DoS ending service on June 30 2015

NekoSlash

Giving away my R and SR spirits while supplies last to anyone interested in finishing this game. Dunno what I have exactly but I've got over 600K summoning stones still so my stock is subject to change. Anyone interested feel free to add me in the game and shoot me a msg and we can go from there.

greenzsaber im around 90 area cleared, i add u for help, thx so much mate

I enjoy playing this game. I really liked the raid bosses (especially reincarnation), and building my ideal team, but I've lost any drive to continue playing seeing as how it will all go to nothing in a few months. Luckily I got the last trophy a few days before the announcement, so I can put this game down in peace.

• Like 1

I'm still far behind with my cleared areas x.x.. can anyone offer some potential tips? Thanks...

All that i can suggest you is that you must use other people spirits... a lot. Most of time they are high level and they can help you a lot with bosses/hard enemies. 

All that i can suggest you is that you must use other people spirits... a lot. Most of time they are high level and they can help you a lot with bosses/hard enemies. 

Thanks for your reply! Yea, seems that way... been reading through a few posts... and all have been suggesting using specific spirits... which obviously I don't own... not sure how I will be able to beat the hard continents x.X;...

Shouldn't have stopped playing this game... xD bah....

Thanks for your reply! Yea, seems that way... been reading through a few posts... and all have been suggesting using specific spirits... which obviously I don't own... not sure how I will be able to beat the hard continents x.X;...

Shouldn't have stopped playing this game... xD bah....

Np, i'm trying to free all areas too and other people's spirits are helping me a lot. Try to send friends invite they are not connected to psn so you can add them with no problems this will grant you more spirits.

Does this have anything to do with SOE selling out to Daybreak?

There seems to be a change in Sonys strategy, slimming the efforts. Getting rid of Youtube and Google maps app and refers those services to the web browser. Overall more or less ditching the Vita in favor of the PS4, but still doesn't offer all the features that was promised for it.

• 1 month later...

Just saw that destiny orbs cannot be purchased! They are gone from the store! Shit!

It's the same in game, the buttons are still there, but when you are redirected to the integrated PS Store in DoS, it says there are no objects.

I planned to use them to ease the burden and speed up the progress, change the element of day sometimes to fit the raid bosses to get them blasted joker. But now I'm stuck with what I have!

Anyone else seeing this? Is this just temporary? Just for EU? Considering they changed the campaign schedule for EU only, announcing it the same day it went to effect... http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/information/info_20150415.html

Edit: shitshitshit here http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/events/appreciation%20.html it says:

"*Destiny Orbs sold on PlayStation®Store will end on the above date."

The nerd rage within is immense.

Edited by Guenter_G

Edit: shitshitshit here http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/events/appreciation%20.html it says:

"*Destiny Orbs sold on PlayStation®Store will end on the above date."

The nerd rage within is immense.

Damn! Luckily I've got access if I end up *needing* them, but I've got solid spirits now. Each element has a maxed SR and at least three maxed R's. I can clear a solid three areas every 3-4 hours. Now I just need to find the time to get it done. I'm at about 390 cleared and around 45-ish days left. Some trading should help with bonuses and get me over the finish line before I need to scramble.

Hope you get some solid trades to make the rest of the journey a little quicker. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Gutted this is ending, only just found out so it looks like I won't be getting the 100%. Tried so many times to get the 30 days trophy, and always failed around the 25th day due to server maintenance...

Think games like this should release the server side components and allow the community to host it if there going to shut it off.  

Gutted this is ending, only just found out so it looks like I won't be getting the 100%. Tried so many times to get the 30 days trophy, and always failed around the 25th day due to server maintenance...

Think games like this should release the server side components and allow the community to host it if there going to shut it off.

I've thought long and hard about whether this was feasible for this game in particular. I don't think it is.

Firstly, it's a Vita game, it's not like you can just host the thing on a PC server. If that were the case, hacking would be priority #1 for a bunch of people.

Secondly, maybe remove the "online" components? Like no more Events, possibly? Would make the game slightly less exciting, but tolerable. No more trading? You'd have to grind 100-fold to get pure merged SR spirits. Forget it. The game would be terrible and intolerable at that point. No more renting spirits? Hell no. I'd be willing to bet some battles would become downright impossible.

This game is based around the online components and they couldn't just be handed over to the community.

I really wish they had just left it BETA if there wasn't any intention to keep it going for more than 15 months.

If this game shows up in a slightly different format on smartphones, I'm gonna be rather upset.

Well, I'm at 478 areas cleared and 17 days to finish. I might need to take the rest of the month off work and/or buy a thousand or so orbs since I'm in the US and it's still an option for me. It would haunt me for years to have put in 300 hours and not get the last gold trophy for 100% when I'm this close.

Edit: Update 485 areas cleared and 14 days to finish. Spent orbs to revive in fights cause I'm not patient enough any more... I feel like this game has defeated me now that I've used orbs to revive.

Edited by DaivRules

• 2 weeks later...

One week to go and Im done, got worried when I found out I had to clear the 3 additional continents but got them done today.

Ill miss this game, especially the artwork of all those cute Japanese spirits. Yuki-onna, Izanami, Kuko, Tsukuyomi, her bunny-eared counterpart Miyokutsu and more..

Shoutout to the beast that is Lady of the Depths, couldn't of done it without her.

• Like 1

Shame... i got 456 (all 459 according to the badges) areas and still some random glitch doesn't allow me to get the trophy...

I doubt i will be able to beat even all the extra areas so, well, my job is done here.

Sorry to hear that.

It was known since they started to unlock the new continents that those were now also required to get the trophy, so it isn't a glitch.

Sorry to hear that.

It was known since they started to unlock the new continents that those were now also required to get the trophy, so it isn't a glitch.

Yeah but should have been only for the original areas like the badge says.

Hey, guys! Just wondering how everybody's doing with a week left until the servers shut down.

I am done! At last! I am free! FREE! Praise the gods, spirits and whatnot! Holy smokes!

... or at least that's what I thought I would feel. Right now I feel mostly empty actually. It's a bit sad that I will never see this thing again. It would eventually happen anyway of course, but when it is forced like this, it feels a bit like breaking up with someone. I have spent so much time on this. I have played this every day the past 4 months. The counter shows around 550 hours.

After the last day of the Maidens of war event I couldn't bring myself to play it properly. I got the last White buffalo maiden SR in the 11th hour. Felt very proud of that. And exhausted. Did like 3-6 battles per day after that. Was so sick of it. And last week I barely did anything at all. I just started the game and did nothing.

But this week I pulled myself together and ramped up the pace.

...and now it is all over... never again. Never again...

Feels ambivalent. Relief. Grief.

I would like to come back a few times just to say hello and see how things are. Smack a few spirits, participate in an event if there is one going on and maybe trade. And say goodbye... in my own pace.

-_-

I want to thank everyone here on PSNP who has been part of this journey, especially those who I have traded with me, everyone in my DoS friend list ("who?")...

And a very very special thanks goes to Han_the_dragon for being my mentor and support through this, and for dumping tons of awesome spirits to me. Without you I couldn't have done this.

• Like 3

Any speculation on how it will end? Think they programmed a special scene? Or when it would normally say "Your Destiny has Changed" it will say "Cannot connect to server..."

Yeah but should have been only for the original areas like the badge says.

That's debatable. Trophy description = "All areas have been freed." The emblems in-game were like in-game challenges and/or counters. I WISH it didn't include the new areas, but I can see why they made it a moving target. If the trophy description said "All Old Continents have been freed", I'd agree with you. I don't like moving goals for trophies and had to work really hard to clear this one in time.

I held off on this game originally because so many people were saying the maintenance issues made it impossible to get the 30 Days In A Row trophy. I didn't want an 100% impossible trophy list so I held off. Finally jumped in when someone said it had been stable and not even two months in, the developers announce the game closing! Catch 22!

I'm glad I played. I'm really glad I dedicated myself and finished and I'm super-appreciative of all the people who helped me by trading with me and giving me tips. Especially Persona1379 for giving me quite a few spirits he finished.

I'll miss it. Life has seemed kinda empty for the last couple days, but I feel good I stuck it out and finished.  

• Like 1

Okay, for information, we're officially the 30th ingame (I'm UTC+2) and the game is still active the at the time I'm posting this. I have no idea when they'll pull the plug, but it seem latecomers have still a little time to finish their jobs =p

Edited by NekoSlash