Missed Cleric Beast?

IrishNexus

Just wanted to ask a quick question, was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I've heard the Cleric Beast is the first boss of the game, however I played through a large portion of the Yharnam area and got to Father Gascoigne, beat him, and have progressed further past his part using the gate in his area.

I have not once encountered the Cleric Beast, does anyone know where he is supposed to spawn?

He is on the Great Bridge. You must have been on it to get to Father. You either dropped down on the right or went through the dark building on the left (with the wheelchair gunner). Instead of turning off of the bridge, you keep going towards the large doors at the end of it. 

More detail: after you go through that initial bonfire courtyard with the brute pounding on the door. You go around to the brute and kill him, then go up the stairs and fight a few guys and a couple of dogs. Go up the stairs again and you're on the bridge. 

Edited by MatCauthon

That's what happens with optional bosses. They can be missed. It's pretty crazy you've been on the bridge farming, but never ran to the end of both sides.

Cleric beast was my second boss though. I found Father before cleric naturally.