SEBi_1899

Very beneficial glitch - Initiation DLC

16 posts in this topic

hey guys, there is a pretty nice glitch which unlocks both initiation dlc trophies without completing the requirements. I have read about this glitch on http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/batman-arkham-origins/guide/:

"GLITCH: There is a very beneficial glitch involving the DLC. Provided you have the patch installed, delete it, and upon getting 3 medals in a training challenge you'll unlock BOTH Initiation DLC trophies, whether you have the DLC or not. If you've done all of them already, replaying any one will have the same effect."

So simply delete the patch in the xmb menu, get 3 medals on any training challenge and you unlock the two DLC trophies ;)

Nice find, thanks for saving me money lol. :)

Wow. If this still works, this will save many hours for many people. :)

On the flip side of that coin, the DLC was like $7 so, it would be dumb to pay money only to glitch the trophies, rather than enjoying the content. :dunno:

Edited by effdeegee

Not bad, but I'll enjoy it the right way (nothing wrong with a glitch, trust me lol). Got the Ultimate Edition when it was on sale, so I'll enjoy knocking this out. Still gotta boost the hell out of the MP also. Gonna set up a session for this weekend.

Wow. If this still works, this will save many hours for many people. :)

On the flip side of that coin, the DLC was like $7 so, it would be dumb to pay money only to glitch the trophies, rather than enjoying the content. :dunno:

it works even without owning the dlc ;)

Recently bought this game and tried to do the glitch. It was unsuccessful. Can anyone guide me through this method? Sorry if you all think I'm stupid lol

I decided to give this glitch a shot because after 3 playthroughs and 3 sets of challenges, I'm getting pretty sick of the game.

I deleted the only file located in the Game Data Utility and proceeded to restart the game.

1. It forces you to install the data without any option to cancel/back.

2. There was no prompt for "The latest version...v1.02...etc etc" that came up.

I earned 3 stars in one of the combat challenges and nothing happened. Not sure what the issue is but, sad face panda for no trophies. :(

I decided to give this glitch a shot because after 3 playthroughs and 3 sets of challenges, I'm getting pretty sick of the game.

I deleted the only file located in the Game Data Utility and proceeded to restart the game.

1. It forces you to install the data without any option to cancel/back.

2. There was no prompt for "The latest version...v1.02...etc etc" that came up.

I earned 3 stars in one of the combat challenges and nothing happened. Not sure what the issue is but, sad face panda for no trophies. :(

If it isn't allowing you to choice to start the game without the update file, try turning off the wi-fi on your PS3. That way there's no way it can update the game. Then delete the instal data and try again :)

Thanks for this! Just tried this and it worked! Sucks I already bought the DLC but at least it saves me time.

I'm assuming that the digital copy comes pre-patched, so this will only work if you own the disc version. Can anyone confirm whether or not I'm right about that?

Anyone still wondering, this does work on digital version of the game. Though you have delete whole game first if you have patched it earlier. 

Finally got around to trying this for the digital version of the game and I can confirm that it works like a charm. After deleting the game, re-downloading it and re-installing it, all I did was denied the update at the beginning, started a new game, got to the point where you first unlock the training challenges in the Batcave, and earned all 3 medals on the very first one. After that, both of them unlocked within 15-20 seconds of each other. Thank you, Kavatus for confirming that this method works for the digital copy; it helped me get the 100% on this game.

Edited by RedHarvest17

Guys I have a question:

will I lose my online exp if I delete the game data? I wish to try and do this glitch.

Thanks everyone :)

this glitch still works for digital copies as well after all these years.. 

only start your game offline after reinstalling the game not to be forced by updating to ver. 1.06

Just tried this glitch on my disc version and it works. I made sure to copy my data with v1.06 to usb, then went to the game data utility and deleted both data. Then I turned off the internet and reinstalled the game, my normal file was already their, without any updates. So I just selected the normal game data (I paid for dlc before, the cold heart dlc didn't show up on menu, with reinstall), did the first training map with x15 multiplayer, earned the 3 medals and both the trophies for the initiation popped. You don't have to start a new game, just use your existing file. Normally I don't use glitch's, but these map's are a pain to grind and I had to try it out.

If i knew about this i would've bought the Cold, Cold Heart DLC pack separately instead of buying the season pass! (which doesn't even give you everything anyway! 10$ down the drain, ugh.