Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DuzZito

Any of you have helpfull tips for the battle with rom the vacous

20 posts in this topic

I am going on my thirty second attempt and so far the two stragedys I use 1. Killing his minions 2. Ignoring the spiders, have not worked. Im almost at the boiling point of breaking my dullshock, do any of you have another tip I could use?

Using fire/Bolt paper and summonig someone else to your world.

I dont feel like going the trial and error route anymore do you know which papers more effective?

I spent almost an hour failing on Rom, until I used up my storage worth of vials (had about 20 or so in there) and decided having another go wasn't the best idea with only 7 of the things left, lol.

I tried both ignoring and killing his little spiders as well; the latter was more comfortable because the little bastards can cause some real problems, having to deal with more and more of them everytime he teleports, but killing them seems to take forever unless you want to risk getting unnecessarily pounced on by one. Not to mention the fact that constantly dodging Rom's attacks make the job take even longer.

First boss I've had any real issues with since I finally beat Blood-starved Beast, but hopefully now I've farmed some vials I'll be able to try again after some much needed sleep :P

Question though: is there any requirement for using bolt paper? I've tried using it but it just won't apply to my weapon :S

I went to farm and I found a weapon called tonitrus which makes bolt paper useless (+64 bolt damage). You know for me at least it seems like an equalizer, spiders get one hit + major combo damage. Still I am having one more problem, the many blue rocks rom throws at you are nearly unavoidable they always seem to be the death of me. Well here I go again good luck to you!

Yah I defeated rom on the second go with the new weapon. My advice to you is after his transformation dont be greedy one or two hits max.

After failing a couple of times I decided to ignore the smal spiders and just concentrate on Rom. Beat him first try after that.

Here's a video of my run, but not sure if it helps:

This is one of the worse bosses in the game, kind of like the Four Kings were in DS. You really need to have high VIT or else it's incredibly hard. When I first tried, all the spiders killed me in one hit.
The boss is weak to lightning, so use Bolt Paper. There's usually plenty of people throwing out summons there, so you could try that. 
As far as fighting itself goes, I'd recommend a hit and run tactic. Run to his side, use a charge attack and retreat. Just watch for the spider so they dont create a cluster around you, other then that ignore them completely. You can defeat all the 3 phases like this.

I just tried again and beat him on today's first try. I took the opportunity while Rom is passive to kill the first lot of spiders, and after his initial teleport I just ignored the rest and went for him alone, dodging his attacks and trying to stay out of the way of any other little buggers. I'll try to remember not to take on bosses when I'm tired as hell next time ;)

Yah I agree rom was the toughest so far the only one who made me go back more than twice. The next big bad I got to was amygdala killed him the first time it seemed to be a cake walk.

I made a note for everyone to see it says "Bolt is effective"  :P

Ok you just need to kill all of its minions for the first and second stage and then after he teleports for the second time you go straight for his body and focus on taking him out.

I made sure that when I was fighting him I would only hit him two, maybe three times and then get out of there. When I was getting greedy with strikes is when he would punish me. But if you are having that much trouble I would definatly call some help via co-op. You can do it man.

Kill the little spiders then use a Bone Marrow Ash and spam the flamethrower on him. I was able to get him around 50% health on his passive round.

Here's a video similar to how I did it:

Edited by BhekifaZ

I ignored his minions and just went straight for him using the axe weapon. Whenever the minions would start getting to close i'd run away. When Rom started doing that projectile attack thing I almost died but kept going. I was able to kill him my first try!

Ignore thespiders, just use two hand strong attack

Never liked the "ignore the spiders" strategy. You'll end up having 30 of those crawling around, which makes reaching the boss nearly impossible. When you add AOE attacks to that, you'll waste more time dodging and running away than if you'd just get rid of the spiders the moment they spawn.

If you're having serious problems defeating this boss I'd honestly suggest killing the spiders. They die after 1-2 hits from behind (or sides) so it only takes a minute to clear 10 of them every time they spawn.

I too ignore the spiders and as weird as it sounds, i didnt lock on to him with R3. the target lock kept going after the smaller spiders or his head when what you really want to target are his sides. Go in fast roll past the spiders and stab him in the side and then look to wherever else he may be hiding. I was using the ax by the way(two hands) this way during my  flailing at his sides any smaller spiders in range would get hit as well. 

Not to upset you but if you are going for the plat  you have to fight him again in the chalice dungeons the only difference is that the arena is smaller in the dungeon. Good luck.

Edited by stitchesnscars

The other spiders are on the map, just not visible. If you run around and kill them off first, she can't summon any more when she teleports.

My strategy was to just spam bolt paper and slam her arachnid arse with my charged axe R2. It helped keep the other spiders away and did hilarious amounts of damage.

If you have the dps you can take him out in two combos. I totally ignored the spiders and charged the two handed attack to hit it off.

If you have lots of VIT you can push your luck a bit by equipping extra visc att recovery and keep hacking away

Easiest method would be just summoning a phantom

I did the opposite of everyone else and killed all the little spiders before attacking Rom. There are audio cues letting you know when to dodge his crystal attacks and his AOE attack is very easy to recognize. Also, I used targeting for all the spiders and Rom. I'd try to pick off the ones on the outside of the pack by circling around them as they paused before they tried to attack and killed them with a couple of quick hits. Don't be greedy with the little guys. Get two hits and then evade away because another one is about to hit you now matter you're at on the map.