Retro City Rampage Physical Release. The Game Any Good?

TheLiamK

So, in what might be one of my stupider moves, I've just pre-ordered my copy of the limited edition physical release of Retro City Rampage. I want to get in to game collecting, and one of the  things I want to do with that is get a complete physical EU/US vita collection. The orders for a limited number of RCR retail copies have opened and I grabbed myself one for £23 with shipping after checked ebay and seeing that copies of the boxed PS4 version are going for over £100. Thing is, I've never played it so I have no idea if I'll even enjoy it, it looks fun in the videos I've seen though. If you've played it, what are your thoughts? Anyone else getting a boxed copy?

Link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/02/retro-city-rampage-ps-vita-version-hitting-retail/

Already 100% the standard ps3 version. If you ever played the very first GTA on the PC or ps1 RCR is more like that + a mix with legend of zelda on the NES, it have a lots of 8-bit reference and jokes, like cutting the grass with a sword will reveal some money etc.

But, why the hell is there will be a physical copy? If it was the vita version then I think it's fine, but ps4?? Talking about around 47 MB on a 25~50 GB blu-ray disc, is a waste if you asked me.

Unless if they sold it like rouge legacy on the PC where the physical copy released on a fancy box contain a USB stick where the game is stored on. or I don't know.

• Like 1

Very fun game, a lot harder to 100% then dx but still it not that harder, I have done both 100% and man they are loads and loads of fun,it still is very weird to see this getting a retail release for vita, since the latest one dx just got a retail release for PS4 but was only $15, this being $30 is just way overpriced, even when it was on the store it was $15.It worth getting but for that price I dunno

Sounds like it will be fun then. Good times! It terms of reason for the physical release, I think it is like a 'thanks to the fans' sort of thing. A boxed version for the collectors. PS4 version only had 2000 copies, vita will have a few more I think. Higher price point I think the guy said it was something to do with carts being more expensive to ship than disks but I don't know if that's BS or not.

I have the physical PS4 version. Nabbed it before it sold out.

Nice! Just checked ebay and they're selling for £95 - £140 :D

I wonder if it'll receive a new trophy set with a Platinum, seeing how retail games are required to have one.

I'd doubt it, I think the retail version of Child of Light retained it's original trophies :( Was hoping for a plat though.

• 1 month later...