God of War 3 & 4 talk. (Major GoW3 Spoilers)

Okay first of all LOVE THIS THREAD.

I am pretty excited about a new god of war and the idea that it will go towards a different mythology is amazing.

But here an idea, at the end of God of War 3 the screen states: In the end there will only be chaos.

Now if you look into greek mythology chaos is like the father of the titans the creator of the world so to say.

Is it possible that the new enemy will be chaos because Kratos F***** up his creations??

Please let me hear about your opinions :)

So I've been thinking alot of God of War. And I've been thinking about every god being spirits and you take them down again and such. 

But yes, its a very good theory.

So here is my opinion. I seriously think that God of War will span out to another trilogy. And if this is the new God of War, I think that Athena will be the main boss and you will continue through the Greek mythology. And maybe the Roman gods as people in earlier comments stated. IF this is the story, I think 4 will be Athena as the main villain. And 5 will be about Chaos / Chronous (Wich started a discussion earlier too. So im sorry if I'm wrong on the name lol) What f we mix our theroies.

When you think you're at the last boss, Athena, you're really only halfway through the game. And when you kill her, Chaos comes down and mess you up. And the rest of the game you hunt him down. And in the end, you kill him and just as you do he sends you to another mythology (As he has a shit ton of power) so in 5 you're in an Egyptian mythology for example. I HOPE, that Athena will be the main boss in 4 (Or some of the game) And I love the Greek mythology, and the way to go if you want to stay in the Greek mythology and keep it fresh, do the Roman thing. Otherwise, I think they should totally go for banishing Kratos to another world, and Kratos fighting his way back to his home world to kill everyone and die to reunite with his family.

Thank you for the comment. And thank you too everyone else talking about GoW and stuff they want and such. I love it! :)

And also, thank you for the first sentence!

My idea for a Norse sequel to God of war 3:

Kratos, after stabbing himself at the end of God of War 3, falls from the cliff, .... He drifts in the ocean, floating, until he is picked up by Viking sailors.... Recognizing him as the Ghost of Sparta, the killer of the greek gods.... He is taken to the entrance of the rainbow bridge to be judged by Odin himself for crimes against the gods and the destruction of Olympus. Cue intro.

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 1

My idea for a Norse sequel to God of war 3:

Kratos, after stabbing himself at the end of God of War 3, falls from the cliff, .... He drifts in the ocean, floating, until he is picked up by Viking sailors.... Recognizing him as the Ghost of Sparta, the killer of the greek gods.... He is taken to the entrance of the rainbow bridge to be judged by Odin himself for crimes against the gods and the destruction of Olympus. Cue intro.

Sounds cool :P

A Norse setting sound cool. Yes. BUT, personally I don't think it fits at all for God of War unfortunaly. Egyptian for example would be more logical. Atleast imo. But Norse would definitely be epic :)

And I love you theory man! Imagine that, the game starts with big bearded men pulling you up from the ocean and taking you to Odin lol. Quite an intro to say atleast. Would we face and perhaps kill Odin is my question (Like Poseidon in GoW3 kind of)

Great idea mate, I really like it! :)

Sounds cool :P

A Norse setting sound cool. Yes. BUT, personally I don't think it fits at all for God of War unfortunaly. Egyptian for example would be more logical. Atleast imo. But Norse would definitely be epic :)

And I love you theory man! Imagine that, the game starts with big bearded men pulling you up from the ocean and taking you to Odin lol. Quite an intro to say atleast. Would we face and perhaps kill Odin is my question (Like Poseidon in GoW3 kind of)

Great idea mate, I really like it! :)

Norse mythology has loads of large monsters for us to face, and more recognizable gods for us to kill like Thor, Odin, Loki, etc.... 

Perhaps we would kill Odin, but not before he banishes Kratos to the bowels of Hell... similar to hades.... 

• Like 1

I would hate a full reboot. So many things getting rebooted that really don't need it at all *cough* Ratchet & Clank *cough*

I would love to see Kratos fighting Egyptian gods. Egyptian mythology is my favorite, and there aren't many games that do it justice. Kratos fighting Ra, Osiris, and Anubis would be awesome. I don't know exactly how they'd explain it, but at the end of the day it's just a video game. It doesn't need much explanation, just do whatever. Nobody is going to say, "Hey wait a minute, how is Kratos in Egypt now? This isn't realistic."

Well Greece and Egypt share the mediterranean sea and *Spolier* Kratos falls from the cliff to the sea in GOW 3. It is plausible, he could have ended up in Egypt somehow.

mediterranean-map_zps5h0zdesd.gif

Norse mythology has loads of large monsters for us to face, and more recognizable gods for us to kill like Thor, Odin, Loki, etc.... 

Perhaps we would kill Odin, but not before he banishes Kratos to the bowels of Hell... similar to hades.... 

The question is, would Odin be actually stupid enough to do that, considering the Greek gods tried their best to kill Kratos and were wiped out in the end. It's more likely that Loki might try to trick and manipulate Kratos into killing the Norse gods so Loki can rule Asgard himself. It's quite easy, "Look there, these bearded gods wants to kill you!" "Whaaaat, OOOOOOODDDDDDIIIN!"

*cue the can of whoop-ass being opened on Odin*

The question is, would Odin be actually stupid enough to do that, considering the Greek gods tried their best to kill Kratos and were wiped out in the end. It's more likely that Loki might try to trick and manipulate Kratos into killing the Norse gods so Loki can rule Asgard himself. It's quite easy, "Look there, these bearded gods wants to kill you!" "Whaaaat, OOOOOOODDDDDDIIIN!"

*cue the can of whoop-ass being opened on Odin*

Yes, he would in fact be stupid enough to do it... because like all gods in the series, he would be arrogant... Thinking "Pfft I'm better than all of the greek gods, stronger than them, this piddling half-god may have bested them, but he could never best me." and then Kratos rips his arms off and beats him to death with them... but I could see them working the Loki angle as well. 

Norse and Egyptian gods both sound awesome!!!

Third mythology that could be used is those of the germanic mythology.

The main god would be Wodan who is a lot like Odin, with many epic enemies like cernunnos (god who calls forth the hunt)

This would mean that Kratos would end up in the north of europe main land (north france, germany, netherlands etc)

What if with the death of hades, tartaros/underworld falls apart and the underworld is taken over by a god of another mythology, then location isn' t needed anymore to get Kratos to another mythology/story

Norse and Egyptian gods both sound awesome!!!

Third mythology that could be used is those of the germanic mythology.

The main god would be Wodan who is a lot like Odin, with many epic enemies like cernunnos (god who calls forth the hunt)

This would mean that Kratos would end up in the north of europe main land (north france, germany, netherlands etc)

What if with the death of hades, tartaros/underworld falls apart and the underworld is taken over by a god of another mythology, then location isn' t needed anymore to get Kratos to another mythology/story

Wow that sounds awesome haven't even thought about that.

And that idea with the underworld is also, once again awesome.

My thing with Norse is that it just doesn't fit. Odin, Thor and Loki just doesn't feel right for God of War. Now don't mistake me, its an awesome mythology and I really like it. I would love to see Kratos slay Thor with his own hammer. But I just feel like Egyptic is like the one that would fit the best. And Egyptic has a whole lot of gods wich is awesome.

Now I don't hate the theory, would still be amazing too see Norse and I would be happy with it. And the idea of 'The location isn't needed anymore to get Kratos to another mythology' I LOVE IT. Thats an AWESOME idea :D