Very beneficial glitch - Initiation DLC

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2015 at 0:31 PM, SEBi_1899 said:

hey guys, there is a pretty nice glitch which unlocks both initiation dlc trophies without completing the requirements. I have read about this glitch on http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/batman-arkham-origins/guide/:

"GLITCH: There is a very beneficial glitch involving the DLC. Provided you have the patch installed, delete it, and upon getting 3 medals in a training challenge you'll unlock BOTH Initiation DLC trophies, whether you have the DLC or not. If you've done all of them already, replaying any one will have the same effect."

So simply delete the patch in the xmb menu, get 3 medals on any training challenge and you unlock the two DLC trophies ;)

Huh never knew about this. Will have to try it :D 

• 1 month later...

To tell u the truth i rather save $7 and time but my question on this forum is will it consider it as a strike on psnp if I do the glitch? Cause I got the physical copy and the thing I don’t want is someone to report me and say I’m cheating for saving a couple of hours on redoing all the challenges as Bruce 

2 hours ago, Strike-Runner said:

To tell u the truth i rather save $7 and time but my question on this forum is will it consider it as a strike on psnp if I do the glitch? Cause I got the physical copy and the thing I don’t want is someone to report me and say I’m cheating for saving a couple of hours on redoing all the challenges as Bruce 

To my knowledge. No. Glitches in games are allowed, but using external tools aren’t. eg popping every trophy automatically, etc. Might wanna check out PSNprofiles rules or contact a moderator.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, ninjagirl657 said:

I just got asked this, so I will repost what I did in order to get the glitch to work. It's been a long time since I did this glitch and I just did the exact thing the op did, download the patch, delete the patch, did the x15 training map and both trophy's popped.

1- Install the game with the latest update v1.06 patch

2- Copy the saved data to usb, as a backup and delete both game data in the game data utility. (especially the patch, as it won't work)

3- Turn off your internet and updates, very important to do this, otherwise it will reinstall the v1.06 patch.

4- Reinstall the game again, you should now have just v1.01 installed. Your game data should be still their, if not copy it back.

5- Load up your game and go to the training map, do the x15 multiplayer again and both trophy's will pop.

Hope this helps to clear things up. Now back to grinding my tales of...Titles.

What is missing here is that you need to save you game between steps one and two. I was having problems Because my save was before The initiation dlc release, then I Just earned one medal today in v1.06 to force a save and it worked after I delete The patch. Also you only need to delete The 71mb file if you have The disc version. If you have The digital one, The patch Will be attached to The big file, so you Will only have one big file available to delete

• Like 2

93986175_227565028331124_3636933685837561856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=j5-RF5LpczYAX-_22co&_nc_ht=scontent.fwaw5-1.fna&oh=30a5cd59368049e77cdffb1126137504&oe=5EC56DFA

Still works ;). Downloaded digital version, turned off the internet, and launched the game, from the singleplayer menu I chose combat training, or however it's called and after getting 3 medals, both trophies popped. To be fair though, the first trophy from the DLC popped after I finished the trial with just one or two stars, after finishing with 3 the second trophy popped.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, ninjagirl657 said:

I just got asked this, so I will repost what I did in order to get the glitch to work. It's been a long time since I did this glitch and I just did the exact thing the op did, download the patch, delete the patch, did the x15 training map and both trophy's popped.

1- Install the game with the latest update v1.06 patch

2- Copy the saved data to usb, as a backup and delete both game data in the game data utility. (especially the patch, as it won't work)

3- Turn off your internet and updates, very important to do this, otherwise it will reinstall the v1.06 patch.

4- Reinstall the game again, you should now have just v1.01 installed. Your game data should be still their, if not copy it back.

5- Load up your game and go to the training map, do the x15 multiplayer again and both trophy's will pop.

Hope this helps to clear things up. Now back to grinding my tales of...Titles.

Thanks, followed your steps and it worked like a charm, got both trophies on the first challenge!

On 22-4-2020 at 1:28 PM, HaserPL said:

93986175_227565028331124_3636933685837561856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=j5-RF5LpczYAX-_22co&_nc_ht=scontent.fwaw5-1.fna&oh=30a5cd59368049e77cdffb1126137504&oe=5EC56DFA

Still works ;). Downloaded digital version, turned off the internet, and launched the game, from the singleplayer menu I chose combat training, or however it's called and after getting 3 medals, both trophies popped. To be fair though, the first trophy from the DLC popped after I finished the trial with just one or two stars, after finishing with 3 the second trophy popped.

This didn’t work for me. I have a save game from 2015 which I loaded on the 1.00 version of the game. Is there something I’ve missed? 
Completed the first combat training with 3 stars, but no trophies. I did pop a trophy that I already had, though. For completing all training missions. 

7 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

This didn’t work for me. I have a save game from 2015 which I loaded on the 1.00 version of the game. Is there something I’ve missed? 

Maybe the reason it didn't work is because of your save file? I dunno, I played on a blank save before even starting the campaign.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Maybe the reason it didn't work is because of your save file? I dunno, I played on a blank save before even starting the campaign.

Thanks for your answer! I'm going to try that as well :)

Edit: playing on a new save file did the trick. Popped both trophies. 

Edited by Sten_dardo

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit it actually worked..

For real though, I normally don't do glitches but after doing all of the challenges in ranked, then all of them again in custom, then all of them again in campaign (some twice), then be told 'yeah, now go and do all of them again as 'Bruce'.. fuck that. I've almost finished my third damn playthrough, and while I like this game I'm feeling done with it.

Many thanks OP

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this old thread, but there's so many conflicting things mentioned here that I don't know what to do now to get this glitch to work. I have the digital version of the game and have so far only played the multiplayer. Story progress is still at 0%. Since I'm not making much progress on the MP I figured I could start the story now and work on this glitch while I'm at it. Could anyone please let me know what I have to do to make it work?

6 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Sorry to bump this old thread, but there's so many conflicting things mentioned here that I don't know what to do now to get this glitch to work. I have the digital version of the game and have so far only played the multiplayer. Story progress is still at 0%. Since I'm not making much progress on the MP I figured I could start the story now and work on this glitch while I'm at it. Could anyone please let me know what I have to do to make it work?

Don’t quote me but I don’t think you can do the glitch with digital as the game NEEDS to be at version 1.00. On PS4 I know you can technically downgrade digital content but i don’t think that exploit exists on PS3, but physical is SOOOOOOO much easier.

I’ll still explain it, maybe you can manage to find a cheap $10 copy, while that would mean you would be paying more than the $7 DLC, it would still mean you don’t have to actually get all the medals for both trophies to pop.

1) Delete the game

2) Reinstall the game but pause/disconnect from the internet

3) Boot up the game and play until you get to the bat cave and can play the training section of the combat simulation

4) Get 3 stars on any of the training maps and both trophies will unlock, regardless of if you own the DLC or not

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Basically follow the steps mentioned by OmegaRejectz and make sure you play on a new save file to get the glitch to work. I can confirm that it works on the digital version, as you can keep that one at version 1.00 on the ps3 following the steps above.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Don’t quote me but I don’t think you can do the glitch with digital as the game NEEDS to be at version 1.00. On PS4 I know you can technically downgrade digital content but i don’t think that exploit exists on PS3, but physical is SOOOOOOO much easier.

I’ll still explain it, maybe you can manage to find a cheap $10 copy, while that would mean you would be paying more than the $7 DLC, it would still mean you don’t have to actually get all the medals for both trophies to pop.

1) Delete the game

2) Reinstall the game but pause/disconnect from the internet

3) Boot up the game and play until you get to the bat cave and can play the training section of the combat simulation

4) Get 3 stars on any of the training maps and both trophies will unlock, regardless of if you own the DLC or not

Thanks for the reply. From what I read in this very thread it seems to work on the digital version. It was just so many conflicting explenations on what to do that made me ask. :)

3 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

Basically follow the steps mentioned by OmegaRejectz and make sure you play on a new save file to get the glitch to work. I can confirm that it works on the digital version, as you can keep that one at version 1.00 on the ps3 following the steps above.

Kk will do. Shall I also delete my save game on the XMB or just my save data? Truth be told, I don't even know if an ingame save game of 0% even has a game save data on the XMB, so I'm asking in advance.

6 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks for the reply. From what I read in this very thread it seems to work on the digital version. It was just so many conflicting explenations on what to do that made me ask. :)

Kk will do. Shall I also delete my save game on the XMB or just my save data? Truth be told, I don't even know if an ingame save game of 0% even has a game save data on the XMB, so I'm asking in advance.

Not sure about that either. Best would be to upload your existing saves (with multiplayer data in your case) to the cloud and just delete them from the console through xmb menu. Then start a new game and unlock these trophies :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

Not sure about that either. Best would be to upload your existing saves (with multiplayer data in your case) to the cloud and just delete them from the console through xmb menu. Then start a new game and unlock these trophies :)

I see. Will do that after I've hopefully cleared the mp trophies. That's my main priority for now. Thanks again for the feedback.^^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doesnt seem to be working for me and am not sure where I am going wrong. I am playing the Japanese version if that makes a difference. 

1) Installed the game and patch 1.06

2) Got to batcave and unlocked challenges

3) Deleted game data from game data utility

4) Reinstalled from disc without updating patch 1.06

5) Selected training challenge and got 3 stars (combo, combat takedown, get to 15 combo).

Still cant get the trophies to pop. Any guidance is appreciated since it would be nice to save $7.

Edited by HeartBlade89