Patch downloading slow....

spyro_rachet

Hi,

I got borderlands today and i needed to download a patch to play online. the patch is 8GB.

After starting the download I saw that it is going really slow.

The speed was around 200Kb/s and it has been on this speed for the last hour.
my internet speed is great, that is not the problem. (120mb/s down, 13mb/s up*)

Is anyone else having this problem? or know how to fix this?

I already tried restarting ps4 and restarting router, but it is still slow.

*on PC, PS4 is 70mb/s download and 9mb/s upload. 

Edited by spyro_rachet

It didn't work. it was even slower. with ethernet download speed was 70mb/s, patch downloading was around 200kb/s and with WiFi 22mb/s, patch downloading much slower than before.

I just thought of this, but is it possible that you have an data cap from your ISP? How is your connection on other devices connected through the same router?

nope, it is only on my ps4. even on my mobile it is 120mb/s download speed

Have you updated to the latest PS4 firmware yet? Are you downloading anything else on the PS4? I'm just trying to get as much information as possible.

yes I updated ps4, and no I am not downloading anything else.

in the past I didn't have this problem before, I even had bigger patches that went way faster than this (AC Unity as example)

I have same problem at the moment with Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. It also has 8gb update and it takes forever to download it. I've got the new patch for PS4, before that I never had any problems to download stuff with high speed.

Well, good thing I have time and other games to play.

I have same problem at the moment with Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. It also has 8gb update and it takes forever to download it. I've got the new patch for PS4, before that I never had any problems to download stuff with high speed.

Well, good thing I have time and other games to play.

yeah I am guessing PSN servers are overloaded because everyone is downloading new software update.

hopefully it gets better soon.

yes I updated ps4, and no I am not downloading anything else.

in the past I didn't have this problem before, I even had bigger patches that went way faster than this (AC Unity as example)

With all that info, all I can say is wait a few hours and the speed might change. I usually have problems with speed during from around 5-8pm. My speeds are less than half of what they usually are and when most people log off to go to bed or something it speeds back up. I know you said that you haven't had this problem before, so it could also be possible that the newest firmware is causing this problem for you. If others report a similar problem, then this is probably what is happening. And then the least likely thing that I can guess is that the ISP could be throttling connection to PSN. This is unfortunately becoming more and more commonplace in the world as politicians aren't very fond of net neutrality.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I got borderlands today and i needed to download a patch to play online. the patch is 8GB.

After starting the download I saw that it is going really slow.

The speed was around 200Kb/s and it has been on this speed for the last hour.

my internet speed is great, that is not the problem. (120mb/s down, 13mb/s up*)

Is anyone else having this problem? or know how to fix this?

I already tried restarting ps4 and restarting router, but it is still slow.

*on PC, PS4 is 70mb/s download and 9mb/s upload. 

I didn't read all comments but unless someone has suggested this, try switching to googles DNS server. Helps a lot, i myself has a high speed internet and i get like +10mb/s up&down.

Otherwise than that, try restarting download or console, seems to work sometime. And Sony's servers are not the best, a bit overloaded :P

DNS Settings:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Edited by anton1453