Do PSN trophies/Xbox Achievements stop you from going over to PC?

SmokedOut947

No, having to constantly upgrade a PC every time a game with high system requirements is released stops me from buying a PC. With a console, I can pick any game I feel like for it off the shelf and be confident that it will work as advertised. Less money I have to spend on hardware means more money I can spend on software.

Also, PC gamers by and large act like fucking douches about their alleged superiority and that turns me right off.

50% true and 50% lols. 

What I don't understand is lots of people are saying comfort as a plus and something you can't do on pc, but as matter of fact you can use almost any controller you want on pc... so that makes zero sense. I have most of the 7/8 gen consoles and if I had a choice I would only play on pc for various reasons. Regarding the price a £500 rig would last you a good 6 years playing games at 1080p and 40-60 fps which is more than the ps4/xbone can say, sure you may say thats like almost double the price of ps4/xbone but people need to realize you are paying for online on consoles, so thats already £30-40 extra per year, AAA games on consoles release at £45-50 while on pc most release at £35 (and sales which are ridiculously better than consoles) which again just keeps adding up. 

Then you may ask why do I still have console(s) then, because jap games, most main stream japenese devs completely ignore pc or they just port the game years later e.g. Akibas Strip will just be released on pc now after an year after console release, pc is also getting Neptunia games but again months after vita versions.

but if you play mainly western multiplat titles pc is the best platform for you. 

A lot of people here are not computer savvy.

Edited by BearShark

Regarding the price a £500 rig would last you a good 6 years playing games at 1080p and 40-60 fps

That's just not true.  I built my rig two and a half years ago from scratch, $1000, was mid to high range at the time...

Windows 8.1 Pro

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz 

SAMSUNG 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 

Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 2GB 

SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold 650W 

Since then two to three generations of NVIDIA cards have come out (700 and 900 series, not sure if the TITAN's count as another) and I had to re-purchase Dying Light on the PS4 because it drops to single digits on my PC whenever there are fire particles on the screen (even with every setting on low, except resolution because I refuse to go below 1080p). xD  If I seriously want to keep gaming on the PC, which I'm heavily debating, I'll need to drop another $200-300 on a better video card probably before 2015 is over.

Also, keep in mind, even if you have the hardware... games are released in pretty poor condition on PC more often than ever these days.  You were lucky if Resident Evil Revelations 2 hit 30fps consistently on even the best hardware until roughly Episode 3 or 4 when they finally patched the damn thing.  And not every company bothers patching them.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

That's just not true.  I built my rig two and a half years ago from scratch, $1000, was mid to high range at the time...

Windows 8.1 Pro

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz 

SAMSUNG 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 

Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 2GB 

SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold 650W 

Since then two to three generations of NVIDIA cards have come out (700 and 900 series, not sure if the TITAN's count as another) and I had to re-purchase Dying Light on the PS4 because it drops to single digits on my PC whenever there are fire particles on the screen (even with every setting on low, except resolution because I refuse to go below 1080p). xD  If I seriously want to keep gaming on the PC, which I'm heavily debating, I'll need to drop another $200-300 on a better video card probably before 2015 is over.

thats weird since these specs are amusing enough almost identical to yours ran and it ran at 39 fps average.

Windows 8.1 Pro
Motherboard: Asrock H77M-ITX Intel H77 SK1155
CPU Intel Core i5-3450 Quad Core, 3,1 GHz
GPU MSI Geforce GTX 660 Twin Frozr Gaming OC 2GB DDR5 
RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo, 2.5 SATA III 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Black, 3.5 SATA III 1TB

1080p - DX11 High
Avg: 39 - Min: 20 - Max: 63

Edited by Hyunyoung

thats weird since these specs are amusing enough almost identical to yours ran and it ran at 39 fps average.

Windows 8.1 Pro
Motherboard: Asrock H77M-ITX Intel H77 SK1155
CPU Intel Core i5-3450 Quad Core, 3,1 GHz
GPU MSI Geforce GTX 660 Twin Frozr Gaming OC 2GB DDR5 
RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo, 2.5 SATA III 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Black, 3.5 SATA III 1TB

1080p - DX11 High
Avg: 39 - Min: 20 - Max: 63

What's the trick to running it with fire on the screen?  Cause it's killing me... runs great outside of that.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Achievements on Steam are a mess, PSN gives you a level based system

Achievements and Badges on Steam are 100% better than PSN/XBL.

No, having to constantly upgrade a PC every time a game with high system requirements is released stops me from buying a PC.

I have a 5 year old custom built PC. The only time I've had to change out hardware, was because the hardware failed. Which has been once, when my GPU's died.

I have Never had to purchase Any new parts to run Any game (on High or above graphics settings) ever.

I see lots of people on YouTube asking why people just don't get a PC and abandon consoles?

This:

No, having to constantly upgrade a PC every time a game with high system requirements is released stops me from buying a PC. 

This:

Also, PC gamers by and large act like fucking douches about their alleged superiority and that turns me right off.

This:

11bae48b7f005056b74f71.jpg

Tales-of-Xillia-Playstation-3-cover.jpg

ps3-fairy-fencer-f.jpg

_-Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Victory-PS3-_.

game-0010387.jpg?_ex=330x330

FreedomWars-549x700.jpg?eaa32f

51MCmDNzuNL._SY300_.jpg

Demon_Gaze_video_game_cover.png

cover_large.jpg

cover-vita-hyperdimension-neptunia-pp.jp

365658_front.jpg

81MU%2B-b8d7L._SL1487_.jpg

And this are just games from the eastersale. ^_^

Also... For what do I need a fat PC, that wastes a lot of energy, when I cant use its power because the most intensive PC game I care about is Starcraft2, or SimCity (2013)?

Willing to not have the best graphical experience and be able to buy games cheaper for the most part solely based on Trophies and Achievements?

I dont care about graphics... How old am I? 12? 13? There around I cared about graphics. Also, as you see I dont care for AAAs that much. Sure I play them from time to time... but yeah... Sorry, I dont understand why graphics are an argument. I guess we are all, or at least the most, adults here?

And, PC gamers are like "wow this game only costs 2 bucks! hahaha stupid console peasant must pay 20 bucks!" ... and then there are like "Why this studio has been closed? :(" ... basicly, PC-gamers are egoistic idiots... Im sorry... and then this Mustardrace-bullshit...

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 2

I have a 5 year old custom built PC. The only time I've had to change out hardware, was because the hardware failed. Which has been once, when my GPU's died.

I have Never had to purchase Any new parts to run Any game (on High or above graphics settings) ever.

I'd be curious to hear what your specs are, how much it cost (including any replacement parts), the most demanding game you've played on it and how well it ran.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I am currently sprawled on the sofa with a warm blanket and a happy cat, with a controller that fits my hand comfortably, wandering around Skyrim, on a device that I can also use to watch movies with three button clicks and no requirement to displace the cat.

It's convenient, with no hardware upgrade requirements for any of the games I buy for it. (I am not counting peripherals here - especially since the Move came with it and I already bought the other bits I want.)

Interesting fact - I bought my PS3 solely because I was looking for a device to hook up to my television to play Netflix. It was the same price as the other computers and such I was considering, but with superior graphics (for my movies) plus it played Blu-ray (so it would also replace my dying VCR). I hadn't played games other than online browser games and of course Riven, so I wasn't sure if I would even use the game features, but decided that was a nice bonus, too.

The Playstation has a lot of plusses that put it well above a computer, for me - as far as entertainment and relaxation are concerned. Of course, it can't compete with computers when it comes to typing papers and other work related things! But if it could, I honestly don't think I would like it so much. My PS3 is synonymous with fun and relaxation, because that is all it does, and it does it VERY well.

• Like 1

My only reason for not "gaming" on a pc is because I don't like to, it just doesn't feel right to me. Steam has an achievment system so really if pc gaming wasn't so far out of my comfort zone I would probably love it.

Edited by kaiige10

No. If the game is available on PC, I'll buy it. However, I don't go for achievements anymore unlike Xbox and PS.

No, having to constantly upgrade a PC every time a game with high system requirements is released stops me from buying a PC. With a console, I can pick any game I feel like for it off the shelf and be confident that it will work as advertised. Less money I have to spend on hardware means more money I can spend on software.

Not true, you can last with a PC with equivalent spec as a console until the next gen. A console has the same specs through out it's life cycle so there should be no reason to upgrade your PC with every brenchmarking game. Built my PC around 2012 and it ran Ground Zeroes fine.

Also, where have you heard this minority of douchiness? Yes, there are a number of elitist but it's no different from the console fanboys.

And, PC gamers are like "wow this game only costs 2 bucks! hahaha stupid console peasant must pay 20 bucks!" ... and then there are like "Why this studio has been closed? :(" ... basicly, PC-gamers are egoistic idiots... Im sorry... and then this Mustardrace-bullshit...

Studios are closing down in general. Are you going to blame PC gamers for Zipper, Eat Sleep Play and Liverpool closing down? If PC is to blame for developers closing down, then why are publishers still releasing games on PC?

Edited by GenoStarrz
  • Like 2

I only have a few PC games, otherwise I don't buy newer ones is because I think My computer doesn't meet the requirements for the game. Although I did just get a computer so maybe it does although I'd rather buy PC games that have Dragons, Wolves, Horses, Space exploration type themes, Dinosaurs, or that have Forest themes. Then buy the occasional random game like The Movies and want to get Advent Rising as well.

Studios are closing down in general. Are you going to blame PC gamers for Zipper, Eat Sleep Play and Liverpool closing down? If PC is to blame for developers closing down, then why are publishers still releasing games on PC?

Because not everyone is doing it and because of overpriced DLCs or people that spent money on cosmeticpacks or ONE skin.

LoL eg is free, but it seems like the Skins are generating good money.

Or Sims... The basegames costs the same like an AAA game (~70€), and every addon costs the same like a japangame. (~40€) and there are *starts Sims3 Launcher* 20 addons!

With the next Sims basegame it repeats. I bet there will be an pets addon, an dating addon, an university addon, etc.

You cant do this on a console the same way.

Sims3 Pets is its own game and dont need Sims3.

Diablo3 UE containts RoS and the basegame.

Both, Sims and Diablo, even dont need an installation. You play them directly from the disc.

Imagine, EA would sell you 20 games called "Sims 3 XYZ" for 70 bucks each, because its AAA (its from EA, so it is automatically AAA... lel). We wont would buy that. That only works this way on PC. Why? I can tell you.

If something is on Steam, nobody cares about filesizes. If something is on PSN everyone is crying. So how would you give 20 Sims3 Addons to consolegamers? *awww Sims3 takes 150GB of my harddrve :( :( *

Also the PC takes a big part of the marketshare in general, so the AAA-studios cant ignore them.

Just imagine what would happen when they could get some of the "casualgamers" (Facebook-"games", Browser"games", F2P-games, etc)... Ah wait, probably Sims got some of them. => $PROFIT$

Edited by Neputyunu

Because not everyone is doing it and because of overpriced DLCs or people that spent money on cosmeticpacks or ONE skin.

LoL eg is free, but it seems like the Skins are generating good money.

Or Sims... The basegames costs the same like an AAA game (~70€), and every addon costs the same like a japangame. (~40€) and there are *starts Sims3 Launcher* 20 addons!

With the next Sims basegame it repeats. I bet there will be an pets addon, an dating addon, an university addon, etc.

You cant do this on a console the same way.

Sims3 Pets is its own game and dont need Sims3.

Diablo3 UE containts RoS and the basegame.

Both, Sims and Diablo, even dont need an installation. You play them directly from the disc.

Imagine, EA would sell you 20 games called "Sims 3 XYZ" for 70 bucks each, because its AAA (its from EA, so it is automatically AAA... lel). We wont would buy that. That only works this way on PC. Why? I can tell you.

If something is on Steam, nobody cares about filesizes. If something is on PSN everyone is crying. So how would you give 20 Sims3 Addons to consolegamers? *awww Sims3 takes 150GB of my harddrve  :(  :( *

Also the PC takes a big part of the marketshare in general, so the AAA-studios cant ignore them.

Just imagine what would happen when they could get some of the "casualgamers" (Facebook-"games", Browser"games", F2P-games, etc)... Ah wait, probably Sims got some of them. => $PROFIT$

My original statement still stands and you backed up my argument. Most developers are making a profit from PC enough to not close down (even though PC gamers also hate overpriced DLC so we wait for sales). You stated that PC gamers buy 2 dollar game which is hurting the developers and yet you contradicted yourself with PC being a gold mine for AAA developers.

Unless, you are only talking about PC influencing scummy publishers like EA with DLC and not talented developers.

In that case, fun fact: the developers of The Sims and SimCity, Maxis, closed down earlier this month due to the recent installments selling low from reports (mostly because they are lacking content, bad gameplay, etc. compared to their procedures). On the other hand, fans of those franchises are playing Cities: Skylines which is what SimCity 5 should have been.

What bugs me though is who are the developers who closed down you are referring to?

Edited by GenoStarrz
  • Like 2

I have a few games on my laptop - I'm physically incapable of sitting up at a PC for hours on end - but I find console controllers more intuitive and easier to navigate and learn for each game. In addition to that, I can lie in whatever position necessary when playing games on my consoles, more or less, and there's no way I could do that with a PC or laptop. Consoles are just much less hassle when it comes to coping and coordinating my disability and impairments with gaming.

In a quarter century of gaming, both on console and PC/laptop, I've met a very small proportion of PC-only gamers who didn't have a superiority complex that annoyed me. My sister is mainly a PC gamer nowadays, but that has to do with her not having a TV to hook her consoles up to (she has a PS2, X360 and a Wii that I know of, but can't currently play them, so spends most of her time playing Neverwinter Nights & little else).

My PS2 has lasted 16 years so far and is still working for the 35+ games I have for it, most of which are lengthy. I've gone through five PCs and/or laptops in that time.

On top of all that, I'm a web designer by training. I have so much other stuff that I do on my laptop besides gaming that I just get constantly distracted when I log on. I have a number of PC games and Steam games I've simply never got around to playing, because I get distracted by maintaining my websites (I've 4 domains and over 100 fanlistings), keeping up with my online volunteer commitments (I'm a tag wrangler at the Archive of Our Own, among other things), and reading (or writing) fanfiction. On my consoles I mostly stick to gaming, so I'm happier delineating the two types of system for different activities. It's really that simple, I guess.

• Like 2

In that case, fun fact: the developers of The Sims and SimCity, Maxis, closed down earlier this month due to the recent installments selling low from reports (mostly because they are lacking content, bad gameplay, etc. compared to their procedures). On the other hand, fans of those franchises are playing Cities: Skylines which is what SimCity 5 should have been.

No, only the studio for SC got closed. The one for the Sims is still alive, because its a goldmine.

I dont care whar you are arguments are (not meant personally), or what you are interpreting in my stuff. Im just here for a nice chat, thats all. ^_^

But you must difference. Not all PC-gamers are Mustardrace (g2a.com seems to be cheaper than steam. Oh look, a new 1$ humbebundle!). They also have the "I dont care and this game here is F2P"-faction, the "Pay2Win-Browsergamers" that spent every month 100$ and more in an Browsergames like Wartune (US) / DemonSlayer (EU), some other groups and "The girlgamers".

But I guess, the mustardrace isnt buying every Sims Addon :P

Seriously, look at the TheSims Facebook-page. 95% of the comments there are from girls and women. They dont care about this mustardrace-nonsense. And they are talking about Sims-addons at day1. So the bought it probably over origin at its original price. And this is why games are still coming for PC. Fanboys/girls, people that preorder and "We are the superior mustardrace! We paid the most for our hardware so we deserve everything, or we are going to cry the whole internet down and create lots of petitions, like back then with GTA5!".

Whatever. fact is, PS3 and Vita have games PC hasnt, but Im interested in. And there are many. (*sigh* If I would have more money...), so, arguments are irrelevant, because every plattform has it GoGos and it NoNos :P People can punch me with their arguments, with their hate, and anything how often they want. Fact is... PC hasnt the games I like. I liked the Anno-Series (A.D. in the US) but with 2070 they ruined it... AI is way to scripty and naggy, breaking EVERY rule of the game... Command&Conquer gots cancelled. Im going to play Sims and Diablo on console. So, yeah, Im playing just Starcraft2 and SimCity here. SimCity isnt that bad btw. With the FutureAddon its interesting, because you can build vertically and public transportation in the air, because you have Maglevs and Skyroads. And the other games, which are multiplats, I can do on a console too. So why I should buy and upgrade my PC from time to time, when my good old PS3 can handle it too? Graphics? Sorry, but Im not that superficial, also Im not intersted in "hyperealistic superdupermega-AAA-graphics". Seriously, look at my avatar.

Also AC and NFS are the only AAA franchises im caring about. I can accept your arguments, and I can accept that people prefer a PC. But for two games I dont need one too. Understandable? :) You should accept that too.

IF you readed somewhere in my postings that Im "hating" the PC, Im sorry. That is not that what I wanted to say. As someone said before "Im a gamer, not a plattformer". Im going to buy a Wii U in some months. :) Also I want the New3DS. Its not my fault even the Wii U has more games than the PC in my interest.

Ah, yes, the closed down devs... You know, EA doenst makes game by their own? All of their games are from studios they bought.

And maybe you know eg Crytek. Its this german studio with Crysis and stuff, that is nearly bankrupt because they cant accept that outside of Germany people are not THAT superficial. (No seriously. They are buying FinalFantasy15 because graphics, but decline FinalFantasy0, because graphics.^^) They thought the Deal with RYSE as XBoxOne exclusive could save them. But now there is a PC-version too. And probably a PS4 version in the future.

Edited by Parker

No, only the studio for SC got closed. The one for the Sims is still alive, because its a goldmine.

I dont care whar you are arguments are (not meant personally), or what you are interpreting in my stuff. Im just here for a nice chat, thats all. ^_^

But you must difference. Not all PC-gamers are Mustardrace-retards (g2a.com seems to be cheaper than steam. Oh look, a new 1$ humbebundle!). They also have the "I dont care and this game here is F2P"-faction, the "Pay2Win-Browsergamers" that spent every month 100$ and more in an Browsergames like Wartune (US) / DemonSlayer (EU), some other groups and "The girlgamers".

But I guess, the mustardrace isnt buying every Sims Addon :P

Seriously, look at the TheSims Facebook-page. 95% of the comments there are from girls and women. They dont care about this mustardrace-nonsense. And they are talking about Sims-addons at day1. So the bought it probably over origin at its original price. And this is why games are still coming for PC. Fanboys/girls, people that preorder and "We are the superior mustardrace! We paid the most for our hardware so we deserve everything, or we are going to cry the whole internet down and create lots of petitions, like back then with GTA5!".

Whatever. fact is, PS3 and Vita have games PC hasnt, but Im interested in. And there are many. (*sigh* If I would have more money...), so, arguments are irrelevant, because every plattform has it GoGos and it NoNos :P People can punch me with their arguments, with their hate, and anything how often they want. Fact is... PC hasnt the games I like. I liked the Anno-Series (A.D. in the US) but with 2070 they ruined it... AI is way to scripty and naggy, breaking EVERY rule of the game... Command&Conquer gots cancelled. Im going to play Sims and Diablo on console. So, yeah, Im playing just Starcraft2 and SimCity here. SimCity isnt that bad btw. With the FutureAddon its interesting, because you can build vertically and public transportation in the air, because you have Maglevs and Skyroads. And the other games, which are multiplats, I can do on a console too. So why I should buy and upgrade my PC from time to time, when my good old PS3 can handle it too? Graphics? Sorry, but Im not that superficial, also Im not intersted in "hyperealistic superdupermega-AAA-graphics". Seriously, look at my avatar.

Also AC and NFS are the only AAA franchises im caring about. I can accept your arguments, and I can accept that people prefer a PC. But for two games I dont need one too. Understandable? :) You should accept that too.

IF you readed somewhere in my postings that Im "hating" the PC, Im sorry. That is not that what I wanted to say. As someone said before "Im a gamer, not a plattformer". Im going to buy a Wii U in some months. :) Also I want the New3DS. Its not my fault even the Wii U has more games than the PC in my interest.

Ah, yes, the closed down devs... You know, EA doenst makes game by their own? All of their games are from studios they bought.

And maybe you know eg Crytek. Its this german studio with Crysis and stuff, that is nearly bankrupt because they cant accept that outside of Germany people are not THAT superficial. (No seriously. They are buying FinalFantasy15 because graphics, but decline FinalFantasy0, because graphics.^^) They thought the Deal with RYSE as XBoxOne exclusive could save them. But now there is a PC-version too. And probably a PS4 version in the future.

Wrong mate, they did:

nKBlwqY.png

(www.maxis.com)

I can understand your preference in platforms, it's just that your opinion in PC gaming is very close-minded. While casual games do sell, you calm that's the only genre developers get revenue from. What If I came to this thread saying "consoles are killing developers with their motion controls  and CoD." You and I both know that's not true. Every system has their casual games and their core games. While we may have different platform preferences, we are both supporting the same developers. We have to support their games in order for them to have a future. If we don't show interest like with GTA5 or the Souls series on PC, publishers will stop making a franchise (hopefully with Sega's surprise in sells of Valkyria Chronicles on Steam, we can get the other games ported to other countries and maybe a new installment).

I just noticed. Ironically you bring up "$1 humblebundle"  and yet you are a PS Plus subscriber who gets free games monthly and frequent flash sale... 

To be honest, I've been playing my Wii U (Smash) and 3DS (Pokemon & Codename Steam) more than anything. Nintendo is just too good.

Edited by GenoStarrz
  • Like 1

Wrong mate, they did:

nKBlwqY.png

(www.maxis.com)

I can understand your preference in platforms, it's just that your opinion in PC gaming is very close-minded.

While we may have different platform preferences, we are both supporting the same developers. 

I just noticed. Ironically you bring up "$1 humblebundle"  and yet you are a PS Plus subscriber who gets free games monthly and frequent flash sale... 

To be honest, I've been playing my Wii U (Smash) and 3DS (Pokemon & Codename Steam) more than anything. Nintendo is just too good.

Really? Guess it depends were you read that news. I mean, Sims4 came not long ago for Mac, eg.

Close minded? ... damn, and I tried to extend it and to look more "tolerant". Guess my english is not good enough to be used in discussions. xD

Same Devs? Please ask an PC-only gamer who eg is CompileHeart. People are like "Who are they?" "Never heard about them." "Googled them, they are just making games for childrens." "If they are making this japanese indies they can keep their garbage!" ... At least in this german PS4 Board Im reading from time to time.

Yeah, true. But Im not adding everything just to have it. Im picking some stuff and playing it. :P When a game isnt interesting me, like a sportsgame, or a shooter (that isnt FarCry) Im not adding them just because I would have them. .... Also Europe has no Flashsales.

Yes, Nintendo is awesome. (= Im still thinking they should do a Pokemon like Colloseum or xD the Gamecube had.

Also I guess their only problem today is that society is thinking too much about graphics...

_-Pokemon-Colosseum-GameCube-_.jpg

53d163698d7db.jpg

Superawesome games ^_^

Edited by Neputyunu

Really? Guess it depends were you read that news. I mean, Sims4 came not long ago for Mac, eg.

Close minded? ... damn, and I tried to extend it and to look more "tolerant". Guess my english is not good enough to be used in discussions. xD

Same Devs? Please ask an PC-only gamer who eg is CompileHeart. People are like "Who are they?" "Never heard about them." "Googled them, they are just making games for childrens." "If they are making this japanese indies they can keep their garbage!" ... At least in this german PS4 Board Im reading from time to time.

Yeah, true. But Im not adding everything just to have it. Im picking some stuff and playing it. :P When a game isnt interesting me, like a sportsgame, or a shooter (that isnt FarCry) Im not adding them just because I would have them. .... Also Europe has no Flashsales.

Yes, Nintendo is awesome. (= Im still thinking they should do a Pokemon like Colloseum or xD the Gamecube had.

Also I guess their only problem today is that society is thinking too much about graphics...

The IPs are being worked on by another developer from EA.

Yes same devs:

header.jpg?t=1422919039

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900/

The game currently has "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews.

Here are some of the reviews:

"I have just finished watching the anime. That makes me love this game even more !"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900#app_reviews_hash

"The best JRPG game that i have ever played in my entire life!"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hippo_XD/recommended/282900/

"Endless grinding with cute girls, what more could you ask?"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/XCobraEyes/recommended/282900/

Same can be said about the Agarest series, Legend of Heroes game, Ys series, Valkyria Chronicles game, Final Fantasy games and the Mind Zero game has been greenlite for Steam by the community. You claim PC gamers don't play "childish titles" and yet, here is the proof that we love niche games.

As for the Flash Sale and free games, that may be only you. Other forums like NeoGAF have admitted to having a backlog of PlayStation games thanks to the service. Are you going to say that they don't support the developers, that they're killing the gaming industry?

Edited by GenoStarrz
  • Like 1

Nope, for me it's mainly about comfort. Currently I enjoy consoles since I can lay on the couch after work and not have to move a cat from in front of my screen every two minues. On the other hand when I don't mind fighting the cats and sitting in a chair, I like Steam cause I can buy other games just from playing certain games. :hmm:

I love what you just said. Those damned cats. I have the same problem lol. When im playing my ps3 the tv is on the wall so its impossible for them to stand in front of it. But when im playing on my pc, those damned things are in front of my screen and on my keyboard every 2 seconds.

Now don't get me wrong I like my ps3 much better for reasons of not having to upgrade software so I agree for the most part. However people saying they don't want to use a mouse and keyboard should know that its very easy to use an xbox controller with you're pc.

That being said I still would pick my vita and Ps3 over computer due to the trophy system. It's a sickness we all have. LET'S GET TROPHYS THAT MEAN NOTHING IN THE REAL WORLD!! YES!!! LOL

• Like 4

A lot of the responses here are the reason why PST (with it's older layout scheme) has more traffic flowing thru.

*snip*

Your Japanese games are coming to steam in buck loads, today it may only be 61 games but in the future many will be there for people to enjoy. I'm telling you wait for 2016 and you will see the increase in those games. Also you supported what Damon said about PC gamers being douchebags which is completely wrong and ignorant. It's sad you feel this way but I won't stop you. 

Yes same devs:
header.jpg?t=1422919039
http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900/

The game currently has "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews.

Here are some of the reviews:
"I have just finished watching the anime. That makes me love this game even more !"
http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900#app_reviews_hash

"The best JRPG game that i have ever played in my entire life!"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hippo_XD/recommended/282900/

"Endless grinding with cute girls, what more could you ask?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/XCobraEyes/recommended/282900/

Well, there are not many JRPGs on PC, right? :) Also... who can not love Neps? I mean... that would be pretty unrealistisc... Oh wait, there are people who can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_(video_game)#PlayStation_3_version

So, it was just hateable because it was a consolegame, or what? xD

But seriously... you said it yourself. Its "niche".

Same can be said about the Agarest series, Legend of Heroes game, Ys series, Valkyria Chronicles game, Final Fantasy games and the Mind Zero game has been greenlite for Steam by the community. You claim PC gamers don't play "childish titles" and yet, here is the proof that we love niche games.

The difference is. I wasnt generalizing. You are.
When "you" love niche-games it doesnt mean "they" love them too.

I meant the mustardrace, not Pay2Win-Browsergamers, not Casuals, not Sims-Fangirls, not niche-gamers. And the Mustardrace doesnt care about niche, because graphics and its not AAA. But seriously... I had some real contacts saying they love anime and japangames, but then say they are PConly-gamers ("plattformers") and when they say japangames they mean FinalFantasy and that was it. When Im talking about jgames for PS3 and Vita some of them were like "Why something like this exists?".

That does not make sense for me. I mean, sure PC has now one or two Nepgames. Yeah, whats about the spinoffs? Whats about the PS3 and PS4 games? If you like Japangames, you need a Sony console. Fact.

If the Neps-Fanbase were not so storng, you never would have it on PC. Think about it. If we, from Europe, never would have imported ReBirth1 for Vita from USA, maybe ReBirth2 also would never be released in Europe. I dont understand why people are always assuming stuff I supposedly said or meant in some way but never are thinking about it from a bit of a distance (to see more of it). Seriously, if you would think more about the things you are assuming me, then you probably never had make the mistakes with the flashsales Europe hasnt.

As for the Flash Sale and free games, that may be only you. Other forums like NeoGAF have admitted to having a backlog of PlayStation games thanks to the service. Are you going to say that they don't support the developers, that they're killing the gaming industry?

Look. On PS4, XBox360 and XBoxOne you are paying for the onlineservices (multiplayer, cloud, etc).

Im not going to say "EY SONY! Im paying 3€ a month, I want games!!!"

But they eg are (They even cant use their mothertongue, so maybe googletranslator has problems here): 

https://translate.google.at/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps4-magazin.de%2Fplaystation-plus%2F17604-playstation-plus-erster-titel-f%25C3%25BCr-april-bekannt%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Do you think these people would care about niche-games? They are crying every month that they dont get AAAs for their 50€/year. Some days ago they wrote Sony should check their priorities and they should let PS3 die so the PS4 gets "more love". But I as "on the way to learn how to be a nichegamer"-gamer love my PS3 and have actually no interest in a PS4 because there is no reason for it.

And I meant this group in the PC-faction.

I never said something bad about PCgamers, or at least I dont meant it, always was about the Mustardrace. You know, this guys that are going to tell you everytime that you are a child, retard, peasant, etc, because PC is the strongest from all and has the best graphics.

I wasnt generalizing. Understandable?

Also I dont understand the whole problem here.

The initial question was "Do PSN-trophies and XBox achievements stop you from going over to PC" and I simply qouted that I dont want to upgrade my honey from here and then. Actually my 6+ years old laptop is doing fine the stuff I want her to do.

And that the PC have not the games I want. Sure they have now a piece of Neps and FFF (My laptop would be to weak for them btw) ... but why? Yes, because the other Console-gamers.

Look at some profiles here (not at mine Im a beginner in this section), SatoshiOokami eg. The PC would probably not make "nichegamers" happy. Thats all. I dont understand why there are always people bitching around because that. There is no "best" plattform, there is imo just a "This plattform gives me the things I want".

Your Japanese games are coming to steam in buck loads, today it may only be 61 games but in the future many will be there for people to enjoy. I'm telling you wait for 2016 and you will see the increase in those games.

Thats nice. But I still want to play it on a Playstation. Is this acceptable for you?

No? Also good...

Also you supported what Damon said about PC gamers being douchebags which is completely wrong and ignorant. It's sad you feel this way but I won't stop you. 

I said Mustardrace ... this is one group in the big PC-faction.

Also its the one that is hating and bashing everywhere

... Why people always assuming I would generalize?

I havnt meant PC-gamers in general -.-

Edited by Neputyunu