New to From Software's Games

FinallyGaming_

Hello everyone! I have never played dark souls and only made it to the 1st boss in demon souls. I decided to get into the games and picked up Bloodborne. Now does this have any sort of map? I got pretty far into it ( killed almost everything I saw) and had about 7000+ Blood echoes but no bosses.. And never found another hunters haven or whatever it's called. As I was walking around a cutscene happened! Apparently I stumbled across Father Gasoigne..my first boss lol I was able to get him half way and onto phase 2.. He killed me :( I lost my blood echoes and had to start from the very beginning.. I have to kill every single thing again.. Is that how it usually is? I know there won't be a way every minute to get to hunters haven but I should have seen at least one..so I can upgrade and buy items to be ready.. Is there something I don't understand about the game or any tips you guys might suggest?

No map. Yes, when you die, almost every enemy respawn, it's normal. If you want to recover your blood echoes, you must return to where you died and touch your bloodstain. After your first encounter with a boss, you should see the doll, awaken, to upgrade your character. Father Gasoigne is easy when in stage 3 if you are good at front stab (gun to stun then R1 close to him). One item speed up the transformation into phase 3. I suggest you check some gameplay on youtube and/or twitch.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I have never played dark souls and only made it to the 1st boss in demon souls. I decided to get into the games and picked up Bloodborne. Now does this have any sort of map? I got pretty far into it ( killed almost everything I saw) and had about 7000+ Blood echoes but no bosses.. And never found another hunters haven or whatever it's called. As I was walking around a cutscene happened! Apparently I stumbled across Father Gasoigne..my first boss lol I was able to get him half way and onto phase 2.. He killed me :( I lost my blood echoes and had to start from the very beginning.. I have to kill every single thing again.. Is that how it usually is? I know there won't be a way every minute to get to hunters haven but I should have seen at least one..so I can upgrade and buy items to be ready.. Is there something I don't understand about the game or any tips you guys might suggest?

There will be blood...lost of it... there will be tears.. LOTS of them... if you prevail...there will also be tears... and they will taste so sweet!

Thank now when you say doll to be awaken.. You have to have the item that lets you awaken without losing blood echoes? I had 4 of those items and when I was in haven.. I used it.. It just resplendent me in hunter haven again with no blood echoes. Did I use the item wrong or did I misunderstand what it does? I talked to the doll and not all the way tho.. That part may have been my fault lol cuz I went back to central and tried to rush back where I was.. I died again lol so no way to recover the echoes

Such an interesting FACTS, from our *vets @HARD_ANGEL and @Asari  :)  (*I suppose they are, hardcore veterans of the genre)

I'll take note of that as well, cause I for one, has not touched nor laid hands on a 'FROM SOFTWARE' games.

​It'll be interesting to see, how I'll fair with Bloodborne this time around.  :D 

.....and then...HOPEFULLY I'll reached those 'Tears....that taste so sweet'  B)  :D  well---HOPE-FULL-Y

Cheers!

-Razgriz 

• Like 1

There is also another way to get any lost Blood Echoes back, if you are on your way to where you last died & see an enemy with glowing blue eyes, kill them you'll get your Blood Echoes back from that enemy, it's almost always the enemy that killed you previously though. You might want to take an alternate route to a different boss if Father Gascoigne is giving you too much trouble. If you've found a bridge, head all the way down it until Cleric Beast appears, that was the first boss I encountered.

Honestly, you just need to leg it bro. Once you know the path that takes you to the boss, run past all the enemies (assuming you leveled up a bunch and have Blood Vials/Bullets) and kill him. Unlock shortcuts that are nearby along the way and there you have it. Just rinse and repeat if you die at the boss. Don't be afraid to Google some walkthroughs if you're stumped on what to do next.

If you died at the boss it's alright, we all do... many times. We die to minor enemies too, and falling and thousand other ways. 

My advice, don't rush in the game, explore everything, get an understanding of where you are and how things connect. 

Read the notes of the other players, they may guide your way and make your life easier more than once.

And that's all, enjoy the game cause there is no playthrough like your first playthrough ;)

• Like 1

Just a little piece of advice, which I don't think has been mentioned so far: if you see a lantern sticking up from the ground, use it. They're basically respawn points and you'll return to the last one you used everytime you die. I've only beaten the Cleric Beast so far (and have no idea where Father Gascoigne is) but there's only one lantern until you defeat it, which is in the upper alleys, before you get onto the main street.

Just try to be patient with the game and with yourself; the games are notoriously difficult and most things are learnt through doing rather than taught by the game itself. You'll get the hang of it eventually, like everyone did when they first tried a "Souls" game ;)

• Like 1

No, the game won't make you trudge all the way to a boss like that throughout the game. There will be some long stretches without checkpoints but like others said, just keep exploring and uncovering (shortcuts), and eventually you have checkpoints fairly close to bosses.