Who you gonna call? 4 player split screen

I was a little nervous to try it, but this achievement can be earned in 4 player split screen.

All of the trophies can be earned offline as apposed to the PS3 version.

Not everybody has 4 controllers however, so most people will probably still look to achieve this online.

I just thought I would pass this along.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I tested last night and you can actually get "Who You Gonna Call?" in 4P split screen on PS4 with only 1 controller - just use Switch User on the pad.

You'll need 4 separate accounts on the PS4 and all of them will earn the trophy. [Screenshot]

Thank you for this tip. Worked perfectly.

• 1 month later...

@DennisBosater

I can confirm Xenikun's method as well as I just did it today so I'll try and break it down for you as best I can. Also massive thanks on figuring this out Xenikun! :)

Step 1.) I had my main account running at the BL:TPS default character screen then I hit the 'PS' button to go to the home screen.

Step 2.) From PS4 home go to the 'power' icon and then go to switch user, then create three new accounts - skip all the PSN stuff.

Step 3.) Use one of those accounts and log into it, and click "The Handsome Collection" which should be already running on the already logged in main account.

Step 4.) Repeat that step with all the new accounts clicking 'X' to put them into the party.

Step 5.) Go back to your main account and solo the entire thing while the 'Athena's idle there.

The enemies in this quest were Lv26ish when I did it on normal mode with my Lv35 Nisha - I'm not sure if its a scaled mission or not. Here is a my screenshot of getting the trophy. (Edited out my name for obvious reasons) Hope this helps. :) http://i.imgur.com/d8hGLNQ.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/11/2015 at 1:29 PM, Evangelionheart said:

@DennisBosater

I can confirm Xenikun's method as well as I just did it today so I'll try and break it down for you as best I can. Also massive thanks on figuring this out Xenikun! :)

Step 1.) I had my main account running at the BL:TPS default character screen then I hit the 'PS' button to go to the home screen.

Step 2.) From PS4 home go to the 'power' icon and then go to switch user, then create three new accounts - skip all the PSN stuff.

Step 3.) Use one of those accounts and log into it, and click "The Handsome Collection" which should be already running on the already logged in main account.

Step 4.) Repeat that step with all the new accounts clicking 'X' to put them into the party.

Step 5.) Go back to your main account and solo the entire thing while the 'Athena's idle there.

The enemies in this quest were Lv26ish when I did it on normal mode with my Lv35 Nisha - I'm not sure if its a scaled mission or not. Here is a my screenshot of getting the trophy. (Edited out my name for obvious reasons) Hope this helps. :) http://i.imgur.com/d8hGLNQ.jpg

Holy $#!+ it works! Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just did this method and can confirm it works flawlessly offline and with 1 controller.

@BlindMango Would you be able to remove the misleading tags on the trophy guide for Who You Gonna Call? Only the missable tag should remain. I see a lot of people struggling to set up boosting sessions for this on the PS4 version when it can be done so much faster and easier solo. Would you be able to add this info in the guide so anyone using it for the PS4 version is aware of the easy method?

Edited by Zolkovo

32 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

I just did this method and can confirm it works flawlessly offline and with 1 controller.

@BlindMango Would you be able to remove the misleading tags on the trophy guide for Who You Gonna Call? Only the missable tag should remain. I see a lot of people struggling to set up boosting sessions for this when it can be done so much faster and easier solo and my guess is because of the misleading info on here.

The guide you linked is written originally for the PS3 version of the game, where the most controllers you're allowed to use offline is two, so you are forced into doing that trophy online and with 2 controllers on that version, whereas the PS4 version gives you the option to do it offline with 1 controller with a trick. 

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The guide you linked is written originally for the PS3 version of the game, where the most controllers you're allowed to use offline is two, so you are forced into doing that trophy online and with 2 controllers on that version, whereas the PS4 version gives you the option to do it offline with 1 controller with a trick. 

Do you mean to say on the PS3 you you can only have 2 player local split-screen as opposed to 4?

Either way if it's not possible to do this trick on the PS3, maybe a note instead for PS4 users under the trophy?

Edited by Zolkovo

Just now, Zolkovo said:

Do you mean to say on the PS3 you you can only have 2 player local split-screen as opposed to 4?

Either way if it's not possible to do this trick on the PS3, maybe a note instead for PS4 users under the trophy?

Yeah, on PS3 it only supports 2 player local co-op whereas the PS4 version supports 4 controllers. I recommend you message @NCSFan001 about that if he's not completely abandoned the guide by now. 

• 3 months later...