Having some problems...

StewartBros

I doubt many people visit this section anymore, but here are a couple of my views and semi-rants about a couple of experiences I've had with the game.

First up, the Uncle! trophy. You need to perform 25 submission moves using Raphael, so I've unlocked the required move and played through the Counter Submission stage in the Dojo a little over 60 times so far, but the trophy still hasn't unlocked. I'm evidently doing the move correctly, because the stage ends with the Counter Submission Complete message each time, but I can't figure out why the trophy hasn't popped for me. I'm building up a 5-hit combo to reach a TPKO, then tapping circle18x18.png when the dummy attacks, then immediately holding R2 and square18x18.png. If the counter is successful, I keep holding R2 and tapping square18x18.png while Raph slams the dummy to the floor, then I stop tapping whilst he dislocates the dummy's arm, thus completing the task. Again, I've done this over 60 times now - any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Is this trophy known to glitch?

Also, any tips on how to have an easier time defeating Karai in the Arcade Mode? I played it with Donatello a week or so back and managed to get right up to Super Shredder at the very end of the game, but I only had 2 or 3 lives left by that point, so he didn't have to try too hard to kill me. I had a lot of trouble trying to beat Karai the two times I faced her throughout the game. In the campaign, it's much easier as all 4 Turtles can attack her at the same time, but here it's just me. I must have used up 3 or 4 lives each time I fought her, so I didn't have too many left by the time I got to Super Shredder. Baxter Stockman and regular Shredder weren't too bad, but I just didn't have enough lives left to beat the final boss.
Are there any methods to make fighting Karai easier, so that I can (hopefully) reach Super Shredder again with more lives? If I managed to get a friend to play couch co-op with me, would the game become harder (more enemies, fewer lives, etc)? 1 or more friends would undoubtedly help, as we could thin out enemies in half the time and tag-team the bosses, but I'd have to wait for them to become used to the game. Bah.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone else who's managed to earn the accursed Uncle trophy provide some insight on how many times they had to perform the required action?  I'm almost at the point where I'm contemplating backing up my save to a USB stick, then starting all over again and praying that it unlocks this time around, though that's obviously not guaranteed to happen.  Did anyone other than myself and H3lixx have trouble unlocking this trophy?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone else who's managed to earn the accursed Uncle trophy provide some insight on how many times they had to perform the required action?  I'm almost at the point where I'm contemplating backing up my save to a USB stick, then starting all over again and praying that it unlocks this time around, though that's obviously not guaranteed to happen.  Did anyone other than myself and H3lixx have trouble unlocking this trophy?

you have to break the dummy's arm or neck. it worked for me. complete the tutorial 25 times and it s ok. i just hold r2 and square and raph slam the enemy on floor and broke his neck

As I said in my initial post, that's what I've been doing.  I've watched a couple of YT videos to make sure I was doing it correctly, and what I've seen in those videos is exactly what I've been doing these last 60-odd times, but the trophy just refuses to pop for me. :(

I've platted this game on three different accounts, (Ecto being my most recent) and this trophy never gave me trouble popping. THOUGH, I will say the game is a bit iffy about what it counts.

I really recommend doing these kinds of trophies in the main game against 25 different enemies, that way you can get used to it.

Why? Because guess which turtle completely dominates Karai?

C'mon, guess. He's got the best counter moves in the game, and all you have to do is get used to them. You could sit in the same spot all day mashing O, and you will catch her everytime, and every time is a potential ground pound/submission followup, which makes her teleporting useless.