Playstation iOS app to let you delete 0% trophies

DaivRules

I deleted some PS3 0% games on my PS4 and then went and played two PS3 games and synced. The games did not get put back on the trophy list for me.

I saw the comments in these threads.
Some people are getting the trophy sets back after earning a trophy for other game and syncing.

In my opinion, I like the idea of deleting games ONLY with 0% completion. Throughout my history of trophy hunting (So far anyway) most of my games that are currently at 0% are for particular reasons. An example would be the game Dark Void. I got the game from a friend and when the game loaded up, it told me the game disc was broken/unreadable. The trophy information was loaded but I was unable to play the game at all so I could not make any progress in trophies. So I was stuck at 0%. I know this doesn't happen to everyone but in my case, most games that I have at 0%, are at 0% for understandable reasons.

In general, for me, this feature is fine the way it is.  

I agree that use of this feature is likely to be limited but I don't see any reason to object to it. Or, why not just have a game only show up in the list when the first trophy is earned? I would also agree that that percentage shouldn't be raised above 0%. If a person plays a game enough to earn a trophy or two and then quits, that should be reflected in the trophy list.

However, I do wish that a solution were found for unobtainable trophies. I don't know what that solution should be. Just deleting them, or giving them away for free, would be unfair to those who worked hard to earn them. But at the same time, having games on your trophy list that you can never get to 100%, through no fault of your own, is a drag for those of us who are bothered by incomplete games.

Trophies aren't only for people to use as "measuring sticks" against one another, or for people to judge "purity" by how many perfect scores someone has (and how few 0% scores).  There are game developers out there who use trophy data as another form of feedback on their games and value that as a tool to help them make better games.  Not all of them, mind you, but there are a few of them out there.

And perhaps the solution isn't to fuck with the system further, but for people to keep this in perspective.  Are we really that bent out of shape over a bunch of imaginary achievements that have no real value beyond whatever you deem them to be in your own little world?

Trophies aren't only for people to use as "measuring sticks" against one another, or for people to judge "purity" by how many perfect scores someone has (and how few 0% scores).  There are game developers out there who use trophy data as another form of feedback on their games and value that as a tool to help them make better games.  Not all of them, mind you, but there are a few of them out there.

That's a good point from left-field. For example, I read somewhere that Sucker Punch looked at the Infamous 2 trophy stats, and saw that more people had the good ending than the bad ending. They decided that the "good" ending to Infamous 2 should therefore become canon when they came to write Infamous: SS.

To be perfectly frank, they should let you delete any game, regardless of % - why would it bother me (or anyone else for that fact) if I decided to remove a 100% game ? it's my choice, not someone elses.

but if Sony are really adament on making things clean, they should start off with their downloads list, which is the biggest clusterfuck I have seen in years !

And let hackers delete their hacked games and get back on the leaderboard? It's bad enough they can hide games, but at least that gives them the blue H. And 100% would no longer mean anything, since people would just delete their unfinished lists. If you didn't like a game and only got 10%. too bad, that's on your list and it should be there to stay.

• Like 1

And let hackers delete their hacked games and get back on the leaderboard? It's bad enough they can hide games, but at least that gives them the blue H. And 100% would no longer mean anything, since people would just delete their unfinished lists. If you didn't like a game and only got 10%. too bad, that's on your list and it should be there to stay.

So ? if their hacked games don't apply, who cares ? I know you do, but that's beside the point, anyway they aren't hackers they are magicians (like harry potter, but who drool over trophies rather than Hermione), as well as the fact the less stupid ones don't actually get caught in any case

On topic, I should be allowed to remove any game I wish, or more correctly if I can remove 0% games, I should be able to remove 100% games - otherwise they are just being meanies.

On topic, I should be allowed to remove any game I wish, or more correctly if I can remove 0% games, I should be able to remove 100% games - otherwise they are just being meanies.

Why should you? 

This update was not about removing trophies from an account, that is why it is limited to 0% games. It can only be 0%, otherwise what you're asking for is something completely different.

I definitely don't want the ability to delete trophies to be added in any shape or form. Just the function to do so would introduce the potential for so many problems, such as account hijackers, Sony/console errors, or even simple accidents.

If it's really that much of a problem, just make the lists private.

• Like 2

If you can delete any trophy list then EVERYONE will have a 100% completion profile, and where is the fun in that? Personally I'm more than happy with my 80%+ completion rating.

If you have games at less than 100% completion that you're not happy about then tough. It serves as a reminder that A - You didn't like the game enough to get all the trophies B - You weren't good enough at the game to get all of the trophies, or C - You started playing it too late because of online trophies and potentially discontinued servers.

Now deleting games at 0% completion is different because you aren't really deleting anything in truth. You're not deleting any gained trophies at least. You are deleting a trophy list for a game that you or somebody else that maybe borrowed your console started by mistake.

There's far too much ungrateful whining going on for my liking when it comes to this. Just be grateful Sony even added the feature in the first place :-)

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891
  • Like 2

Nope 'till Sony allows this.

Not to mention if they ever allow it (which I highly doubt) Will break the whole Trophy and rarity system plus the leaderboards on this site. Everyone would have 100% completion all the time. On my opinion letting people to delete games with 0% is too much as well.

• Like 1

Not to mention if they ever allow it (which I highly doubt) Will break the whole Trophy and rarity system plus the leaderboards on this site. Everyone would have 100% completion all the time. On my opinion letting people to delete games with 0% is too much as well.

Depends how they implement it. They could go by giving everyone a set amount like (5-50) throughout the account's lifespan. It would make people think more harder and solve the problem altogether. Anyway, I don't understand people these days, complete the game on a dummy account then speed rush or complete it fully on your real accounts. 

Why should you? 

This update was not about removing trophies from an account, that is why it is limited to 0% games. It can only be 0%, otherwise what you're asking for is something completely different.

I definitely don't want the ability to delete trophies to be added in any shape or form. Just the function to do so would introduce the potential for so many problems, such as account hijackers, Sony/console errors, or even simple accidents.

If it's really that much of a problem, just make the lists private.

Because freedom of choice.

To be completely honest I couldn't give a flying one if you could remove 0%, 10% or 100% because I don't care what others think about my trophies or profile, I don't believe that their is a greater being who will grant me 100 virgins once I get to 100% completion, but I may be wrong. I do however think that this update is about as usefull as teapot made out of white chocolate.

If Sony are actually worry about cleanliness, they should sort out their store, not trophy lists - but that is as likely as a pig growing wings and taking off for new ventures.

So ? if their hacked games don't apply, who cares ? I know you do, but that's beside the point, anyway they aren't hackers they are magicians (like harry potter, but who drool over trophies rather than Hermione), as well as the fact the less stupid ones don't actually get caught in any case

Have you even read the books or seen the movies? Harry got with Ginny, and he never fancied Hermione. wtf.

On topic, hacked games always apply. Or at least they should. If you hacked a game, you've proven yourself to be an untrustworthy, unsportsman-like "gamer" and should thus no longer be trusted at all. Deleting the games just encourages hacking, because hey, if I get caught, I can just delete it, right?

What possible reason other than hacking could you have for hiding a 100%? Want to alter your milestones? Want to hide "shameful" platinums like Hannah Montana? I truly do not understand.

Deleting 0% lists is the only option we should ever have when it comes to deleting lists, and it's a great feature to have.

Because freedom of choice.

Ok, so professional sportsmen should be allowed to cheat and break the rules and do anything necessary to beat everyone else, because of "freedom of choice"? No, they shouldn't, and they aren't allowed to. Same here, deleting lists allows hackers to get back with no "H for hacker" tag on their profile. And it allows people who suck at certain games to get 100% overall completion and look legit, when in actuality they're just lying to themselves and decieving everyone who cares to look at their profile.

Edited by madbuk

If people could delete any lists, I would delete my NFS Shift 2: Unleashed. Sadly I can't, so I must stick playing that crap until I finish it.

Good thing is, it taught me to always test games on an alternative PS3 user before adding it to my main account.

• Like 1

Have you even read the books or seen the movies? Harry got with Ginny, and he never fancied Hermione. wtf.

*bleh, usual comments on CB*

No and no, and I never will - it was just a comparison

for the whole bleh thing ... H means hidden not hacked, and as you know, I really couldn't give two about that sort of thing.

Also if you actually believe the better hackers get caught, then I may have to giggle like a girl for a few minutes.

Finally, this wasn't about trophy hacking, but removing trophy lists from a profile

• 4 months later...