Everything 1-shots me in NG, how can they make NG+ any harder?

AkariKamigishi

I'm currently in Lower Phtumeran Chalice, fighting the Layer 3 boss... Rom, of all things. Basically every enemy on the way kills me in 1-2 hits, but the worst is Rom's spiders, who 1-shot me with almost every attack.

I'm level 75, my HP is level 29, I have almost 1100 life. How am I supposed to beat this stuff when I have no room for error?

I'm pretty sure Chalice dungeons aren't affected by what NG you're in, but rather your equipment and Level.

When beating Rom in the Chalice dungeon i'd recommend actually taking out every single spider since you don't have as much room to run away. Dodge to the side of one just as it's attacking you and slash its back 2-3 times to kill it safely. Rinse and repeat. Chip away Rom's health until he spawns more spiders. Whenever he spawns his meteorites roll like crazy.

I'm currently in Lower Phtumeran Chalice, fighting the Layer 3 boss... Rom, of all things. Basically every enemy on the way kills me in 1-2 hits, but the worst is Rom's spiders, who 1-shot me with almost every attack.

I'm level 75, my HP is level 29, I have almost 1100 life. How am I supposed to beat this stuff when I have no room for error?

Based on your description and what happy kastanie is saying, that is a particularly nasty place. Is that location a requirement for beating the game and or a specific trophy?

I'm pretty sure Chalice dungeons aren't affected by what NG you're in, but rather your equipment and Level.

When beating Rom in the Chalice dungeon i'd recommend actually taking out every single spider since you don't have as much room to run away. Dodge to the side of one just as it's attacking you and slash its back 2-3 times to kill it safely. Rinse and repeat. Chip away Rom's health until he spawns more spiders. Whenever he spawns his meteorites roll like crazy.

I thought I couldn't, but turns out I could hide behind the pillars to avoid the meteorites. I used that to chip away at the little spiders and eventually get him 1v1 for an easier win.

This game is really frustrating because I can't completely grasp the gun parry mechanic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, even at the same time during an attack. The last boss was a great example of that for me. I ended up wasting all my bullets for like 3 viscerals.

Edit: I have to be here to beat the Yharnam Queen, sadly. Not gonna be fun.

Edited by AkariKamigishi

After having read this, I was dreading the fact that I would have to take him on.

It was actually pretty easy though. I just took out the first group of spiders, then used the beast item and enchanted my weapon. Then I threw my strongest attacks at him, taking about 50% of its HP, (he actually spawned 2 groups of spiders because of it) and then stayed in melee range, hitting him for the rest of its HP. He just sat there rolling over and using an attack that never actually hit me.

Now I'm worried for this half health dungeon coming up. That just sounds just awful.

For Rom, you need Arcane defense for the semi-homing magic, On the first half of the battle take out the little spiders running behind them, they go down in 1 or 2 hits max., when it is clear go Apeshit on Rom, use some fire if you have it, its health bar should be half before it teleports, for the second half HIT and RUN, don't stop or the magic shots will kill you in no time, ignore the spiders, dance around them, hit Rom and pull back, and did I mention...? RUN!

For Rom, you need Arcane defense for the semi-homing magic, On the first half of the battle take out the little spiders running behind them, they go down in 1 or 2 hits max., when it is clear go Apeshit on Rom, use some fire if you have it, its health bar should be half before it teleports, for the second half HIT and RUN, don't stop or the magic shots will kill you in no time, ignore the spiders, dance around them, hit Rom and pull back, and did I mention...? RUN!

If you just stay behind pillars, you don't need to run much, and you'll never get hit by magic. Worked well for me, along with being sure to kill ALL little spiders. Defiled boss 2 was far harder, but I semi-cheated my way to making it easier enough to win (just by raising my HP enough so that I didn't get 1-shot anymore).

Yup, the dungeon version of Rom is hard. He often has a wall behind him and the area is smaller than the lake one. I was so frustrated with the comets insta-killing me whenever I wasn't hiding behind the pillar (dodging didn't help). The key to winning this is patience. Stand behind a pillar, let the spiders come to you (taunt them with a few rolls across the room).

And the most important tip: don't be afraid to ask for help! Two blades are better than one and co-op is hell of a fun in this game.

Yup, the dungeon version of Rom is hard. He often has a wall behind him and the area is smaller than the lake one. I was so frustrated with the comets insta-killing me whenever I wasn't hiding behind the pillar (dodging didn't help). The key to winning this is patience. Stand behind a pillar, let the spiders come to you (taunt them with a few rolls across the room).

And the most important tip: don't be afraid to ask for help! Two blades are better than one and co-op is hell of a fun in this game.

I don't understand how co-op in chalice works. The other person needs your glyph to join, but then they also need to progress in it to keep up with you? Kind of annoying. Ah well, got my plat, I'm happy. Ihyll bosses were REALLY not fun.

I don't understand how co-op in chalice works. The other person needs your glyph to join, but then they also need to progress in it to keep up with you? Kind of annoying. Ah well, got my plat, I'm happy. Ihyll bosses were REALLY not fun.

I thought the Queen was a pretty cool battle. I don't want to give anything away, but the way she attacks you was pretty disturbing.

The Bloodletting Beast on Depth 5 Layer 2 was much harder for me.

I thought the Queen was a pretty cool battle. I don't want to give anything away, but the way she attacks you was pretty disturbing.

The Bloodletting Beast on Depth 5 Layer 2 was much harder for me.

Phtumerian Descendant was far harder for me when I tried to actually fight him. When I gave up and just attempted non stop parries, then it went better. When I reached Bloodletting Beast, I really had no idea what was going on because he was so big and I couldn't see his attacks from his feet. I was just doing a ton of damage and sometimes but not always taking a ton of damage back, so eventually I did more damage than he did and won.

Queen was... cool, but that stun mechanic made no sense and was so damn random.