This game is not worth your time even if you consider yourself a trophy hunter.

So I decided to finally get Megamind and plat it as most people have as it only takes 3-4 hours (It took me 2hours and 17 minutes :) ). I actually literally enjoyed playing it, (although the sewers got boring). I decided it was fun to play and helped my trophy rank get higher faster, so why not get another easy movie-tie in game? Thus I exchanged it for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I have to say it is one of the most boring games that I have ever played. I am going to finish it since I am already over-half way done and I would like another platinum, but in retrospect I would have stayed far away from it. It may take about 6 hours to play, but it will be one of the most boring 6 hours of your life. I warn anyone to not get this game!!!! It may be good for a 5 year old, but most certainly not for an adult. I am sure that some may disagree with my opinion, but that is all it is......my opinion. :D

• Like 1

well, i havent watched any gameplay of cloudy with a chance of meatballs, but the movie sucked and i am honestly not planning to get that game. im done getting easy plats lol, i think 3 is more than enough. either way, i doubt this game is worse than terminator salvation. just saying.

if you want a fun movie based game with easy trophies, get ice age 3! that game was a blast and i really enjoyed it... other than my uncle bashing on me for being 16 and playing a game for 7 year olds :( but other than that i had a blast playing that game. if you want another easy plat go for it. dont waste your time getting other easy plats, since out of terminator salvation, madagascar kartz (and it wasnt even that easy..) and ice age, ice age is by far the best!

• Like 1

well, i havent watched any gameplay of cloudy with a chance of meatballs, but the movie sucked and i am honestly not planning to get that game. im done getting easy plats lol, i think 3 is more than enough. either way, i doubt this game is worse than terminator salvation. just saying.

if you want a fun movie based game with easy trophies, get ice age 3! that game was a blast and i really enjoyed it... other than my uncle bashing on me for being 16 and playing a game for 7 year olds :( but other than that i had a blast playing that game. if you want another easy plat go for it. dont waste your time getting other easy plats, since out of terminator salvation, madagascar kartz (and it wasnt even that easy..) and ice age, ice age is by far the best!

Don't feel guilty, a game is a game. If you were playing Hannah Montana, that's another story altogether :rolleyes: I personally truly enjoyed Terminator Salvation, but I will keep my eyes open for Ice Age 3, and when one of my local Gamestops gets a used copy, I will be sure to pick it up! Thanks for the tip! :yay:

You think that`s bad avoid Planet 51 ,where some trophies involve playing the same level 10 times in a row just slightly quicker!

Even my 5yo son won`t entertain it

That sounds really lame. Thanks for the heads up, I will stay away! :D

Although I have not played Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, was it the game that sucked, or the fact that, as evidenced by your post, the only reason you played it was/is for the trophies/trophy count and Platinum?

I know everyone is different, but this is what happens when people play the trophies, not the game. You wanted a game with easy trophies...no more, no less; and despite the fact that the game (in your opinion) sucks, you are still going to finish it for what reason?

Because it is fun?

Becasue you liked the movie?

Because the gameplay is awesome?

...nope.

If all you care about, again, as evidenced by your post and your own words are trophies/trophy counts and Platinums, I think it is safe to say you will be playing a whole lot of other games that "suck" when your focus has become so far removed from actually playing a game for the fun and enjoyment of the game itself, rather than what trophies/Platinums said games have.

You may think that I only play games for trophies, but that is not entirely true. While yes, Cloudy I did get for trophies, I always try and usually do in fact, enjoy whatever game I play......also, there are many games that I play just to play, with trophies coming in at second place. Anyway, Cloudy is just boring without anything of any interest to keep a gamer interested IMO. It is extremely repetative as well. I stand by what I said.

I've been going through an easy plat phase lately and am actually enjoying the PG games. The only one I have not been impressed by was Kung Fu Panda 2 so far. The game was fun and easy but, the quality of the game was terrible side for me. It felt like a second-hand reproduction of a fake Rolex knock-off IMO. The graphics were fuzzy and the "voice acting" was atrocious. The levels were made up of 3-4 areas that you had to revisit several times in order to give the game a little length. With all that said, the game was still pretty fun to play.

I enjoyed Cloudy though. It was rather repetitive but, what do you expect from a game like that. For me, it actually had a story line (expanding upon the movie), upgrades, objectives, etc... Not too shabby IMO. To each his own though right? It's too bad you didn't enjoy it but, I can understand how that goes. I thought the movie was pretty decent and the game added to that for me. I also didn't have high expectations so that might be the difference.

Terminator seems to take a lot of heat as being a terrible game but, I enjoyed that one too. The gameplay was a little glitchy and I thought it was tougher than most in the difficulty aspect. It offered a challenge for me with a bunch of Gold trophies and a Platinum for my time so i'm feeling pretty good about that game.

I've played my share of difficult games and now i've had some experience with the easy games. I can honestly say there is only 1 game on my list that I regret playing and that is Killzone 2. I am not a FPS fan and should never have installed it. It was supposedly a great FPS (based on the many reviews I read) but, that didn't mean shit for me.... I really didn't like it :( and will probably never try another FPS; I was hoping that game would open my eyes to the FPS world.

Edit: I'm a firm believer that you should play games that you think you will enjoy (whether easy or hard). I know I won't enjoy Hanna Montana so i'm not going to be getting that one. Additionally, I watched some gameplay for Cars/Cars2 and as much as I liked the movie(s), I wasn't impressed so those are not going on my to-do list either. I'm a little terrified of the Insanity trophies for Mass Effect 3 but, I loved the previous game so much that I had to continue the series. I guess what i'm getting at is even though my list has some "whorish" games on it, I only play games that I think I will enjoy and I recommend that to everyone. Otherwise your gaming feels more like a chore and i'm pretty sure none of us are looking to add more work to our plates. ;)

• Like 1

Of course it's not worth a grown mans time because the game was developed with kids in mind. When my son gets old enough to play games by himself I'm sure I'll be picking games up like this for him to play because they are supposed to be simple, easy, colorful games so a kid can enjoy them. They were never meant for grown men to play them so they can get trophies. If that's how you want to spend your money and time that's fine, but I personally feel it's kinda goody to knock a game when you aren't anywhere near it's target market.

Parker

• Like 4

What other games do you guys recommend to unlock more trophies?

Trine 2, Megamind, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, (It is as boring as hell), NCIS, Up, Cars, Man vs. Wild, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Rango, Cabela's Adventure Camp, Ice Age 3, Hannah Montana (NEVER DO THAT ONE AS I WILL NEVER TOUCH A GIRLY GAME :( ), Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2010, Green Lantern, Captain America, Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time, Shrek 4, Puss in Boots, and The Penguins of Madagascar, Terminator Salvation, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon to name a few. Good Luck and just message me if you have any more questions! :D

• Like 1

Of course it's not worth a grown mans time because the game was developed with kids in mind. When my son gets old enough to play games by himself I'm sure I'll be picking games up like this for him to play because they are supposed to be simple, easy, colorful games so a kid can enjoy them. They were never meant for grown men to play them so they can get trophies. If that's how you want to spend your money and time that's fine, but I personally feel it's kinda goody to knock a game when you aren't anywhere near it's target market.

Parker

To be fair, that is the opinion of a lot of adults when it comes to any type of gaming...they see gaming as a "kids" activity. That type of thinking can also be applied to many things: Movies, music, TV shows...and yes, gaming. Just becasue they may be targeted at a certain audience does not mean that they can not be or aren't enjoyable in their own right.

I agree Wade... One could surmise that any activity could be childish depending on their perspective.

Maybe i'm weird but, I quite enjoyed the PG games i've played. I have 2 young children and am flooded with the movies, toys, etc... of said games. If you don't learn to like (or, at least, learn to tolerate) these movies/games with young children in the house, you might have an early stroke. Since I have seen these movies so many times, it's actually enjoyable to play their respective games for me. As far as critiquing these games... that's the beauty of being an adult; you can look at the game objectively and provide proper feedback. If the target audience was rating them, your feedback would be limited to slang and/or derogatory terms.

• Like 3

Maybe i'm weird but, I quite enjoyed the PG games i've played. I have 2 young children and am flooded with the movies, toys, etc... of said games. If you don't learn to like (or, at least, learn to tolerate) these movies/games with young children in the house, you might have an early stroke. Since I have seen these movies so many times, it's actually enjoyable to play their respective games for me. As far as critiquing these games... that's the beauty of being an adult; you can look at the game objectively and provide proper feedback. If the target audience was rating them, your feedback would be limited to slang and/or derogatory terms.

No, not odd or weird at all, as we are the same way. We absolutely love the PIXAR/Disney movies, and have also enjoyed watching them with our grandson. So not only is it fun to play these games when we find/found the movies so enjoyable, it is also just a fun, goofy way to spend a few hours when one does not feel like puzzle solving, shooting peoples faces off, racing around a track or attempting a certain level/boss for the umpteenth time.

To me, games like these are just like those cheesy Sci-Fi & horror movies I enjoy. There are times when you just have to allow your brain to disengage and have fun with them.

• Like 1

been there done that and own the Plat... no shame because i thought it was funny... hell, i even played Up, and Megamind... Im a grown man who loves cartoons and im not ashamed of it in the least...

Ive moved away from trophy huntin so much and i have been sticking with long lasting RPGs... the only reason why i don't play as many games like that now is I try to get the most bang for my buck... meaning hours per dollar spent... but thats just me

• Like 1

To be fair, that is the opinion of a lot of adults when it comes to any type of gaming...they see gaming as a "kids" activity. That type of thinking can also be applied to many things: Movies, music, TV shows...and yes, gaming. Just becasue they may be targeted at a certain audience does not mean that they can not be or aren't enjoyable in their own right.

I agree 100%, I wasn't trying to say that "kiddie" games can't be enjoyable if you're older but if you don't enjoy the game there really isn't any point talking bad about it because it wasn't really aimed at you anyways. If that makes sense. As an example, if I played Hannah Montana and despised it there would really be no point in me getting on a forum and telling my fellow members it was an awful game because obviously it was meant for pre-teen or early teen children. However, that doesn't mean as a grown man you can't sit there and enjoy Hannah Montana, as I'm sure there are many people that do. Hopefully that makes my point a little clearer.

Parker

I agree 100%, I wasn't trying to say that "kiddie" games can't be enjoyable if you're older but if you don't enjoy the game there really isn't any point talking bad about it because it wasn't really aimed at you anyways. If that makes sense. As an example, if I played Hannah Montana and despised it there would really be no point in me getting on a forum and telling my fellow members it was an awful game because obviously it was meant for pre-teen or early teen children. However, that doesn't mean as a grown man you can't sit there and enjoy Hannah Montana, as I'm sure there are many people that do. Hopefully that makes my point a little clearer.

Parker

Basically, you not enjoying a game doesn't mean said game is bad - it just wasn't your kind of game. Same goes for just about any genre, really - someone who's not a shooter fan probably won't enjoy a game like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Someone who's essentially "grown" probably won't like a game like Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, or Megamind, because it's not made with them in mind.

But - someone with kids might find enjoyment just by playing them with their children, or a fan of the film may enjoy the tie-in.

• Like 1

So I decided to finally get Megamind and plat it as most people have as it only takes 3-4 hours (It took me 2hours and 17 minutes :) ). I actually literally enjoyed playing it, (although the sewers got boring). I decided it was fun to play and helped my trophy rank get higher faster, so why not get another easy movie-tie in game? Thus I exchanged it for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I have to say it is one of the most boring games that I have ever played. I am going to finish it since I am already over-half way done and I would like another platinum, but in retrospect I would have stayed far away from it. It may take about 6 hours to play, but it will be one of the most boring 6 hours of your life. I warn anyone to not get this game!!!! It may be good for a 5 year old, but most certainly not for an adult. I am sure that some may disagree with my opinion, but that is all it is......my opinion. :D

Choosing games to play specifically for the trophies has turned out bad for me in the past. I've tried it for a couple of games and I really regret having games like TS or the Sly trilogy on my profile. I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes, it's just that I didn't have fun with those games. If there's no fun in it then it's like work and just not worth the effort.

Btw, I didn't find TS and the challenges at the end of Sly 3 to be "easy". I thought TS was a glitchy mess and the Sly 3 challenges to be infuriating which made playing them even worse.

I've played my share of difficult games and now i've had some experience with the easy games. I can honestly say there is only 1 game on my list that I regret playing and that is Killzone 2. I am not a FPS fan and should never have installed it. It was supposedly a great FPS (based on the many reviews I read) but, that didn't mean shit for me.... I really didn't like it :( and will probably never try another FPS; I was hoping that game would open my eyes to the FPS world.

I used to feel the same way about fps. I'm not saying that fps aren't for you, but maybe you just haven't found your niche. I happen to like Killzone, but I can see where someone new to the genre may have trouble with it because of the clunky feel of the controls (which it is notorious for). There are lots of other fps that are much more responsive and you may find those more agreeable.

One other thing, I'm planning on going back to KZ2 in the near future to finish up my elite run and live online for a couple weeks to get the mp trophies. :P

I was hoping to get a group together from here to do a lot of the mp stuff with. Maybe joining up may change your mind.

Rowdi, I have to completely disagree with you regarding the Sly series. They are classic games that are by no means completely focused on younger kids. Ratchet & Clank is loved by many aduts and so too is the Sly series. Just because it is animated with a comic book kind of feel does not make it a kiddy game in my opinion.

Rowdi, I have to completely disagree with you regarding the Sly series. They are classic games that are by no means completely focused on younger kids. Ratchet & Clank is loved by many aduts and so too is the Sly series. Just because it is animated with a comic book kind of feel does not make it a kiddy game in my opinion.

Never said they were kiddie games. I was referring to them as "easy" games and the type of games that some people may play in order to pad their profile with easy trophies. I for one did and now regret it because I didn't really care for the trilogy and now I look back and feel like they cheapen my profile.

Just for the record, I still want to play some of the Ratchet and Clank games. I don't want to play them for the easy trophies though. I want to play them because I've had other friends tell me they're great games, which was the point I was trying to get across in my earlier post.

Trine 2, Megamind, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, (It is as boring as hell), NCIS, Up, Cars, Man vs. Wild, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Rango, Cabela's Adventure Camp, Ice Age 3, Hannah Montana (NEVER DO THAT ONE AS I WILL NEVER TOUCH A GIRLY GAME :( ), Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2010, Green Lantern, Captain America, Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time, Shrek 4, Puss in Boots, and The Penguins of Madagascar, Terminator Salvation, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon to name a few. Good Luck and just message me if you have any more questions! :D

I better start saving up my money, then. I shall let you know if I need any more help. Thanks.

Never said they were kiddie games. I was referring to them as "easy" games and the type of games that some people may play in order to pad their profile with easy trophies. I for one did and now regret it because I didn't really care for the trilogy and now I look back and feel like they cheapen my profile.

Just for the record, I still want to play some of the Ratchet and Clank games. I don't want to play them for the easy trophies though. I want to play them because I've had other friends tell me they're great games, which was the point I was trying to get across in my earlier post.

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying, but I still would not consider the Sly series to be exactly easy. Some of the challenges in three were rather hard. Easy to me is Megmind. I guess we all have our own definitions! lol :D

I better start saving up my money, then. I shall let you know if I need any more help. Thanks.

Let me give you a tip....... buy these games at Gamestop USED, and then play them within a week and exchange them within a week. That way you can stretch your 15 dollars or whatever the price is of the game you get first. I do this all the time and go through the easy games at an unbelievable rate, and the Gamestop guys ask no question other than my reason for returning it.....which I either say I did not like it or I completed it within a day, all of which are true. I hope this tip helps as Gamestop's exchange policy is amazingly generous. I LUV Gamestop and buy all my new games and hardware from them.

Basically, you not enjoying a game doesn't mean said game is bad - it just wasn't your kind of game. Same goes for just about any genre, really - someone who's not a shooter fan probably won't enjoy a game like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Someone who's essentially "grown" probably won't like a game like Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, or Megamind, because it's not made with them in mind.

But - someone with kids might find enjoyment just by playing them with their children, or a fan of the film may enjoy the tie-in.

Exactly. There are bad games but more often than not there are games that for some reason, you just won't like. In this case it's more than likely because it is a "kiddie" game, and as such I feel the criticism in unnecessary.

Like I said, I didn't mean that an adult CAN'T enjoy this game but more than likely an adult WON'T enjoy the game.

Parker