I don't think Sony thought this delete trophies thing through

Superbuu3

You can delete them locally if you reformat the hard drive/vita memcard. I just wouldn't recommend it since hiding does the same thing and you don't have to make any backups or redownload anything.

Late, but couldn't help but notice this. If 0% trophy lists sync back to your profile from the PS3 that you don't want, all you do is back-up your saves and delete the user (then obviously delete the 0% trophy list from the PS4 again). But make sure you have at least one other user on the PS3 so that you don't have to re-download anything (apart from avatars)

With Vita, unfortunately reformat is the only option

But yeah, I deleted my user a couple of times on the PS3 to get rid of a few 0% trophy lists 

Edited by Aela

I actually like this for a different reason.  I have a lot of games on the PS3 that I bought, loaded, and then didn't get around to playing.  I typically load all games when I get them because I like using the trophy advisor to see plat rarities and things like that when determining what I'll play next, and I like having my stats for games owned vs. games completed.  

Now, in the last six months several games I have 0% on PS3 have come out on PS4 remastered.  I'd much rather have the PS4 game, but I don't want duplicate trophy lists.  One good example is Last of Us - I played that for hours without getting a trophy, then felt like I couldn't buy the remastered because I've already loaded in the PS3 trophies and didn't want two trophy lists for the same game.  Now I can delete the PS3 trophy list, sell that version, and buy the PS4.

DmC, same thing, bought it, loaded in the trophies, never played it - and now there is a remastered that I'd rather have.  And I think there is GoW3 remastered coming?  Another one I have 0% on PS3 because I never played it.  Unfortunately, I do have at least one trophy on Tomb Raider and BL2, but that's fine, I'll just finish those up on the old system.

I deleted a 0% PS3 game list, when I next earned a trophy on PS3 I synced with PSN and the deleted list never came back so it obviously does work for PS3 as well.

I have wanted this feature since the whole new console, what's this do, oh damn it I've got a playroom trophy list fiasco, and also Mercenary Kings which I hated as soon as I started it, but I agree it should only be 0% lists. If a trophy has already popped then tuff luck, it's yours to keep forever. Otherwise nobody will ever agree as to where the line should be drawn.

That was simply to illustrate that the demand won't be satisfied with a particular number. And any percentage you mention is as arbitrary as the next. In Disgaea 3, you can easily complete the story without earning a single trophy. In Disgaea 4, you earn a trophy after the opening animation, and you gain trophies for reaching certain parts of the story. Anyone could argue that it would be "unfair" someone that has gone so far as to complete the story in Disgaea 3 has the ability to remove the game from their list, yet someone that has played a few chapters in Disgaea 4 cannot. The world may continue on even if you're allowed to remove games with up to 99%, but ultimately you choose to start playing each game, knowing that it will be added to your list, and you don't actually lose anything by having a particular game on your list regardless of how "bad" the game may be.

And like I said, this applies to every single demand related things in life, not just being able to delete trophies. Except Disegea is one of those very few games where you can go through a story and not earn a trophy, so your point is just a minority compared to majority. Overall there is more games that give you trophies from the start than those that give you trophies much later on, therefore your point is inadequate and weak. And no you obviously don't choose to start each game. This was a point I already made (but I won't restate this point :l ). The upped capped would compensate for trophies you had no control for over your account, for games that give you no-difficultly type trophies (like my example above, which also varies in types), and etc. And if this really is the point you're defending then the implementation of 0% should not have happened either, since clearly not everyone agrees with 0% (inevitably............................. since we live in a imperfect world).

And im just going to tackle that demand point again. In life there is not a single thing that everyone is on board with or think is right. Everyone disagrees, dislikes, agrees, or likes something the way they are. For people having tried to attempt to use this as a strength in their point for the implementation of a higher capped value for deleting trophy percentages makes no sense. A lot of things in life are the way they are because of feedback (while somethings are the way they are because they were made like that without feedback and experience), so I was simply giving feedback to a more proper value. Not everyone is going to agree because of this world and because of people's different perspectives and all that other stuff, but everything has to be set at something and certain things need to and will form. With all that said, 5% is a general good mark, whether people agree or not. It compensates for certain flaws, is low enough not to be abused heavily, and is pretty damn fair. Anything above 2% is honestly warranted imo.

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

And like I said, this applies to every single demand related things in life, not just being able to delete trophies. Except Disegea is one of those very few games where you can go through a story and not earn a trophy, so your point is just a minority compared to majority. Overall there is more games that give you trophies from the start than those that give you trophies much later on, therefore your point is inadequate and weak. And no you obviously don't choose to start each game. This was a point I already made (but I won't restate this point :l ). The upped capped would compensate for trophies you had no control for over your account, for games that give you no-difficultly type trophies (like my example above, which also varies in types), and etc. And if this really is the point you're defending then the implementation of 0% should not have happened either, since clearly not everyone agrees with 0% (inevitably............................. since we live in a imperfect world).

And im just going to tackle that demand point again. In life there is not a single thing that everyone is on board with or think is right. Everyone disagrees, dislikes, agrees, or likes something the way they are. For people having tried to attempt to use this as a strength in their point for the implementation of a higher capped value for deleting trophy percentages makes no sense. A lot of things in life are the way they are because of feedback (while somethings are the way they are because they were made like that without feedback and experience), so I was simply giving feedback to a more proper value. Not everyone is going to agree because of this world and because of people's different perspectives and all that other stuff, but everything has to be set at something and certain things need to and will form. With all that said, 5% is a general good mark, whether people agree or not. It compensates for certain flaws, is low enough not to be abused heavily, and is pretty damn fair. Anything above 2% is honestly warranted imo.

It doesn't matter if it's the only game, really. The point is that there isn't a standard when it comes to trophy percentage. You may get to 5% early on. You may get to 10% early on. You may be at zero for awhile. It varies in each game, so how does one decide where to put a static threshold? Not sure how you could call such a point "inadequate" or "weak", but you haven't even given me any statistics on how many games "give you trophies from the start", so you haven't even proven your point. Also, if you don't choose which games you play, then that's clearly an issue with you, and not the trophy system itself. I certainly don't have that problem, nor do I know anyone else who does. And they already have an option to hide games on your list. It seems to me that your argument is basically, "I want to be able to remove games that are up to 5% from my list, so I should be able to". But as I said, it's inevitable that other people will say exactly what you've said, just replacing the percentage with higher and higher amounts. None of them will be any less correct than you are, and I'm not sure how you could tell any of them that they're wrong. You have yet to explain that.

Edited by GameOverComesAll
  • Like 1

The percentage question is obviously opinion; it's silly to treat any number as if it has the most significance..

That being said, there is one case of 0% that is special here. When I put in PoP HD into my machine, it put lists for all three games simultaneously. There is a good chance that I will NEVER play Two Thrones, because the first two were so awful(honestly the only reason I played Warrior Within was to rid myself of one of the 0%. There is certainly a difference between 0% and any other, simply because of this example. Wheter that is justification for deleting 0% is another question, and one I don't care to pursue.

I had a few older ps3's that I played heaps of games on never actually finishing any in terms of trophies or even story completion was addicted to buying a few games every fortnight when I got paid. I dont have those ps3's anymore and have recently bought a new one for trophies. 

My question is if I delete some trophylists of old ps3 games from my ps4 will it work or do I still need to delete my profile and all that?

P.S  Is there any way to hide some games that you have unlocked trophies on a have several under 10%

Edited by MajOr_BlaZER_90

I had a few older ps3's that I played heaps of games on never actually finishing any in terms of trophies or even story completion was addicted to buying a few games every fortnight when I got paid. I dont have those ps3's anymore and have recently bought a new one for trophies. 

My question is if I delete some trophylists of old ps3 games from my ps4 will it work or do I still need to delete my profile and all that?

P.S  Is there any way to hide some games that you have unlocked trophies on a have several under 10%

You can delete 0% PS3 trophy lists from your PS4.  I removed PS3 TLoU, PS3 DmC, and PS3 Limbo.  Once I earned a trophy in another game all three were gone from this site.  I have since synced my trophy list from my PS3 for another game, and none of those games have come back.  I did see that if a friend has the game, I do show a 0% if I am doing a trophy compare on PSN, but otherwise, I don't see the game on my trophy list on my system or here on this site.

As far as hiding, if you hide any game that isn't 0%, you will get an indicator on your profile page that lets people know you have hidden games.  It doesn't do that if you hide 0% games.

• 10 months later...

I just want to be able to delete anything below a certain point - I think 5% is reasonable, but 10% would be better - because of friends and siblings using my profile instead of bothering to download their own, and landing me with games I loathe and will never finish. That and I was told my secondhand Vita had been totally formatted when I bought it and it hadn't, so it sync'd up several games in the previous category and put the achievements on *my* profile. I have OCD, so I find it very stressful to see those things and not be able to do anything about it. It's not games I picked up and found I disliked, I'm OK with having those on my profile because it was my decision to do that, so there's no reason I shouldn't be landed with them.

As for entering one's password before deleting stopping people doing daft things though... I'm sorry, but I managed to create a whole new user ID on my alternate email address while I was actually asleep recently, only to wake up and facepalm, so entering the password really isn't gonna do that much to stop people.

I just want to be able to delete anything below a certain point - I think 5% is reasonable, but 10% would be better - because of friends and siblings using my profile instead of bothering to download their own, and landing me with games I loathe and will never finish. That and I was told my secondhand Vita had been totally formatted when I bought it and it hadn't, so it sync'd up several games in the previous category and put the achievements on *my* profile. I have OCD, so I find it very stressful to see those things and not be able to do anything about it. It's not games I picked up and found I disliked, I'm OK with having those on my profile because it was my decision to do that, so there's no reason I shouldn't be landed with them.

As for entering one's password before deleting stopping people doing daft things though... I'm sorry, but I managed to create a whole new user ID on my alternate email address while I was actually asleep recently, only to wake up and facepalm, so entering the password really isn't gonna do that much to stop people.

I think only 3.14159265359% and below is reasonable.

I explained trophies to my friend who has a PS4 and he said anything below 25% is reasonable.

Which one of the three of us is right?

You're just being irrational :awesome:

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Dem math jokes :awesome:

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I think only 3.14159265359% and below is reasonable.

I explained trophies to my friend who has a PS4 and he said anything below 25% is reasonable.

Which one of the three of us is right?

I have to object.

The correct value is 2.718281828459%.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Deleting 0% was a good move.

But to those that are saying delete anything over 0% then it shouldn't matter what % it is.

Yup. There is a massive difference between deleting 0% and deleting any other %-age. 

Also, regarding earlier posts in the thread, it seems that now, if you delete a PS3 game on the PS4, and re-sync the PS3, it doesn't add the trophies again. 

Honestly, even being able to delete 0% games is pretty arbitrary and silly. I was able to delete Silent Hill 2 and Mercenary Kings, despite playing each of them for a couple hours, simply because they don't give out any trophies early in the game. But I couldn't delete WipeOut HD because I played for 5 minutes and won a single race.

I think people should be able to delete whatever trophy lists they want from their profile. The idea that this would "compromise the purity of trophies" or something seems a bit silly to me, seeing as people already create dummy accounts to try games before attaching them to their main profile.

• Like 1

• If everyone deleted games that are too hard / grindy then everyone can potentially have a 100% profile which let's face it would be boring and not a true reflection of the gamer you are.

I suggested this before but what if both 0% and 100%/plat lists could be deleted. But not in between. That way you no one can take the easy way out and the precious ultra rare percentages wouldn't be affected in a bad way.

I mean, Sony doesn't care about all the people hacking and save transferring to get easy trophies so why should they care if someone wants to delete a trophy list.   

I suggested this before but what if both 0% and 100%/plat lists could be deleted. But not in between. That way you no one can take the easy way out and the precious ultra rare percentages wouldn't be affected in a bad way.

I mean, Sony doesn't care about all the people hacking and save transferring to get easy trophies so why should they care if someone wants to delete a trophy list.   

Being able to delete 100%/plat lists accomplishes nothing but to serve as a way for hackers to further corrupt and brutalize the leaderboards with their filth.

Got caught hacking a game? Who cares, just delete it and re-hack it with some better timestamps.

They can already get back on the leaderboards by hiding games, which is broken enough, but at least they're stuck with a big, ugly blue H for hacker on their profile.

• Like 2

Being able to delete 100%/plat lists accomplishes nothing but to serve as a way for hackers to further corrupt and brutalize the leaderboards with their filth.

Got caught hacking a game? Who cares, just delete it and re-hack it with some better timestamps.

They can already get back on the leaderboards by hiding games, which is broken enough, but at least they're stuck with a big, ugly blue H for hacker on their profile.

I was just giving an example about the hackers. Not trying to derail the thread.

Besides why should we be punished because of them?