I don't think Sony thought this delete trophies thing through

Superbuu3

Maybe this is what they meant when they said that you can only delete PS4 games in the announcement. Sure you can delete PS3 and PS Vita games, but unless you reformat your PS3/Vita it will remain on your systems' lists.

Yeah, I think thats the issue.  I was viewing the list online though and it still showed up in online mode, which I thought would be synced across all platforms.  Maybe it will disappear later I'm not sure.  Its not on my PSN profile here though I noticed, although weirdly some PS4 games are still there like Apotheon and I haven't played that after I deleted it.

At this point, my question is that, after you deleted a 0% trophy list, could you reinstall the game and still earn trophies on it at a later date? Like, if I deleted a 0% game now because I don't own it, but in the future I end up buying it, could I start earning trophies on it?

At this point, my question is that, after you deleted a 0% trophy list, could you reinstall the game and still earn trophies on it at a later date? Like, if I deleted a 0% game now because I don't own it, but in the future I end up buying it, could I start earning trophies on it?

I'd imagine so. The deleting is probably no different than uninstalling the data for the game.

Yes you can how this works is that the games aren't added back on until you earn a trophy on them.  The guy said this on the blog as someone was worried there was a kind of flag to not count that game.

Its not on my PSN profile here though I noticed, although weirdly some PS4 games are still there like Apotheon and I haven't played that after I deleted it.

Have you earned a trophy in any game since you deleted Apotheon. The site won't remove games until a new trophy has been earned.

Are you sure you saw it in online mode?

Sometimes when I try to sync on PS3 I get an error and says it will switch to offline mode. I deleted DCUO and GH:SH (both PS3). They don't show up anymore, only when I'm viewing my trophies in offline mode. And I've synced twice since the delete.

Deleting 0%-games is craparonie anyway.

First: When you are trying a game, you will probably get a trophy before you can say you dont like the game.

Second: There are lots of games giving you a trophy when you start your first playthrough.

=> useless feature.

Why not simply hide 0%-games? Can you see my 0% Hannah Montana? No? great.

I agree, but maybe they just felt bad about The Playroom and Welcome Park's stupid mandatory trophy lists and finally understood how stupid they are. 

Honestly, they should up the cap to 10% at least, there are plenty of players, myself included that have 1% or 5% on certain trophy lists and simply don't want to play that game any further. Having 0% is actually less common than having 1% or 2%.

• Like 2

Yes you can how this works is that the games aren't added back on until you earn a trophy on them.

I deleted BF4 trophy list, played it without earning trophies and it reappeared, so I don't think it's just when you earn a trophy.

Edited by InfernoJinXx

I really don't care about having 0% progress for some of my games that I've started and hadn't played much (Kingdom Hearts & Tales of Xilia, put over an hour into both but never got trophies), and having them sit there will eventually motivate me to play them. I just want to delete old trophies that my old housemate added when he was renting games and playing them on my account cause he never bothered to make his own account. I bought my first PS3 second hand and there was a handful of trophies on the user 1 account that were never attached to a profile so when I made them, I got them. I don't care about not having progress in games I've bought myself, I just want to get rid of the games that I never personally played and don't have any interest in ever playing. I know I can hide them, but it's not quite the same IMO.

• Like 2

Deleting 0%-games is craparonie anyway.

First: When you are trying a game, you will probably get a trophy before you can say you dont like the game.

Second: There are lots of games giving you a trophy when you start your first playthrough.

=> useless feature.

Why not simply hide 0%-games? Can you see my 0% Hannah Montana? No? great.

And there are a lot of games that you may dislike before getting a trophy and so you may have some or a lot of 0%'s on your profile.

=> Useful feature

And now you have that "H" mark on your profile. Some of us don't want that :)

• Like 3

The H-mark is, because I hided Jak2. So it is obviously not a 0% game.

When Im unhiding it, the H-mark is gone, even with my hided 0% Hannah Montana.

Well I did not know that :D But the option to hide trophies was never on the PS4, or did I miss something?

Maybe this is what they meant when they said that you can only delete PS4 games in the announcement. Sure you can delete PS3 and PS Vita games, but unless you reformat your PS3/Vita it will remain on your systems' lists.

Yeah I had the oddest thing here is I haven't played it for like 2-3 weeks and a bunch of games I've deleted have still disappeared. I'll try deleting it again later.

Honestly, they should up the cap to 10% at least, there are plenty of players, myself included that have 1% or 5% on certain trophy lists and simply don't want to play that game any further. Having 0% is actually less common than having 1% or 2%.

i agree with this. you look through my list i have a lot of lower percentage ones that i just refuse to play anymore cause either i dont have the game or the game is crap imo. love to see the percentage bumped to at least 10

• Like 1