I don't think Sony thought this delete trophies thing through

Superbuu3

i agree with this. you look through my list i have a lot of lower percentage ones that i just refuse to play anymore cause either i dont have the game or the game is crap imo. love to see the percentage bumped to at least 10

I disagree with this sentiment. Any number other than 0% is arbitrary. Why not make it 50%? Or 75%? Why not let me delete every list I want and really bump up my % artificially?

• Like 3

Honestly, they should up the cap to 10% at least, there are plenty of players, myself included that have 1% or 5% on certain trophy lists and simply don't want to play that game any further. Having 0% is actually less common than having 1% or 2%.

They could do that. But I'd guess people would come forward and want it increased to 20%. Then 40%. Then 75%. There will be people that want to remove, and even add, any trophies at will. Of course, that's just silly and even defeats the purpose of trophies. Everyone already has control over their lists anyway. You can research any game, and as long as you know your own preferences, you should have a good enough idea as to whether or not it will be "worthy" of your list.

• Like 2

Can you see my 0% Hannah Montana? No? great.

We now do :awesome:

And now you have that "H" mark on your profile. Some of us don't want that  :)

H is for hiding actual trophies. You can hide arbitrary number of 0%s. I have 10 or so 0%s hidden and as you can see, only the yellow P is on my profile.

0% games actually affect nearly nothing on this page.

The only 2 stats they affect are played games (and the percentage in Statistics tab, I would presume) and the number of F ranks.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 2 weeks later...

And there are a lot of games that you may dislike before getting a trophy and so you may have some or a lot of 0%'s on your profile.

=> Useful feature

And now you have that "H" mark on your profile. Some of us don't want that :)

Yes, but there are some games that give you trophies for navigate the menu or just create a character, how are you suppose to have an opinion about the game when you actually haven't played it yet?

I could delete many games that support your thesis but there are still many games which gives you trophies basically for playing nothing.

Yes, but there are some games that give you trophies for navigate the menu or just create a character, how are you suppose to have an opinion about the game when you actually haven't played it yet?

I could delete many games that support your thesis but there are still many games which gives you trophies basically for playing nothing.

I know and I said it a couple of times that they should set the limit to 10%, but 0% is okay at the moment as well. At least it's something :P

I hope Sony either make the effects cross platform, or put the feature on every platform. Whats the point in deleting a trophy pack when it just comes back. Stuff like this should not be platform specific as its part of the network, just like if they add the ability to change our PSN names I wouldn't bet against Sony only putting it on PS4. 

I hope Sony either make the effects cross platform, or put the feature on every platform. Whats the point in deleting a trophy pack when it just comes back. Stuff like this should not be platform specific as its part of the network, just like if they add the ability to change our PSN names I wouldn't bet against Sony only putting it on PS4. 

From my experience. If you delete it it doesn't com back unless you put the game back into the console, although they said it wouldn't happen until you get a trophy on said game.  Its pretty annoying.  Although that said possibly on PS3 and PS vita it might work like they sai dI know for PS4 it definitely doesn't.

The H-mark is, because I hided Jak2. So it is obviously not a 0% game.

When Im unhiding it, the H-mark is gone, even with my hided 0% Hannah Montana.

Why are you hiding Jak II, lol? You get 96% of the trophies from just beating the game, so why un-hide a game you'll have about 88% in? It's a different (probably your) story if you can't beat the game however. 

Side note: Jak 3 is a easier game and quicker to beat game than Jak II, so just in case, I wouldn't avoid playing Jak 3 because of Jak II. In-fact, Jak 3 pretty much tweaked/fixed all the problems Jak II had (checkpoints, handling-control and quicker responsive breaks, and probably one more thing, on zoomers, repetitive and copy/pasted music segments in other tracks-- no repetitiveness or copy track segments whatsoever, traffic, both NPC and vehicle wise, Jak is very slightly more smoother to play as, the open-world size in Haven City was reduced, making traveling not take as long as it use to, better camera, although the situation with South Spargus- hilly area is questionable, and more). Im just saying this, because I get upset when people let Jak II be there deciding factor on not getting any of the future games, since Jak 3 drastically improved upon what Jak II faulted at (and then Jak X even also improved upon the difficult handling that half, 4/8, of the dune buggies in Jak 3 had).

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

Why are you hiding Jak II, lol? You get 96% of the trophies from just beating the game, so why un-hide a game you'll have about 88% in? It's a different (probably your) story if you can't beat the game however. 

Wasnt prepared for the change in genre.

... Dont like it. =/

From my experience. If you delete it it doesn't com back unless you put the game back into the console, although they said it wouldn't happen until you get a trophy on said game.  Its pretty annoying.  Although that said possibly on PS3 and PS vita it might work like they sai dI know for PS4 it definitely doesn't.

Yeah I tried to delete a PS3 game from the list, but it comes back when I sync on PS3. PS4 games work fine though. 

Yeah I tried to delete a PS3 game from the list, but it comes back when I sync on PS3. PS4 games work fine though. 

Try syncing your profile on the site and see if its delisted that seemed to be the case for me, you can't ever delete them locally on your ps3 unfortunately.

They could do that. But I'd guess people would come forward and want it increased to 20%. Then 40%. Then 75%. There will be people that want to remove, and even add, any trophies at will. Of course, that's just silly and even defeats the purpose of trophies. Everyone already has control over their lists anyway. You can research any game, and as long as you know your own preferences, you should have a good enough idea as to whether or not it will be "worthy" of your list.

I don't understand why this logic and argument is even being used here (more than once). So because there will be demand for further values, that means increasing the value to 5-10% shouldn't happen (JUST BECAUSE OF THAT)? Like, wtf? Going by this argued with logic, the 0% shouldn't have been implemented, since "fans would demand higher value deletion of percentages" (and other things shouldn't ever form in life, since people will always ask for more).

While this is my opinion, I will also claim that a cap of 5% would not be bad at all and is completed fine and rational (10% honestly does seem like a bit too much, and this is coming from a person with 6-8%s in their profile............ unless you want to consider games that award you with a trophy after completing each chapter.. but most of those are bronze and it shouldn't take you halfway through the game to realize if you want to continue playing it or not). Why is this? Because of the existence of how some incredibly easy trophies are to obtain in (the beginning of) games. Instead of linking the link of my example in a line, I felt it's more necessary to separate my example and have it out where it's fully visible, so my point is more prominent- (so for example) 

(Game) Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

(Trophy) It's HAZARD TIME! 

(Trophy's description) Start your first game.

(Trophy's description further) "Thanks for buying my game. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. --Sincerely, Matt Hazard"

This game specifically is not even great or worth recommending, so with that noted and how easy it is to obtain a trophy in this game, this is one of he reasons why 0% is unfair, not justified, inadequate, irrational, etc.

Wasnt prepared for the change in genre.

... Dont like it. =/

Only part of it's genre changed. At it's core it's still (prominently) a platformer. IMO Adventure < Openworld, even though Open world isn't actually it's own genre. Honestly, the game-play is still mostly like the 1st game. Riding in zoomers became a main ways of transportation in the 2nd game, and eco is the other main half of fighting-gameplay (other half is melee). Really, the Yellow Gun works pretty much exactly the eco fireballs in Jak TPL and Red Gun Works nearly like the Red Eco does in TPL. It's really not as different as people claim it to be, but I can always understand the hard(er) difficultly in Jak II.

• Like 1

I’d love to delete some trophies below 30% from few games I don’t play much and unobtainable platinum trophy, like Resistance 2 because of the server shutdown. I bought a few Call of Duty games for my friend to play online with me but eventually I realized it doesn’t interest me enough to plat it. I’ve should know better because I shouldn’t put it on my list. it was my fault. I wonder if we are able to delete any percentage of trophy, will we lose some trophies, for example, say, like you delete 5% then you lose a few trophies. Or another thing, if to delete 5% trophy, one day you decide to re-install, will you still see 5%? I'm just wondering.

Only part of it's genre changed. At it's core it's still (prominently) a platformer. IMO Adventure < Openworld, even though Open world isn't actually it's own genre. Honestly, the game-play is still mostly like the 1st game. Riding in zoomers became a main ways of transportation in the 2nd game, and eco is the other main half of fighting-gameplay (other half is melee). Really, the Yellow Gun works pretty much exactly the eco fireballs in Jak TPL and Red Gun Works nearly like the Red Eco does in TPL. It's really not as different as people claim it to be, but I can always understand the hard(er) difficultly in Jak II.

Dunno, but the game is so depressing...  everywhere the soldiers talking their stuff and... yeah, dunno... its a nazi-concentrationcamp-setting, right?

I don't understand why this logic and argument is even being used here (more than once). So because there will be demand for further values, that means increasing the value to 5-10% shouldn't happen (JUST BECAUSE OF THAT)? Like, wtf? Going by this argued with logic, the 0% shouldn't have been implemented, since "fans would demand higher value deletion of percentages" (and other things shouldn't ever form in life, since people will always ask for more).

While this is my opinion, I will also claim that a cap of 5% would not be bad at all and is completed fine and rational (10% honestly does seem like a bit too much, and this is coming from a person with 6-8%s in their profile............ unless you want to consider games that award you with a trophy after completing each chapter.. but most of those are bronze and it shouldn't take you halfway through the game to realize if you want to continue playing it or not). Why is this? Because of the existence of how some incredibly easy trophies are to obtain in (the beginning of) games. Instead of linking the link of my example in a line, I felt it's more necessary to separate my example and have it out where it's fully visible, so my point is more prominent- (so for example) 

(Trophy's description further) "Thanks for buying my game. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. --Sincerely, Matt Hazard"

This game specifically is not even great or worth recommending, so with that noted and how easy it is to obtain a trophy in this game, this is one of he reasons why 0% is unfair, not justified, inadequate, irrational, etc.

I do agree with you and think that there's no reason they shouldn't increase the %, but the fact is some people are stupid and likely will accidentally delete trophies they want, now the problem with that is some games say games take a good few hours just to unlock 1 bronze.  Now if someone accidentally deleted that, they would be screwed out of the platinum unless they restarted their save.

So simply put Sony would ave to put work into to get teh feature and likely will have people bitch at them anyway because of their own stupidity.  Yeah, hardly satisfying but i can clearly see why they couldn't be jacked to do it.

Dunno, but the game is so depressing...  everywhere the soldiers talking their stuff and... yeah, dunno... its a nazi-concentrationcamp-setting, right?

The game is just dark(er). That comparison though lol. It's definitely not that. I strongly encourage you give it another (fair) try. Hard to say this with Jak II of them all because of it's difficultly (which is solely because of the checkpoint system), but it's still definitely a worthy game of beating and experiencing, especially to move on to Jak 3, it's successor :l

I do agree with you and think that there's no reason they shouldn't increase the %, but the fact is some people are stupid and likely will accidentally delete trophies they want, now the problem with that is some games say games take a good few hours just to unlock 1 bronze.  Now if someone accidentally deleted that, they would be screwed out of the platinum unless they restarted their save.

So simply put Sony would ave to put work into to get teh feature and likely will have people bitch at them anyway because of their own stupidity.  Yeah, hardly satisfying but i can clearly see why they couldn't be jacked to do it.

Well, that's simply just a con/downside to an implementation of something. Everything that forms in life has a negative side effect, so that's a not to serious general complaint, especially this one since a person would have to not be paying attention to what they doing (or be stupid) to make this specific mistake. Fortunately, this side effect isn't (actually) drastic enough to avoid or not consider implementing the increased percentage cap. Unlike, Obama hypothetically enforcing something like cursing in public will now get you arrested (for a safer and more civil society, or something..), the con here is nowhere near as drastic as the con (you bought up) compared to people accidentally deleting trophy data. And just so it's clear, there's partial (indirect most likely) compensation for people who make this mistake. The lower the cap percentage, the lower the maximum amount of trophies they can gain... & delete and the more time they put into a game (less time/save time). Because the more trophies you get, the higher your percentage goes up, which requires time. The lower the percentage cap, the highest amount of small amount of time you put into a game. (Can't seem to explain that part the way I want to... no I think I explained it fine actually.) In other words, 5% is incredibly, fairly reasonable and sufficient. 

Anything higher, will be unfair IMO. (I truly don't understand how people can be against 5% and lower. It literally makes perfect sense. 0% is logically not reasonable and my example above greatly proves this.)

But when you think about it,

that's why you need to beat the game and kill der Kor-rer.

Try syncing your profile on the site and see if its delisted that seemed to be the case for me, you can't ever delete them locally on your ps3 unfortunately.

You can delete them locally if you reformat the hard drive/vita memcard. I just wouldn't recommend it since hiding does the same thing and you don't have to make any backups or redownload anything.

Edited by theguytom

Really? How is that, it works fine with me, I deleted PS3 games that had 0% and when I sync it on my PS3 they don't come back. Maybe it has something to do with save files? You probably have some save files of those games on your PS3.

• Like 1

For me, I could care less if I have a ton of 1-10% I use my trophy list to show what kind of gamer I am. E and D ranking: I attempted it and hated it. C ranking: I moderately enjoyed it but something better can along. B ranking: I beat the game and enjoyed it but will never play again. A ranking: I beat it and loved it, and will attempt an S rank. F ranks show you just didnt even try. I do not like to see F rankings/0% even now that I currently don't play for trophies.

Edited by Killah184
  • Like 1

That was simply to illustrate that the demand won't be satisfied with a particular number. And any percentage you mention is as arbitrary as the next. In Disgaea 3, you can easily complete the story without earning a single trophy. In Disgaea 4, you earn a trophy after the opening animation, and you gain trophies for reaching certain parts of the story. Anyone could argue that it would be "unfair" someone that has gone so far as to complete the story in Disgaea 3 has the ability to remove the game from their list, yet someone that has played a few chapters in Disgaea 4 cannot. The world may continue on even if you're allowed to remove games with up to 99%, but ultimately you choose to start playing each game, knowing that it will be added to your list, and you don't actually lose anything by having a particular game on your list regardless of how "bad" the game may be.