I don't think Sony thought this delete trophies thing through

Superbuu3

I just hate being punished for trying out a game for a little bit. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but I hate staring at games where I got 1 to 5%. Some games I got the trophy just for watching the opening cutscene. 

Edited by Lilseb93

I have a bunch of 1-5% since back in the day as well as some I've tried out from PS+ or simply a remastered version I'd rather finish on PS4 (TLOU for example). At least you can hide them, so no biggie.

@EmeraldLeviathan That would be a nice feature, just like on this site.

• 1 month later...

Ok since it seems impossible for Sony to allow gamers to delete their trophies and the trophy hunters will always demand from Sony to allow them to delete their trophies, i kinda feel like something's gotta give here and there has to be a solution to come in the middle between Sony and gamers and that is i find it a reasonable solution if Sony allows us to delete 1 game per year, something better than nothing in my opinion, or they could be greedy and charges us 5$ for deleting a game haha imagine !! 

Like I read someone else write, they really should have capped the percentage off at 10%.

The reasons are obvious and I don't feel like writing a paragraph explaining them.

Ok since it seems impossible for Sony to allow gamers to delete their trophies and the trophy hunters will always demand from Sony to allow them to delete their trophies, i kinda feel like something's gotta give here and there has to be a solution to come in the middle between Sony and gamers and that is i find it a reasonable solution if Sony allows us to delete 1 game per year, something better than nothing in my opinion, or they could be greedy and charges us 5$ for deleting a game haha imagine !! 

What's got to give is people have to realise it isn't going to happen.

The servers are write only, as in once a trophy has been achieved and synched to the server that's the end of it.  The reason you can remove 0 trophy is because nothing has been written to the server yet - games don't tag your profile with first day played.

Deleting 1 trophy in a game and deleting a game with platinum is functionally the same thing.  Not functionally viable.

On to the topic of name changing - the way Sony coded our names was using the actual name as the file identifier rather than assigning a number and the name being a display level article.

They aren't denying it because they want to be cruel - they're denying it because it is a fundamental structural issue with how the PSN is designed.

You bet they want to solve it, there is millions on the table just waiting to be snatched - for both things.

Edited by LastPisTolman

Deleting trophies at 0% was only supposed to be for PS4 (that's why its only available on the PS4) because on the PS4 it doesn't save your trophies locally. 

To properly do this on the PS3 or the PS Vita, you'd have to delete the 0% List  FIRST then format your Hard drive.  Sync your trophies after that, and it'll be gone forever.