Playstation iOS app to let you delete 0% trophies

DaivRules

Looks like I won't have to buy a PS4 just to delete 0% trophies. According to a Playstation App update (that was recalled, but will likely be back soon), the app will allow you to delete them on your Apple devices. 

post-68357-0-92473700-1427722682_thumb.png

I can't imagine it'll be too much longer until this ability is added to Vita/Playstation TV.

Edited by DaivRules

i personally think they should let people delete lists at any percentage if the servers close or trophies become unnatainable for some reason.

I agree that 0% makesno sense tho, since the only people who will want to deletelists are trophy hunters, and they are theonly group that highly unlikely to have any games at 0%

• Like 2

They should up the cap to 10%, most games automatically gives you a trophy just for starting the game in the first place.

It's ridiculously true.. I see the concern for accidental deletes, though. Not everyone is in a situation where their trophies are safe from siblings, bad joke friends or in some situations I could imagine, an angry spouse. But even then, if a 10% list were lost "accidentally", it's not much to get back.. There must be a better reason for this unreasonable %.

It's ridiculously true.. I see the concern for accidental deletes, though. Not everyone is in a situation where their trophies are safe from siblings, bad joke friends or in some situations I could imagine, an angry spouse. But even then, if a 10% list were lost "accidentally", it's not much to get back.. There must be a better reason for this unreasonable %.

But 10% can be a pain to get if you aim first for the online trophies.

I understand why they let delete only 0%, even if you have made progress in game you still have the save, but if someone deletes a trophy it's not backup-able like saves.

I disagree. You'd end up with a lot of hunters using it to give themselves false 100% accounts. They can do this now by hiding the <100% trophy lists if they want, but then they get the blue H of shame on here.

If there's any sanctity to the trophy system, it has to be 0% only.

Also, how would your PSN level be affected if you were allowed to delete trophies? And how long do you think it would be before some of the guys who take hunting too seriously managed to hack an account and deleted all of their rivals' trophies?

Hackers are already a problem anyway, since all they have to dois hack your account and spend money. Sony wont refund it without you closing the account anyway.

Also it wouldn't be that hard to put safeguards in - 1 list deletion per month etc.

It'll never happen, and i barely care anyway, my point was more that allowing only 0% list to be deleted is silly, as the group who care enough to delete them are the same group who careenough to probably not have hem in the first place

• Like 1

It'll never happen, and i barely care anyway, my point was more that allowing only 0% list to be deleted is silly, as the group who care enough to delete them are the same group who careenough to probably not have hem in the first place

Seems odd to me. If you care about trophies, you should care about them all.

If you only got 10% on a game, then that's all you got. Sorry if it was too hard for you, you didn't have time for a grind, or you just didn't like the game, but that's that. For whatever reason, you stopped at 10% and no more than that. You shouldn't get to pretend that you didn't leave a game at 10%, and it should be stuck to your profile just like all your plats and 100%s.

And if they were to bump it to 10%, you can bet your ass the next group of gamers would ask for it to be bumped to 20%, then 25%, etc etc. 0% is equal to all gamers/hunters.

Edit: "you" obviously is used in the impersonal here, I'm not having a go at DrBloodmoney personally.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

Seems odd to me. If you care about trophies, you should care about them all.

If you only got 10% on a game, then that's all you got. Sorry if it was too hard for you, you didn't have time for a grind, or you just didn't like the game, but that's that. For whatever reason, you stopped at 10% and no more than that. You shouldn't get to pretend that you didn't leave a game at 10%, and it should be stuck to your profile just like all your plats and 100%s.

And if they were to bump it to 10%, you can bet your ass the next group of gamers would ask for it to be bumped to 20%, then 25%, etc etc. 0% is equal to all gamers/hunters.

Edit: "you" obviously is used in the impersonal here, I'm not having a go at DrBloodmoney personally.

I dont think you understood my original point - my point was not that i want to delete trophies, my point was that if you are going to go to the trouble of fucking around with the system you shouldnt fuck it with just the tip, you should fuck it all the way, since no one who cares will benefit from the current change, and those who dont care, well..... Don't care.

I do care about all the trophies - my oustanding trophies list embarrasses the hell out of me - but there may come a time, way way in the future, when i have cleared it all the way down to only the unattainable ones. Only then would deleting lists be something worth doing, and the current change to the system wont help me there.

• Like 1

i personally think they should let people delete lists at any percentage if the servers close or trophies become unnatainable for some reason.

I agree that 0% makesno sense tho, since the only people who will want to deletelists are trophy hunters, and they are theonly group that highly unlikely to have any games at 0%

How about a chance to hide/delete all the not-100% games. Of course that would make every single trophy hunter's completion rate go 100%.

Edited by Sikatiiker

How about a chance to hide/delete all the not-100% games. Of course that would make every single trophy hunter's completion rate go 100%.

You can already hide any trophy list you want. But it is public that you have hidden a trophy list and your profile on here, for example, will display a small blue letter "H" that indicates you have hidden some trophies on your list.

I dont think you understood my original point - my point was not that i want to delete trophies, my point was that if you are going to go to the trouble of fucking around with the system you shouldnt fuck it with just the tip, you should fuck it all the way, since no one who cares will benefit from the current change, and those who dont care, well..... Don't care.

I do care about all the trophies - my oustanding trophies list embarrasses the hell out of me - but there may come a time, way way in the future, when i have cleared it all the way down to only the unattainable ones. Only then would deleting lists be something worth doing, and the current change to the system wont help me there.

I dunno, I have appreciated being able to remove the four or five 0%'s I had on my profile. And I wouldn't have said that they should go any further with the "fucking" of the system. Getting rid of a 0% is, like DaivRules has pointed out, not getting rid of anything at all really.

Why would you want to delete the lists with unobtainable trophies? Other hunters would understand that you got everything possible in the game and that it probably wasn't for lack of will that you didn't get the unobtainable ones.

I don't think it's going to happen anyway. Here's a PS Blog comments section on the issue:

+ BahumatIsBack on March 11th, 2015 at 5:16 pm said:

+ Justin Massongill on March 11th, 2015 at 5:06 pm said:

Is this what you mean for the Trophy stuff? :)

“We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.”

No. Just no. Why would you limit it to 0%. Why would you limit it at all for that matter? What about IGC games that people gave a chance to, earned 1 or 2 trophies and decided they didn’t like the game and want it removed? What about people that want to do a second play through of their game and earn trophies all over again?

It sounds like you’ve set an arbitrary number to use a feature for that part, then it sounds like you’re forcing a feature that a lot of people won’t want with a picture being taken automatically with every trophy. I hope that can be turned off. A lot of people won’t have any use for showing off their trophies like that and it’ll just be hard drive clutter that we have to clean up by hand later on

+ Scott McCarthy on March 11th, 2015 at 5:51 pm said:

I am going to back Justin up on this one. 0% is really the only way to maintain the sanctity of PS Trophies, which we fiercely guard. Any other number would be arbitrary. 

PS Scott McCarthy is from SCEA.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

You can already hide any trophy list you want. But it is public that you have hidden a trophy list and your profile on here, for example, will display a small blue letter "H" that indicates you have hidden some trophies on your list.

Yeah I've known that for ages. Don't know why I ended up using that word. Reply guaranteed.

Are the 0% games removed completely?

I remember reading somewhere that if you sync tropheis in the system you played the game for the first time the trophy set will appear again.

I deleted some PS3 0% games on my PS4 and then went and played two PS3 games and synced. The games did not get put back on the trophy list for me.