Questions about trophies.

MarsipanRumpan

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you get the Clever Dad trophy from chapter select or do you have to play the trials in order?

Haven't played this in a while so my memory might be a little fuzzy when it comes to the details. IIRC, you can do it from chapter select as long as you have "The Rat" unlocked in your chapter select. You will need to have 3-4 trials completed successfully. Less than 3 and you won't be able to even make a guess on the location. If you complete all 5, then you are automatically given the address so you can't make a guess that way either.

One quick note that I wish I had known instead of following the advice of 'just play the game first then go back for the trophies': there's a point in the game early on when you make a choice *spoilers below* for clarification:

When you're in Hassan's shop, do nothing and let him die.  Make sure this is the choice you continue playing the game with through the end.  Perfect Crime ending requires it and all or most of the other choices that affect that trophy/ending occur much later in the game.  The trophy for saving Hassan can easily be achieved in Chapter Select in just a few minutes, but making the choice to save him will require replaying the entire game from his chapter just for one of the many endings.

This choice has little real effect on the endings directly, but if you make the wrong decision you will need to replay most of the game just for one of the various endings.  If you'd like to save yourself hours of replaying the game just to get one ending (when in reality you're only replaying a couple hours for ALL the others combined), then click the spoiler tag.  You are free to play the game anyway you like, as I found no other situation where I couldn't replay an ending from only a couple chapters back or use chapter select for the other trophies, but this one choice added a good 5-6 hours to my plat run (if not more, it's been a while).

• Like 1

Haven't played this in a while so my memory might be a little fuzzy when it comes to the details. IIRC, you can do it from chapter select as long as you have "The Rat" unlocked in your chapter select. You will need to have 3-4 trials completed successfully. Less than 3 and you won't be able to even make a guess on the location. If you complete all 5, then you are automatically given the address so you can't make a guess that way either.

OK, that makes sense. Does Ethan select the address automatically or can the player select it? Because when I got to that point, I had three trials completed successfully and didn't know what to do after listening for the foghorn.

One quick note that I wish I had known instead of following the advice of 'just play the game first then go back for the trophies': there's a point in the game early on when you make a choice *spoilers below* for clarification:

When you're in Hassan's shop, do nothing and let him die.  Make sure this is the choice you continue playing the game with through the end.  Perfect Crime ending requires it and all or most of the other choices that affect that trophy/ending occur much later in the game.  The trophy for saving Hassan can easily be achieved in Chapter Select in just a few minutes, but making the choice to save him will require replaying the entire game from his chapter just for one of the many endings.

This choice has little real effect on the endings directly, but if you make the wrong decision you will need to replay most of the game just for one of the various endings.  If you'd like to save yourself hours of replaying the game just to get one ending (when in reality you're only replaying a couple hours for ALL the others combined), then click the spoiler tag.  You are free to play the game anyway you like, as I found no other situation where I couldn't replay an ending from only a couple chapters back or use chapter select for the other trophies, but this one choice added a good 5-6 hours to my plat run (if not more, it's been a while).

Yeah, I'm going for the Perfect Crime and Nerd trophies now in my second playthrough, then I'll have to do however many after that in order to get the platinum.

Exactly, I remember people saying, it's one playthrough and some backtracking to get all endings, when actually as you said depends on the decisions you made, it took me 2 playthroughs plus backtracking.

OK, that makes sense. Does Ethan select the address automatically or can the player select it? Because when I got to that point, I had three trials completed successfully and didn't know what to do after listening for the foghorn.

If you have 3 trials completed at that point then you are setup fine to do the "Clever Dad" trophy. Just don't drink the poison and leave back to your car. Look at the phone and listen to the clues. Then just pick up that piece of paper to examine the letter or whatever it was. It should take you to the GPS where you can guess at the correct location. Just pick the right one (you can look it up if you want) and that's pretty much it. If you drink the posion then Ethan will automatically know the address.

Edited by MStalker58

• 1 month later...