Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shell_cup

Is This Worth Buying?

17 posts in this topic

Recently this game has come on sale on the PS Store for $7.55 AUD (~$5.75 US) and I was considering buying it.  I'm playing through Lords of the Fallen and am interested in Bloodborne so is it worth picking up?

Absolutely. Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of all time and the best RPG I played on the PS3. If you are into brutal, atmospheric, fantasy role-playing games, Demon's Souls quality will overwhelm its slightly dated mechanics. 

An absolutely here too!  You really can go wrong with it, especially at that price, only drawback might be how empty the servers might be (I think they're still up), which can possibly impact world tendencies IIRC, but the game is a gem and well worth it...still the best out of the three Souls games!    

On top of what the others above have said about the game, a game where you can get 100+ hours out of it is definitely worth the price of even $10. I picked up the game myself a couple of days ago ^-^

Absolutely. Once you finish that game, play Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne. All amazing games. 

Edited by Lilseb93

I think the Demons souls servers are still functioning, like all of the above, this game is easily worth the cost. I intend on going for platinum after I finish Bloodborne and DS2.

Yes.

Its a beautiful, brutal nightmare

It's rare that you get almost unanimous support for a game.  It really is that good!  Very steep learning curve and after you die 30 times on the first fraction of the level you'll want to powerslam the PS3 and curse us all, but stick with it and it's extremely rewarding. Some trophies are tough but there's a good wiki for all the Souls' games if you need help, especially with bosses and rare drops (which you can influence). Good luck

Demon Souls is the hardest among 3 Souls games so if you are having diffuculty in Lords of the Fallen you'll most likely stumble aloooot in Demon Souls. That being said Demon Souls is one of my favorite games of all time. Well all the souls games and bloodbourne is basically

Demon's Souls is absolutely god-tier.

Yeah, it's awesome.

It's a bit harder to influence world tendencies now (making platinum a bit more difficult) and EXTREMELY difficult to do anything to do with phantoms (being one, getting one, etc. is almost impossible; otherwise the servers for text and ghosts is great), but it's a truly excellent game. It was this game that got me so excited about the Souls series; I'm currently loving Dark Souls and will be picking up Bloodborne soon too.

Please get it :D

As per everyone's recommendation, I went ahead and bought the game.  Wish me luck.

Definetly and If you haven't played any other souls game and you plan on doing it then you should start with this.

As per everyone's recommendation, I went ahead and bought the game.  Wish me luck.

Prepare to die ;)