HELP!: Latest patch "1.06" ruined my save data :(

CaTofWaRxMiKu04

I recently updated my Resident Evil 6 to the latest version 1.06 and it won't load my game. It was okay at first when I started a New game+ with Leon's chapter but when I reached the first checkpoint, the game froze :( . I tried restarting the game again see if it'll work but it didn't... I tried deleting the game data then started it again without the latest patch.. It still didn't work. Then I tried deleting my current save data and used my back up save data from the older version but it still didn't work... :( Then I tried updating the game again to the latest version but it still didn't work :/ ... Out of options, I deleted my save data and started a new game again with the latest patch but the game still froze! D: It was working just fine when I didn't update it.The game started freezing after I patched it with the latest version :'( I couldn't play it anymore even if I started a new save file... My disc is fine, I think it was the update that corrupted my game but can anyone please help me? :( I don't wanna restart a new game again nor buy another copy of the game ( x . x ) please help  :(

Having read everything you did, it seems to me you've pretty much ran out of options, aside from trying a replacement-disc. Have you tried to manually do stuff like:

- File System Recovery

- Database Rebuild

? Weird behaviour, I've deleted and re-installed RE6+all the patches quite a few times, never had the game systematically freeze on me, I do get some random freezes on Mercenaries, but that's because of bad connection, most of the times.

• Like 1

I forgot to try File System Recovery but I'll try doing it right now. Thanks for responding anyway, hopefully it'll fix the problem, never tried database rebuild though... and I never tried online yet... the game froze when I was playing offline. But I really think it was the update that caused this problem not my disc coz it was working fine back then...

Having read everything you did, it seems to me you've pretty much ran out of options, aside from trying a replacement-disc. Have you tried to manually do stuff like:

- File System Recovery

- Database Rebuild

? Weird behaviour, I've deleted and re-installed RE6+all the patches quite a few times, never had the game systematically freeze on me, I do get some random freezes on Mercenaries, but that's because of bad connection, most of the times.

UPDATE:

... I tried restore default settings but it still didn't work... it got worse, when I started the game, the screen was all black D: , what to do? :( I have thought of starting from the beginning with no updates and no save data... the game still froze.. , I really don't know what to do now...  :(

What the heck? A Recovery which, theoretically speaking, might haven't fixed anything at worst made things worse? Oh, screw you, Sony. I'm sorry. Those issues show up only with RESIDENT EVIL 6? Everything else works fine (speaking of other games on disk you might have, too)?

Edited by Vergilex

What the heck? A Recovery which, theoretically speaking, might haven't fixed anything at worst made things worse? Oh, screw you, Sony. I'm sorry. Those issues show up only with RESIDENT EVIL 6? Everything else works fine (speaking of other games on disk you might have, too)?

Yeah, nothing really happened. I started the game twice after restoring the default settings, the screen went black at my first attempt then on my 2nd attempt, it just kept saying it's loading but the HDD wasn't even loading... All my games worked fine, but this happened before in my God of War Ascension when I updated it to the latest version, my game froze at a certain point and it just kept on loading so I deleted the Update data and played it with the older version then it worked just fine. I did it in my other profile back then just to be safe, but in Resident Evil 6 , it got even worse.. I couldn't play the game anymore.. I never thought it could corrupt the game coz the update was only 20 mb, it's just really frustrating.. :(

Wait, pretty much the same thing happened with a different game, too? I'm starting to think there might be a problem with the Hard Disk, then. Perhaps the updates get written/stored on bad sectors, thus causing issues.

Yeah it happened before but It worked out just fine after deleting the latest patch... I'm sorry, I don't know what to do next, I'm not really good at tinkering with some stuffs, sometimes I just wanna leave it alone than causing more problems..but do you think there's anything else I can do to fix it? I really want to finish that game so bad :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm not sure you con solve that problem, but if I were you, once it's updated, I'd rather choose "Chapter select" than "New game+".

Because the " New game+" lets you start the campaign from the beginning with basic equipment (just handgun).

That maybe conflict from the old version save file loaded with new patch.

By the way, I started playing from 2012 and just returned in this year (with new ps3 super slim and another disc of RE6),

the game still started with tutorial and remember my trophies normally.

(From my point, playing from the beginning again after 2-year abandoned time is not bad... ^^\)

I didn't get any trophy problem, so I can just assume the better way that should be solved ^^;

I wish you could enjoy the RE6 without playing from the beginning again.

Hello, I'm not sure you con solve that problem, but if I were you, once it's updated, I'd rather choose "Chapter select" than "New game+".

Because the " New game+" lets you start the campaign from the beginning with basic equipment (just handgun).

That maybe conflict from the old version save file loaded with new patch.

By the way, I started playing from 2012 and just returned in this year (with new ps3 super slim and another disc of RE6),

the game still started with tutorial and remember my trophies normally.

(From my point, playing from the beginning again after 2-year abandoned time is not bad... ^^\)

I didn't get any trophy problem, so I can just assume the better way that should be solved ^^;

I wish you could enjoy the RE6 without playing from the beginning again.