Harder or Easier than Dark Souls?

GaryHyphenJon

On 07/05/2019 at 7:25 AM, Silencer0004 said:

I couldn't stand the pacing and the playstyle. Compared to Lords of the Fallen, Dark Souls 1 seems to be as fast paced as Sekiro or DMC.

I just finished the second of three playthroughs on NG+ and the pacing issue is much more noticeable second time around.

I have really high stats and poise, but I lose all my energy blocking an attack. And it feels like I'm super easy to interrupt. Nearly like being stun locked but without the instant death. Just makes the game really laggy. Fight more than one enemy at a time and good luck getting a hit in. Swing, get interrupted. Stagger, get interrupted. Get knocked back, get interrupted.

I only died once in NG+ fighting two of those damn mage things at the same time. But in that ENTIRE playthrough I never amassed enough XP for a single level. Third time I'm just doing boss rush. Forget this game and it's useless NG+s

• Like 1

It's the way the character swings his weapons that irks me, a problem that  The Surge had too mind you. Anyway, savescum for 3 flawless luck runes, get the codex greatsword after you kill Infiltrator, go on until you get Last Will, give the other 2 flawless to your  armor set so that you cam bulk up on defense without  being unable to roll, and you're pretty much set for the platinum.

Oh, infinite voids are bugged, you must complete all of them in ng. Running R2 also happens to be the best attack most of the time, due to the speed.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

Objectively easier than Soulsborne if you are new to the series.

Subjectively....alot, lot harder just because... Lords of the Fallen is NOT a fun game. I could get plastered a thousand times in any Soulsborne game and ask for more just because how good those games are... in LotF case I couldn't continue the game it bored me to the point of no return. Perhaps one day I will return to it but it won't be any time soon.

Also the sword combat feels like I am slapping someone with a tuna fish.

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Subjectively....alot, lot harder just because... Lords of the Fallen is NOT a fun game.

Came here to say this. I couldn't finish Lords of the Fallen or The Surge because they just weren't fun to play.

• Like 1

On 8.5.2019 at 10:21 AM, soniq said:

Came here to say this. I couldn't finish Lords of the Fallen or The Surge because they just weren't fun to play.

Lords of the Fallen is the worst mentionable Soulslike IMHO but I love The Surge, played until NG+++ and just bought the DLCs recently.

On 08/05/2019 at 5:58 PM, Copanele said:

Objectively easier than Soulsborne if you are new to the series.

Subjectively....alot, lot harder just because... Lords of the Fallen is NOT a fun game. I could get plastered a thousand times in any Soulsborne game and ask for more just because how good those games are... in LotF case I couldn't continue the game it bored me to the point of no return. Perhaps one day I will return to it but it won't be any time soon.

Also the sword combat feels like I am slapping someone with a tuna fish.

This. I played all the FromSoft games right into NG++++ and they still felt fun and like there were new things to keep discovering. Lords doesn't have that at all.

There is literally no benefit or reward for going beyond NG. Enemies give you about the same amount of XP, bosses are only marginally tougher. No new weapons, no new gear. If you repeat a side quest you get no new reward. You just hope you find enough Attribute Shards to level up a bit because the XP system is busted.

By NG++ I just did a boss rush run. Ignored everything except bosses and finished the game in about 3 hours. IMO Infiltrator is the only tough boss simply because he pounces faster. The rest are all the same: big lumbering guys who are easy to side step and telegraph their moves a mile away. Use Shift magic and you can take down bosses on NG++ in about four hits.

But weirdly I had the most trouble with those little spiky enemies in NG++. Often they'd attack in pairs, they spot you from four rooms away, and they kind of stun lock you in this weird way. It's not insta-death, but they just keep interrupting your swings so you can't actually get a hit in. It's more annoying than anything else. And the whole last leg of the game is mobs of enemies and this is not a game designed for fighting mobs.

Question bout Batman Arkham Asylum what’s the number of pick up question mark trophies are there in all not challenges but just riddler trophies

im trying to get 100% and I looked it up online and web don’t tell me the number it just says 240 challenges not how many trophies I need a breakdown showing number of challenges categorized in type teeth riddles trophies and spirit of Armadeus Arkham ty

1 minute ago, Cfb261991 said:

Question bout Batman Arkham Asylum what’s the number of pick up question mark trophies are there in all not challenges but just riddler trophies

im trying to get 100% and I looked it up online and web don’t tell me the number it just says 240 challenges not how many trophies I need a breakdown showing number of challenges categorized in type teeth riddles trophies and spirit of Armadeus Arkham ty

Edited by Cfb261991