First Thoughts?

So Disgaea fans, tell me what you think of this port. I've never played one of these games before but it looks extremely fun and I'd love to hear what fans of the series have to say about it. I plan on picking it up soon but I'm eager to get all the information I can before I have it in my hands,

Parker

Alright, I figured I'd update a little bit. I've played for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours and I absolutely love it. It's not to terribly difficult to get into and the story is lighthearted and goofy which is a nice change from all the super serious games coming out nowadays. The combat system is easy to get the hang of, but will probably be very challenging to master and the game is just a joy to play. I'm kind of ashamed that I've waited this long before playing this series, but once I'm thru with this title I'll for sure be picking up the previous ones. Highly recommended for tactical RPG fans.

Parker

Look like Amazon has DIsgaea: Hour of Darkness for $16.70

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-Hour-Darkness-Playstation-2/dp/B00009YEJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335122115&sr=8-1

and Disgaea 2 : Cursed Memories for $25.

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-2-Cursed-Memories-Playstation/dp/B000F8O1C0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335122115&sr=8-4

Doesn't seem that bad, especially since it seems like these games will take many, many hours to complete.

Parker

• 1 month later...

how does this compare to the psp ones? ive thought about picking this game up if i can find it used. really couldnt see myself pumping hours into this game on a console as everything about it is so SNES technology but i enjoy the psp ones..... just took me awhile to get into the combat enough to look past/entirely ignore the story. jean de arc is an awesome tact rpg with great story.... dunno why this has to be so lame <_<

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...