The Bleach Manga is supposed to end this year, will the anime return?

Venocide

[PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA, THANK YOU!]

I was browsing some anime news sites earlier on and I happened to stumble upon an old news article from August 2014. Apparently, the manga is supposed to end this year and so that got me wondering, will the anime make a return? I'm not a huge fan of the later episodes of Bleach and their random filler episodes placed here and there, but I still tuned in every week, I never missed an episode and so I would very much like the anime to return. I heard about the final Bleach arc and it's supposed to be very good. I always said to my friend that Bleach WILL 100% make a return, most likely when the manga has ended, and there'll be no fillers... hopefully lol. 

• Like 1

The Anime ended on such a soft note, but I loved the entire series (minus the filler, didnt't watch that). The characters were so good and the whole Arrancar arc was awesome. It definitely seemed like the creator was running out of ideas after that as I wasn't quite convinced on the whole "fullbring" thing, even though it was kinda cool. I wouldnt mind a complete remake by a different studio, strip all the filler and have a huge budget to really bring the fights to life. Imagine a Ufotable or Madhouse adaptation? That'd be so hype. 

With the manga ending I think it'd be a perfect time to re-introduce the series completely filler free as that was the main reason it got cancelled. If memory serves there was an entire year of filler RIGHT before the climactic fight between Ulquiorra and Ichigo. Thats madness. 

Also, more leek spin. 

Leekspin.gif

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

Naruto had over 2 years of fillers before Naruto Shippuden started, thankfully I started watching it long after that.

Did it really? Damn. I can understand at that point because it was kinda giving shippuden more time and the first series was already over, so it was just so there wasn't a big empty space. But Bleach would do a years worth of filler right before huge events in their arcs. Imagine Naruto was just about to fight Sasuke or something and then BAM a years worth of filler. Thats what really killed bleach. 

Imagine Naruto was just about to fight Sasuke or something and then BAM a years worth of filler. Thats what really killed bleach. 

That might just happen. Every major fight has a few episodes worth of flashbacks and I can totally see the anime studio use all the canon stuff from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden as flashbacks  :blink: right before they clash for the final time. But seriously that sucks. Do the Bleach fillers make sense story-wise or are they just random episodes?

That might just happen. Every major fight has a few episodes worth of flashbacks and I can totally see the anime studio use all the canon stuff from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden as flashbacks  :blink: right before they clash for the final time. But seriously that sucks. Do the Bleach fillers make sense story-wise or are they just random episodes?

That would suck! I had read a good amount of the Naruto Shippuden manga then stopped when I had caught up a few years ago, the anime has just caught up to where I stopped so Im thinknig about watching it again. 

I never watched the Bleach filler but from what I've gathered they were entire arcs and not just one off episodes. There were the occassional 1-3 episode fillers, but a majority of them were months long. Im sure they were enjoyable enough, but I watched Bleach after it was done airing so I had no reason to watch the fillers. 20-30 episodes of zero plot progression must have become annoying fast though. 

I'd like to see a continued anime adaption, but only under the condition that they'll fix past issues:

1. Cut out all the filler. Pretty obvious stuff.

2. Get a bigger budget. Bleach is a fightfest at heart and the anime never really had the resources to do the action justice in my opinion. Too much stopping mid fight and lazy animation.

3. Fix the pacing. My main issue with the manga right now is that it just keeps going and going. I'd appreciate if they'd just cut theunnecessary stuff completely to ensure a better flowing experience.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a continued anime adaption, but only under the condition that they'll fix past issues:

1. Cut out all the filler. Pretty obvious stuff.

2. Get a bigger budget. Bleach is a fightfest at heart and the anime never really had the resources to do the action justice in my opinion. Too much stopping mid fight and lazy animation.

3. Fix the pacing. My main issue with the manga right now is that it just keeps going and going. I'd appreciate if they'd just cut theunnecessary stuff completely to ensure a better flowing experience.

The studio is the main reason the fights seemed lacklustre, I think it would be better to remake it from the start with a more competent studio. Studio Peirrot aren't very good IMO. Having Madhouse do it would be amazing, just look at Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte. 

• Like 1

Even though I think this final arc would be good if adapted to anime...I stopped reading it a while ago. I found it to just be terrible compared to the past arcs. However, if it does end this year I will pick up where I left off when the final chapter is released. (and that's only because I actually dropped Naruto when I was told it had about 6 more chapters left...so if Bleach is closer to ending than I thought then I'll finish it.)

As for the fillers...I still hold Koga Kuchiki vs Byakuya Kuchiki as one of the best fights seen in the anime. I actually liked most of the fillers more than the regular series until we got more of Aizen.

The studio is the main reason the fights seemed lacklustre, I think it would be better to remake it from the start with a more competent studio. Studio Peirrot aren't very good IMO. Having Madhouse do it would be amazing, just look at Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte.

Gotta agree, Madhouse would be a wish come true. I consider them gods of animation ever since i saw Redline.

By the looks of it, and how we're in March...yeah it just might end this year.

As for the Anime making a return, I really hope it does(especially when it felt soo awkward ending it with the Fullbringer arc, if they ended it with Aizen; it would've ended the series much better...hopefully that ridiculous ending influences them to continue it).

Speaking of "Arc", Bleach's Fillers @ least to me are pretty okay; when it comes to action(among the former big 3)...they're at least IMO the more well versed in action(among the former 3).

My favorite Bleach filler matches are:

1. The first Ichinose Vs. Ichigo
  2. Renji & Zabimaru vs. Byakuya & Senbonzakura(The Zanpakuto arc)
  3. The Reigai arc had a lot of good ones(probably my most favorite Filler arc)

The funny thing about this thread is, that it's made in March 27...which is the same date the anime ended back in 2012...lol

So yeah! I really hope the series gets the "1000 Year Blood War arc" animated after it ends...It honestly really deserves it.

The funny thing about this thread is, that it's made in March 27...which is the same date the anime ended back in 2012...lol

So yeah! I really hope the series gets the "1000 Year Blood War arc" animated after it ends...It honestly really deserves it.

Woah, thats quite the coincidence xD

yeah im hoping they will bring it back cause the last arc is way better than the fullbringer arc and i didnt like it how they eneded bleach i still enjoyed it but hopefully they will and then make games out of it again

• 1 year later...

Sometimes yes. There's a filler arc about a new captain of Gotei 13, because after the main villain Aizen left with 2 others there are 3 captains missing... and then there's a different arc about the Zanpakutou Rebellion which doesn't fit in the main story at all... although i did like this part really...

@ Topic

I really really really hope that they continue the anime because i like both... and this is the only series where i know both manga and anime completly.. most fights are just more awesome in anime than in the manga :) ... watching every now and then Ichigo vs Uiquirra or vs Grimmjow from the anime :D

• 1 month later...

Holy shit Bleach is actually ending!? Mind you I gave up on the anime many years ago, and I never bothered with the manga because to me it seemed like it would never end. Same thing goes with One Piece: it feels like it will never end.

There's one thing I would like to know, does Ichigo hook up with Orihime?

Holy shit Bleach is actually ending!? Mind you I gave up on the anime many years ago, and I never bothered with the manga because to me it seemed like it would never end. Same thing goes with One Piece: it feels like it will never end.

There's one thing I would like to know, does Ichigo hook up with Orihime?

It ended a month or so ago. But the final 20 or so chapters was a rushed mess. There's a plethora of loose ends, characters whose fate we never got to see. And we'll like never know these things :(

If i knew how to add a spoiler tag I would tell ya lol