without him. I hope they make the transition from mythologies smooth. 

Regarding Athena banishing Kratos to another mythology, I think it would actually make more sense if they introduced Chronos: The god of Space and Time as I feel it'd make more sense if he had that sort of power. And seeing as he hasn't been in any God of War games yet, I think its highly possible. 

Looking forward to replaying and re-platting God of War 3, and I eagerly await the technical marvel that will be God of War 4 :D

I have to say I agree with you.I love God of War and the third one was the main reason I bought a PS3.I always thought a GOW3 remaster was pretty obvious actually.It's like all those collections of PS2 games on PS3 that lets you enjoy gems you didn't play on PS2 (and since GOW3 is one of the best,if not the best PS3 exclusive ever...).I think they won't remaster GOW 1&2 for the simple fact that those are PS2 games and would take more effort to re-remaster them for the PS4,alongside the fact that most people won't be interested in playing a PS2 game on PS4.

Regarding GOW4,SPOILER we all knew the ending didn't actually kill Kratos with that trail of blood and the new mithology thing would be sweet and weird at the same time

Good read, I also think that God of War 3 was nothing short of a masterpiece and years ahead of its time in terms of graphics, set pieces, and overall scale. And I didn't even play the series in order, I platinumed them in order but GoW 3 was my first ever god of war and I can only imagine what my opinion of it would have been had I played them in order.

I really do hope that the series takes place In a new mythology because spoilers Kratos has literally killed everyone xD. Im not sure how I feel about it continuing Kratos' story but at the same time I can't imagine god of war without him. I hope they make the transition from mythologies smooth. 

Regarding Athena banishing Kratos to another mythology, I think it would actually make more sense if they introduced Chronos: The god of Space and Time as I feel it'd make more sense if he had that sort of power. And seeing as he hasn't been in any God of War games yet, I think its highly possible. 

Looking forward to replaying and re-platting God of War 3, and I eagerly await the technical marvel that will be God of War 4 :D

Chronos was in God of war,it was the Giant Titan with the temple on his back(also Zeus' father) that SPOILER Kratos killed in GOW3

Edited by MarcusTheShadow

Thats the thing, I cant see God of War without Kratos even though I know his story is done. I just want to hear him scream stuff all day lol.

Sorry for my last reply, you were right! :P Yes thats an awesome idea!!!! :)

Maybe you should put "Major Spoilers" in the thread title for people who haven't played GoW3 yet.

Yes, good idea. Fixed it now, thank you for the tip.

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

Chronos was in God of war,it was the Giant Titan with the temple on his back(also Zeus' father) that SPOILER Kratos killed in GOW3

That was Cronus, and what you just said is pretty much what everyone else is going to think too :P

That might be the reason he was never in the games, he had a very similar name to one of the main Titans in the series. I'm sure they'll be able to make the distinction quite clear so people aren't confused. 

• Like 1

That was Cronus, and what you just said is pretty much what everyone else is going to think too :P

That might be the reason he was never in the games, he had a very similar name to one of the main Titans in the series. I'm sure they'll be able to make the distinction quite clear so people aren't confused. 

Nope Chronus doesn't exist,Chronos is Zeus' father and Titan of time.They simply didn't give him time related powers.

Nope Chronus doesn't exist,Chronos is Zeus' father and Titan of time.They simply didn't give him time related powers.

No man, click the links! There is a clear distinction, apart from the name xD. One is a titan the other is a god. 

• Like 1

No man, click the links! There is a clear distinction, apart from the name xD. One is a titan the other is a god. 

Nope that Chronos is the personification of time presocratic philosophy(which I won't think they will use),wasn't part of greek pantheon.

Kronos in greek mithology is the titan father of Zeus,Poseidon and Hades that ate his sons and then was dethronized by Zeus.

I studied Ancient Greek's culture and language for five years,I'm pretty confident about this :)

Edited by MarcusTheShadow
  • Like 1

Nope that Chronos is the personification of time presocratic philosophy,wasn't part of greek pantheon.

Kronos in greek mithology is the titan father of Zeus,Poseidon and Hades that ate his sons and then was dethronized by Zeus.

I studied Ancient Greek's culture and language for five years,I'm pretty confident about this :)

And I did not study anything except the two wikipedia pages so I'm not confident at all xD 

Well then I'm all out of ideas on how they'll approach a mythology switch. I can't see athena possessing that kind of power, and I'll be disappointed if God of War 4 is a one-off type game like Ascension and the PSP titles. Hopefully they build up for a trilogy or atleast duology. For plot sake I hope its a seperate mythology as there are almost endless possibilities with Norse or Egyptian mythologies. 

EDIT: The thought of Kratos fighting Odin or Ra has me extremely excited panda-emoticon-36.gif?1292863512

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 2

I have to say I agree with you.I love God of War and the third one was the main reason I bought a PS3.I always thought a GOW3 remaster was pretty obvious actually.It's like all those collections of PS2 games on PS3 that lets you enjoy gems you didn't play on PS2 (and since GOW3 is one of the best,if not the best PS3 exclusive ever...).I think they won't remaster GOW 1&2 for the simple fact that those are PS2 games and would take more effort to re-remaster them for the PS4,alongside the fact that most people won't be interested in playing a PS2 game on PS4.

Regarding GOW4,SPOILER we all knew the ending didn't actually kill Kratos with that trail of blood and the new mithology thing would be sweet and weird at the same time

You're talking about Cronus.

<sigh>

As a note, there is no accepted spelling of "Kronos" the titan. The "K" that seems popular now used to be "Ch" (the same holds, e.g., in regards to Scylla, which is often rendered now as "Skylla", which yields a closer pronunciation). Another example is the ferryman "Charon", which is now often rendered as "Karon".

In other words, "Kronos", "Kronus", "Chronos", etc. all mean the same thing - the ancient Greek alphabet isn't the same as the Roman alphabet.

Now, as to the topic at hand, I come from a different perspective. I loved God of War, but felt the series took a downturn (story-wise, not gameplay-wise) at God of War 2, as Kratos became incredibly one-dimensional, and also very unintelligent. But ignoring that, I see little reason for a GoW3 re-master, unless it's a limited edition for fans and fanboys. I think everyone who wanted to play GoW3 has done so (particularly with the excellent GoW collection, which can be found for pennies nowadays). Only really hardcore fans are going to re-buy games like this.

If they want to add it to GoW4 as a bonus (a la WKC being added to WKC2), fine, but I don't see it as nearly so essential as the first post would claim. I won't comment on GoW4, because I'm not that excited about it (given the Mega-Man-itis that series is inflicted with, I would guess exactly more of the same, which again is fine for the diehard fan).

BTW, what patron keeps hiding those Gorgon eyes in chests, and why won't that patron accept the sacrifice of Gorgon eyes from the myriad Gorgons that Kratos slays throughout his quest?.

Edited by starcrunch061

I'd like to see GOW4 continuing Kratos' story. After the GOW3 credits, Kratos is gone and left the Blade of Olympus behind and the screen shows a bloody trail. I'd like to see Spirit Athena as the bad guy. If she survived her apparent death by turning into a spirit, the other gods could do the same. They could be trying to control the chaos that Kratos unleashed when they lost control over all the elements. Or the Roman gods (who were "borrowed" from the Greek pantheon and given different names) could make an appearance. They could be the Greek gods reborn when the spirits gained new bodies. Kratos would have to find a way to destroy their spirits to finally get rid of them.

• Like 3

Or the Roman gods (who were "borrowed" from the Greek pantheon and given different names) could make an appearance. They could be the Greek gods reborn when the spirits gained new bodies. Kratos would have to find a way to destroy their spirits to finally get rid of them.

Oh...I like that. Gives a new, fresh interpretation of the Roman pantheon. Also, Ares could change (the Roman god Mars was very well-respected). Or Kratos could become the Roman god Mars.

That is a really cool idea.

I'd like to see GOW4 continuing Kratos' story. After the GOW3 credits, Kratos is gone and left the Blade of Olympus behind and the screen shows a bloody trail. I'd like to see Spirit Athena as the bad guy. If she survived her apparent death by turning into a spirit, the other gods could do the same. They could be trying to control the chaos that Kratos unleashed when they lost control over all the elements. Or the Roman gods (who were "borrowed" from the Greek pantheon and given different names) could make an appearance. They could be the Greek gods reborn when the spirits gained new bodies. Kratos would have to find a way to destroy their spirits to finally get rid of them.

I also thought about that. And that would also be amazing. :)

I remember some days ago another thread like this and yes,I also said that this GOW3 remaster will include something about GOW4, my only concern is that they tweak the end adding something, i hope they don't. They can tease the new product whatever they want but I really hope they don't add anything to the main source (GOW3).

And of course I want something about Kratos vs Athena, and big fans knows it due how she was introduced in the PSP games, that's why even when most people don't give a damn about those smaller games, those stories (ghost of Sparta and Chain of Olympus) made me enjoy more the GOW3 conclusion.

I remember some days ago another thread like this and yes,I also said that this GOW3 remaster will include something about GOW4, my only concern is that they tweak the end adding something, i hope they don't. They can tease the new product whatever they want but I really hope they don't add anything to the main source (GOW3).

And of course I want something about Kratos vs Athena, and big fans knows it due how she was introduced in the PSP games, that's why even when most people don't give a damn about those smaller games, those stories (ghost of Sparta and Chain of Olympus) made me enjoy more the GOW3 conclusion.

Yes, Athena became a much more important character after Ghost of Sparta for me. That was amazing.

I have always liked Athena but now I really want her to be the big bad boss. It would be amaaazziiiing!!

And I doubt they will tweak GoW3 end, I just think they will put in a little teaser. Like two sentences from Kratos or something small. :)

Wow the whole thing "Greek gods became their Roman alter egos" got me pretty excited,it would be awesome! Although Kratos vs Odin,Rah etc is also very unlikely that would be absolutely epic.

However putting living religions (Cristianity etc) as a character or antagonist would be like putting a target on yourself in front of a really skilled sniper 

• Like 1

Okay first of all LOVE THIS THREAD.

I am pretty excited about a new god of war and the idea that it will go towards a different mythology is amazing.

But here an idea, at the end of God of War 3 the screen states: In the end there will only be chaos.

Now if you look into greek mythology chaos is like the father of the titans the creator of the world so to say.

Is it possible that the new enemy will be chaos because Kratos F***** up his creations??

Please let me hear about your opinions :)

• Like 3