Very beneficial glitch - Initiation DLC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. If this still works, this will save many hours for many people. :)

On the flip side of that coin, the DLC was like $7 so, it would be dumb to pay money only to glitch the trophies, rather than enjoying the content. :dunno:

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

Not bad, but I'll enjoy it the right way (nothing wrong with a glitch, trust me lol). Got the Ultimate Edition when it was on sale, so I'll enjoy knocking this out. Still gotta boost the hell out of the MP also. Gonna set up a session for this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to give this glitch a shot because after 3 playthroughs and 3 sets of challenges, I'm getting pretty sick of the game.

I deleted the only file located in the Game Data Utility and proceeded to restart the game.

1. It forces you to install the data without any option to cancel/back.

2. There was no prompt for "The latest version...v1.02...etc etc" that came up.

I earned 3 stars in one of the combat challenges and nothing happened. Not sure what the issue is but, sad face panda for no trophies. :(

I decided to give this glitch a shot because after 3 playthroughs and 3 sets of challenges, I'm getting pretty sick of the game.

I deleted the only file located in the Game Data Utility and proceeded to restart the game.

1. It forces you to install the data without any option to cancel/back.

2. There was no prompt for "The latest version...v1.02...etc etc" that came up.

I earned 3 stars in one of the combat challenges and nothing happened. Not sure what the issue is but, sad face panda for no trophies. :(

If it isn't allowing you to choice to start the game without the update file, try turning off the wi-fi on your PS3. That way there's no way it can update the game. Then delete the instal data and try again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying this for the digital version of the game and I can confirm that it works like a charm. After deleting the game, re-downloading it and re-installing it, all I did was denied the update at the beginning, started a new game, got to the point where you first unlock the training challenges in the Batcave, and earned all 3 medals on the very first one. After that, both of them unlocked within 15-20 seconds of each other. Thank you, Kavatus for confirming that this method works for the digital copy; it helped me get the 100% on this game.

Edited by RedHarvest17
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just tried this glitch on my disc version and it works. I made sure to copy my data with v1.06 to usb, then went to the game data utility and deleted both data. Then I turned off the internet and reinstalled the game, my normal file was already their, without any updates. So I just selected the normal game data (I paid for dlc before, the cold heart dlc didn't show up on menu, with reinstall), did the first training map with x15 multiplayer, earned the 3 medals and both the trophies for the initiation popped. You don't have to start a new game, just use your existing file. Normally I don't use glitch's, but these map's are a pain to grind and I had to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m confused how to do this glitch. I’d rather not spend $7 on some challenge packs. I’m able to play the game without any patches (I have disc) but I’m not sure which mission(S) I’m supposed to get 3 stars on. I’ve got 3 stars on the first 3 Training Missions,3 stars on one of the ranked missions, & 2 on the custom.

If you read my previous post and did everything correct, you only need to do it on 1 of the training missions. Just replay the first mission with the x15 multiplier, just make sure you have deleted the patch in the xmb menu, as mentioned on the op posts. You have to install the patch first and then delete the patch in the xmb menu, replay the 1st training mission and both trophy's will pop.

On 2019-12-05 at 10:06 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

If you read my previous post and did everything correct, you only need to do it on 1 of the training missions. Just replay the first mission with the x15 multiplier, just make sure you have deleted the patch in the xmb menu, as mentioned on the op posts. You have to install the patch first and then delete the patch in the xmb menu, replay the 1st training mission and both trophy's will pop.

Sweet! I'll check it out soon. I played the game without installing any patches & was wondering why it wasn't working. It doesn't help the game was super buggy so now Blackmask's sidequest is completely unbeatable for me.

I just got asked this, so I will repost what I did in order to get the glitch to work. It's been a long time since I did this glitch and I just did the exact thing the op did, download the patch, delete the patch, did the x15 training map and both trophy's popped.

1- Install the game with the latest update v1.06 patch

2- Copy the saved data to usb, as a backup and delete both game data in the game data utility. (especially the patch, as it won't work)

3- Turn off your internet and updates, very important to do this, otherwise it will reinstall the v1.06 patch.

4- Reinstall the game again, you should now have just v1.01 installed. Your game data should be still their, if not copy it back.

5- Load up your game and go to the training map, do the x15 multiplayer again and both trophy's will pop.

Hope this helps to clear things up. Now back to grinding my tales of...Titles.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, ninjagirl657 said:

I just got asked this, so I will repost what I did in order to get the glitch to work. It's been a long time since I did this glitch and I just did the exact thing the op did, download the patch, delete the patch, did the x15 training map and both trophy's popped.

1- Install the game with the latest update v1.06 patch

2- Copy the saved data to usb, as a backup and delete both game data in the game data utility. (especially the patch, as it won't work)

3- Turn off your internet and updates, very important to do this, otherwise it will reinstall the v1.06 patch.

4- Reinstall the game again, you should now have just v1.01 installed. Your game data should be still their, if not copy it back.

5- Load up your game and go to the training map, do the x15 multiplayer again and both trophy's will pop.

Hope this helps to clear things up. Now back to grinding my tales of...Titles.

I appreciate the steps. As for me, I have the digital copy and there is no game data in the game data utility. I have started a new file to see if that will remedy it, to no avail. I'm not keen to delete it a 3rd time as the game now requires more Memory to reinstall.

Personally, I'm fine redoing them. I just wanted to capture this method on film to add to my guide, but I had no such luck.