Old School trophy bugged?

zadorvp

The Old School trophy (complete the game on Difficult in under 6 hours) for Syberia II seems to be glitched and won't pop (or its trophy trigger isn't set up properly). I've done three full playthroughs of the game, two of which concentrated on just getting the speed run done when it didn't pop on the initial playthrough:

• Second playthrough was a bit less than 5 hours (40 mins of that was spent watching tv and 15 mins on something else, I also had it on pause for various amounts of time while talking to my brother, getting food, playing with my dog, etc), ending cutscenes and credits were entirely skipped
  • Third playthrough was 2 hours 20 minutes (stopwatch; count stopped at beginning of credits which I allowed to run though)

For both of these playthroughs, I also loaded the ending save and attempted to do ending puzzles differently and attempted variations of cutscene/credits skipping as well as waited forever on the main menu. No trophy from any of these attempts, so I'm pretty confident it's bugged in some way.

So, yeah, heads up for those that are going to play this otherwise excellent classic and good luck if you do try to see if the trophy pops up :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, not patchet yet (though the devs say they have made a patch and submitted it to Sony, but it hasn't been released yet), but there is that workaround that I was told about by UlysStr3am (second person to post in this topic). Apparently it has worked out for some people already.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Freitag, 13. Januar 2017 at 8:23 PM, padrinoapo18 said:

Did they patched this game or what...i see a lot of people getting100% now

I just checked. No patch. I will definitely never buy a game from this company ever again. The game's performance is already really bad, but this is simply unacceptable. It's not like they released a digital version before physical, they must have known that it's bugged, but nope - print the same bugged version on disc, then sell it and then never patch it.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many people can confirm that the method for unlocking the trophy for EU version works? i'd like to have a % and, if the method doesn't work once, if it can work if attempted again or if it is a 1 shot only... i enjoyed the first Syberia, a rare opportunity to go away from all the violence/adrenaline in the common games and have a peaceful moment, so i would like to 100% in this game too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the confirmation the workaround is BS !

So, because a developper is too lazy to provide a patch to correct his own mistake, you give him more money (by buying US version) ? ?

I planned to buy S3 after playing S1 & S2, but this joke made me change my mind...

Edited by RustyZero
  • Like 2

Thanks to all for the replies ?. Well, maybe i will play this game with another account just for fun, i definitely won't buy it just for few trophies ?

They enjoy giving us games from ps+ which have bugged trophies, just like LUFTRAUSER ?

Edited by VirtualNight

7 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Thanks to all for the replies 1f642.png. Well, maybe i will play this game with another account just for fun, i definitely won't buy it just for few trophies 1f44a.png

They enjoy giving us games from ps+ which have bugged trophies, just like LUFTRAUSER 1f621.png

Just create a us account and use 2 plus trial and 100% it