This game is not worth your time even if you consider yourself a trophy hunter.

Like I said, I didn't mean that an adult CAN'T enjoy this game but more than likely an adult WON'T enjoy the game.

"The day an adult forgets to have fun with the childish things in life: movies, music, games, jokes or anything else, they have lost the deep-rooted enjoyment of life. As adults, we have far too many pressures to contend with to cut the head off our childish enjoyments; Those that do end up miserable old twats who have already given up on life."

- James Patrick Page

BBC radio interview, 1977

• Like 2

One other thing, I'm planning on going back to KZ2 in the near future to finish up my elite run and live online for a couple weeks to get the mp trophies. :P

I was hoping to get a group together from here to do a lot of the mp stuff with. Maybe joining up may change your mind.

I'm pretty sure I still own it so I may take you up on that. I wouldn't mind earning a few more trophies in it to boost my overall completion a little more. I'm deeply into Mass Effect 3 right now though and will probably need another week+ to finish out my SP runs. Thanks for the offer! I'm almost excited to give it another chance.

Like I said, I didn't mean that an adult CAN'T enjoy this game but more than likely an adult WON'T enjoy the game.

Parker

I definitely see your point and took your first post slightly incorrectly. I think Daniel is just trying to warn others that may be considering Cloudy - for an easy plat - to beware the potential to be really boring, haha. I hope my posts haven't come across negatively toward you; that has not been my intention :)

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying, but I still would not consider the Sly series to be exactly easy. Some of the challenges in three were rather hard. Easy to me is Megmind. I guess we all have our own definitions! lol :D

Let me give you a tip....... buy these games at Gamestop USED, and then play them within a week and exchange them within a week. That way you can stretch your 15 dollars or whatever the price is of the game you get first. I do this all the time and go through the easy games at an unbelievable rate, and the Gamestop guys ask no question other than my reason for returning it.....which I either say I did not like it or I completed it within a day, all of which are true. I hope this tip helps as Gamestop's exchange policy is amazingly generous. I LUV Gamestop and buy all my new games and hardware from them.

That is not a bad idea. I shall keep that in mind.

• 2 years later...

Trine 2, Megamind, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, (It is as boring as hell), NCIS, Up, Cars, Man vs. Wild, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Rango, Cabela's Adventure Camp, Ice Age 3, Hannah Montana (NEVER DO THAT ONE AS I WILL NEVER TOUCH A GIRLY GAME :( ), Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2010, Green Lantern, Captain America, Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time, Shrek 4, Puss in Boots, and The Penguins of Madagascar, Terminator Salvation, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon to name a few. Good Luck and just message me if you have any more questions! :D

Couldn't help but notice hannah Montana is on your completed plat list. What happened to never doing this one?

Choosing games to play specifically for the trophies has turned out bad for me in the past. I've tried it for a couple of games and I really regret having games like TS or the Sly trilogy on my profile. I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes, it's just that I didn't have fun with those games. If there's no fun in it then it's like work and just not worth the effort.

Btw, I didn't find TS and the challenges at the end of Sly 3 to be "easy". I thought TS was a glitchy mess and the Sly 3 challenges to be infuriating which made playing them even worse.

I used to feel the same way about fps. I'm not saying that fps aren't for you, but maybe you just haven't found your niche. I happen to like Killzone, but I can see where someone new to the genre may have trouble with it because of the clunky feel of the controls (which it is notorious for). There are lots of other fps that are much more responsive and you may find those more agreeable.

One other thing, I'm planning on going back to KZ2 in the near future to finish up my elite run and live online for a couple weeks to get the mp trophies. :P

I was hoping to get a group together from here to do a lot of the mp stuff with. Maybe joining up may change your mind.

Why U no love the Sly games?! :huh:  Nothing cheap about those games. All were fantastic IMO.

• Like 1

So I decided to finally get Megamind and plat it as most people have as it only takes 3-4 hours (It took me 2hours and 17 minutes :) ). I actually literally enjoyed playing it, (although the sewers got boring). I decided it was fun to play and helped my trophy rank get higher faster, so why not get another easy movie-tie in game? Thus I exchanged it for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I have to say it is one of the most boring games that I have ever played. I am going to finish it since I am already over-half way done and I would like another platinum, but in retrospect I would have stayed far away from it. It may take about 6 hours to play, but it will be one of the most boring 6 hours of your life. I warn anyone to not get this game!!!! It may be good for a 5 year old, but most certainly not for an adult. I am sure that some may disagree with my opinion, but that is all it is......my opinion. :D

Thanks for the heads up, but id never even rent that piece of trash game, wouldnt play it if it was free.

Edited by GRITTY_PITTY
  • Like 1

Why U no love the Sly games?! :huh:  Nothing cheap about those games. All were fantastic IMO.

To each their own. They're just not my cup of tea. Imo, the first Sly game was decent and where the series should have stopped. I disliked the second and third in the series very much. So much so that I haven't played the fourth one in the series even though I got it for free.

To each their own. They're just not my cup of tea. Imo, the first Sly game was decent and where the series should have stopped. I disliked the second and third in the series very much. So much so that I haven't played the fourth one in the series even though I got it for free.

Trust me, the fourth was the best of the all! None of the annoyances of the 2nd and 3rd.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...