Should I get this?

Hey guys, I was planning on getting the game soon for my ps4. I played a little of it on my brothers ps3 and really liked it, but I'm not that into MMO's but I love RPG's. So can of those of you who are playing can you tell me what the community is like, is  the story good compared to other FF games and other MMO's. And is the monthly fee worth it.

And take note that what little I played of this on my brothers ps3 was the most fun I have ever had with an MMO.

Thank you in advance. :D

EDIT: I am also a huge FF fan, played all of them with Crisis core, FFIV and  FFXII being my favorites.

Edited by Johnathan994

I played this on PS3 since beta but I quit April last year.

It's one of the best MMOS I've ever played in terms of gameplay, difficulty, updates and GM support.

The transition from PS3 to PS4 is AMAZING the graphics are crisp, lag and latency is minimise significantly.

In terms of community....as with all community based games there's your pros and cons you get your cool people and dicks. But generally speaking NA servers are pretty poor with their attitudes. EU servers are generally nice but slower on content completing. Then JP servers are a mixture of both but additionally, has the language barrier however there are English speaking FCs.

For most of the content you'll need a raid party consisting of 8 people, having a static group of people is better but getting a good static group can be challenging. You PUG (pick up group) though which can be annoying because you'll get hopeless people lol. Importantly these raid groups will want or require voice Comms and being on ps4 we don't get that through the game so you'll need to download a teamspeak, ventrilo or mumble app on your iOS or android.

If you don't like MMOs I wouldn't suggest this. It's quite grinding and relies a lot on people, even though it's filled with FF lore which is always nice.

Lastly if you want to get the platinum it'll take about 6 months solely because of 1 trophy: An adventurer's life I think where you need to complete 1000 levequests.

Hope this helps feel free to ask me any questions :)

Edited by Exponention

Wow that was a much better answer than I was hoping for thank you.
I live in EU and I don't mind if things get slow from time to time if the world is engaging, not to mention that the FF lore thing is AWESOME, I love that.

Do you still play or did you quit for good? And lastly i have that keyboard thing for my controller so i can type really quickly.

Yeah I saw the trophy list, I liked it. It makes you play a lot even for the bronze ones.

Finally, grinding is not a problem, it's not the reason I dislike MMO's. Mostly it's because  the stories aren't good, apart from TOR, and the most of the communities have been outright dicks.

No problem, just bare in mind this is just my opinion and what I've experienced.

I've quit for good but I'm re downloading it to finish off the platinum lol...only missing 3 trophies including the levequests one.

The story is pretty good it's just a shame there isn't voice acting in a lot of it. So you'll have to read which I hate and personally I don't retain information if I read lol.

And yes having a keyboard is a godsend!!!

EU servers are known to be quite nice lol but again you still get your elitist dicks :)

If you intend to play for the long haul you'll need voice apps on your phone to raid.

Oh another note, it's been almost a year since I've quit so there's a lot I dunno like how they address lower content completion for new comers because obviously you don't do lower content if you don't need to.

Edited by Exponention