Do PSN trophies/Xbox Achievements stop you from going over to PC?

SmokedOut947

Thats nice. But I still want to play it on a Playstation. Is this acceptable for you?

No? Also good...

I said Mustardrace ... this is one group in the big PC-faction.

Also its the one that is hating and bashing everywhere

... Why people always assuming I would generalize?

I havnt meant PC-gamers in general -.-

I never said or stop you from playing on the platform of your preference, I'm just trying to educate you before you enter a battlefield without knowledge or understandong the topic. I support everyone's choice and would never tell anyone that's unacceptable. Also what are you going to do if these games no longer exist on playstation due to higher costs and less profits? 

Now you said people amuse that you are generalizing when you supported a comment Damon wrote by posting "^This" under it. That's the reason why people are amusing you generalizing a whole platform. 

While I hope to own a decent PC to play on the side one day, I doubt I'll ever be a primarily PC gamer. Trophies are definitely a factor, I'm not gonna lie about that. But I also just like the simplicity of consoles. I don't have to worry about what games can run on what, can I use a controller for this game, am I going to need to upgrade something soon, and so forth. Even if I did make the switch, I would still probably play it like I would a console. That is, using a controller and using my television as the actual screen.

The number 1 reason I got out of the PC gaming upgrade treadmill in 2009 (after being on it for 15 years) was Steam. Specifically Dawn of War II. Looking at the box, Steam was listed as a requirement. When I went home to research it (this was pre-3G smartphone days for most of us) I found out you had to tie it to a steam account and that you could never resell or lend the game out. I only got into Dawn of War I because a buddy lent me his copy, then I bought it and every expansion for it.

Seemed like every PC game I might be interested in at that point required you to tie it to an online account that locked it from ever being resold or lent (or given away for that matter.)

I still play lots of my dozens of PC games pre-2009, but I play my disc based PS3 and Vita games more. I always meant to go back and pirate Dawn of War II to give them the middle finger, but never got around to it. Their loss.

The IPs are being worked on by another developer from EA.

Yes same devs:

header.jpg?t=1422919039

Idea Factory Internation != Compile Heart

Idea Factory has a contract with Compile Heart that allows them to localize original CH works.

After CH games are localized by IF, CH no longer cares about them. They become property of Idea Factory/IF International and CH are obviously only credited as original developers.

So, no CH does NOT care about PC platform.

Also what are you going to do if these games no longer exist on playstation due to higher costs and less profits? 

Thats funny :)  because every year someone says that console is dead or will be dead next year :) .  was funny 10 years ago and is funny now :)

Thats funny :)  because every year someone says that console is dead or will be dead next year :) .  was funny 10 years ago and is funny now :)

I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously say that... especially not 10 years ago when console gaming was really hitting it's stride between the PS2-era ending and the PS3-era beginning.  People have predicted the downfall of PC gaming for decades though, mostly because of the popularizing of consoles and it's shrinking presence in retail stores.

Quit stealing our shtick man.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

That's just the number tagged as 'Visual Novel' and 'Anime' ... seemed like a good starting point since that shit always seems to be Japanese.

Barring some crossover, I found another 70 looking for 'JRPG'.  Might find some stragglers looking for words like 'Ninja' and 'Schoolgirl Panties' or whatever other perverted garbage that country churns out.

I laughed my ass off at this.  :D

OT: I've given console gaming a shot and have played a few MMOs, but I've been on PlayStation all my life and am just too comfortable on that platform to leave it now.  So trophies aren't a factor whatsoever.

I'll bite.....

My question wasn't related to a console's death but to the production cost and how it would affect developers. It costs $100 to be a developer for Steam. Also development is getting cheaper for PC. Most developers are now or going to be in the future PC and mobile because of costs. Steam caught up in account users in the short space of 7 plus years.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously say that... especially not 10 years ago when console gaming was really hitting it's stride between the PS2-era ending and the PS3-era beginning.  People have predicted the downfall of PC gaming for decades though, mostly because of the popularizing of consoles and it's shrinking presence in retail stores.

Quit stealing our shtick man.

What he said wasn't even relevant to the question I was asking. 

Not being funny but you don't need to keep up a top end PC.

Anyone using that as an excuse why not to PC game is frankly just ignorant as fuck..

I have a decent PC.. but trophies do stop me from PC gaming full time lol also exclusives keep me on playstation too..

PC Components are too expensive here mainly because of the insane customs charges. Consoles are a bit expensive too but they are cheaper than building a PC and the games are surprisingly really cheap. Console all the way for me! Trophies arent a reason though, I dont give a rats ass about 'em.

A Gamer who does not consider all forms of gaming valid is a Gamer who need to examine their title

It becomes a question of how you want to play.

The consoles provide a medium for sharing games with those around us using a larger screen

Handhelds provide the ability to take gaming with you when you leave your house

PC allows you to wring as much power as you can out of the hardware to make the game better in frame rate, load times, ect. (all hardware factors) and adds the possibility of modding

However, after saying that it's not gonna be fun to spend $600-$700 to leapfrog from a duo to an i7   :facepalm:

At least if you balance it out you only have to mega-upgrade pc's every 5 years or so

Edited by Nikoyi
  • Like 2

Or they don't live in the same area as you?

I'm pretty sure you don't know all prices in all countries =)

I live in the UK.. we get fucked when it comes to PC parts.. I've seen Americans complain here about the price, when realistically you'd could get a decent PC for $600.. 

• Like 1

I only use PC to play MMORPG, because this on consoles are just shit and you don't have access at the same tools... (TS, Forums, Keyboard to chat....) for the other games i just preffer the console...

For the controller and because I know that "i'll be able to play this game" this don't happen in pc, unless you have a really expensive pc.

Also because I know that "I buy today my ps4/3/xone/360 and I will be able to play all the games realased for this plattform until my console dies" not on pc.

This are my main reasons..

I live in the UK.. we get fucked when it comes to PC parts.. I've seen Americans complain here about the price, when realistically you'd could get a decent PC for $600.. 

You should know that you on UK for electrical components and videogames have one of the better prices on all UE... Here on spain we usually import games from UK because it's way cheaper even paying the shipping costs. I've never imported any components because i just like to go to store for them, but i've saw some low prices on this too.

The main things which keep me from going to PC is the cost, and the dexterity required for keyboard and mouse. I know some games have game pad support, but not all of them do, so I stick with consoles. I suppose the trophies keep me here too, cause I like the idea of bronze, silver, gold and platinum, not numbers or just plain achievements.

Not a PC, but it's stopped me from purchasing a Wii U/Xbone honestly.

I have enough of a backlog of games on PS3/4/Vita already, adding a whole new console to the mix would just increase that, and I reeeeeeally don't want to make it any bigger. I feel guilty enough owning so many games I haven't yet played. (coz I've spent all that money on them!). Even then, it's not so much about the trophies either, just about the backlog I've already invested in.

Edited by LukaLaurent

I love both Console and PC Gaming. Both have their Pros and Cons and I love collecting Achievements / Trophies on all Platforms. People who dismiss a Gaming platform just because they think the one they are gaming on is superior miss out on a lot of great Games. Hunting Steam Achievements can be just as fun as hunting Trophies if you use Sites like Astats. My Astats Profile ->  http://astats.astats.nl/astats/User_Info.php?SteamID64=76561198031277502

Edited by Valkyrslayer
  • Like 1

For $600 - $700 USD you could build a PC that would run pretty much everything but the most demanding games on high/max at 60fps (at least). You just need to keep an eye out for sales, discounts, etc.

I'm actually looking to build my own custom PC, within this price range of course, and it'll be my platform of choice once I eventually do. I'll still enjoy consoles, but the next console I get will have to wait. When/If I do get a new console, it's going to be the Xbox One, the Wii U (assuming Nintendo hasn't discontinued and replaced it by then), or the New 3DS XL (ditto).

Edited by Fluttershy