First hyperdimension game?

Seriously, how did this became Ayesha thread? :D

Maybe they clicked just in the "Most recent topic" section and oversee we are here in the Neps-rebirth1 subforum... :D

Thats weird... its like going to McDonalds and telling them BurgerKing is better... xD

You made me buy the Plus version, guys!

I bought it in eastersale and you were like "Its a bad sale. I have everything." :P

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

It's the best RPG on both systems.   :awesome:

Yeah, take away the pretty girls and they're pretty average RPGs, sure they're worth buying if you have a Vita but they shouldn't be the top priority purchases like some people here make them out to be.  Top priority should be Atelier.   ;)

I'd put Atelier very high on my list of JRPG priorities, seeing as the original games were good (solid gameplay mecanics so people can't say i'm biased for being a fan of characters) and the Vita versions are enhanced versions of great games.  Plus the fact taht there's currently 4 of them on the system means lots of time to enjoy them O_o.

Linca best girl

I like the whole cast to be honest and thats the main reason I loved the game (I need to start Escha and Logy was debating doing a let's play but then couldn't work out who to choose :(  ) Marion is cool I wish she was playable within the normal confines of the game.  The fact Wilbell won me over when she's a character type I usually find annoying just shows how well written the characters were.

Seriously, how did this became Ayesha thread? :D

You made me buy the Plus version, guys!

I blame Red Dead Redemption, it taught me that flower picking was a survivalist skill.  A couple of years down the line i'm playing a game where I wear a reathe of flowers in my hair and prance around with reckless abandon whie picking flowers and it was one of the best RPGs I played O_O. Don't be put off with that description storyline, alchemy and battle mechanics are all great.

Seriously though I just see a lot of Hyperdimension threads and Avatars, I think I'm going to change my avatar to prove a point O_O.  I;m also going to Neptunuyu to play Atelier xD, Nep already owns it.

EDIT: I can't abandon luffy :(, i considered changing my sig but i just can't do that either T_T

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Linca best girl

Ayesha > Escha > original Linca > Flameu > Lucielle > Nio > Katia > Tanya > Mari > Nanaca > Regina > Bell > Marion > drunk Linca > Clone > Threia > warui Linca

Maybe they clicked just in the "Most recent topic" section and oversee we are here in the Neps-rebirth1 subforum... :D

I bought it in eastersale and you were like "Its a bad sale. I have everything." :P

If the sale only offers one thing, it's a bad sale =D

I had to pick up PS Vita Pets to make the sale worth =D

And yea... I have almost complete Japanese games Vita library, I keep telling you that =D

Don't be put off with that description storyline, alchemy and battle mechanics are all great.

Hoi, hoi... are you seriously describing Atelier games to ME? To a Japanese games authority? =D

BTW are these games censored in the West, because no cleavage for America according to this:

Pf0Qm6L.jpg

vCoPJfj.jpg

Probably just IF being clever so buyers won't feel so bad for buying it? =D

Na, I was just clarifying to anyone readin that post otherwise they might think it didn't have wider appeal, which it does because its awesome.

Yoshi, good, you are forgiven!

Okay, now on serious note. Objectively, Atelier games are unfortunately not that widespread... 

1) It plays on what J-players want: Cute girls doing cute things.

That's one reason why many people just categorize it as kusoge (kuso game = crappy game (usually the Japanese one) if you don't know this term)

Provided people do not mind the point 1, they may give it a chance, here's a number 2.

2) Alchemy system

This is another thing that may make people avoid this game. Obviously, we know that Dusk series has oversimplified alchemy compared to Arland but not many people decide to research that deeply.

For some, just mentioning "It has complicated systemzzzz, wtf, omg, too hard!" and they stop caring.

All together, the percentage of possible players who actually play Atelier games is pretty sparse... so... yea, they are definitely awesome and belong to my TOP 10 series overall, their widespreadness is not as big as it could be.

Eh, now even I totally diverted from the original topic... so... DOWNLOAD PLUTIA AND HEAR THE GODDESS TALKING!

Yoshi, good, you are forgiven!

Okay, now on serious note. Objectively, Atelier games are unfortunately not that widespread... 

1) It plays on what J-players want: Cute girls doing cute things.

That's one reason why many people just categorize it as kusoge (kuso game = crappy game (usually the Japanese one) if you don't know this term)

Provided people do not mind the point 1, they may give it a chance, here's a number 2.

2) Alchemy system

This is another thing that may make people avoid this game. Obviously, we know that Dusk series has oversimplified alchemy compared to Arland but not many people decide to research that deeply.

For some, just mentioning "It has complicated systemzzzz, wtf, omg, too hard!" and they stop caring.

All together, the percentage of possible players who actually play Atelier games is pretty sparse... so... yea, they are definitely awesome and belong to my TOP 10 series overall, their widespreadness is not as big as it could be.

Eh, now even I totally diverted from the original topic... so... DOWNLOAD PLUTIA AND HEAR THE GODDESS TALKING!

I typically despise cutesy games which is why i avoided playing hyperdimension and Atelier games as I assumed they were fanservice, I even typically avoid playing as a girl in games as the way they are represented normally annoys me. I'll be honest the front cover of Meruru made me want to vomit with how colourful it was, So I was put off, Ayesha seemed more subtle so I thought I'd give it a shot I heard the combat system was decent.  I'm glad I took the dip, so I'd like to think the series has wider appeal, as I'm typically someone who went out of there way to play anything other than a game with a mostly female cast.

Seriously though I just see a lot of Hyperdimension threads and Avatars, I think I'm going to change my avatar to prove a point O_O.  I;m also going to Neptunuyu to play Atelier xD, Nep already owns it.

EDIT: I can't abandon luffy :(, i considered changing my sig but i just can't do that either T_T

Yeah, I have it... I also have Rorona, Meruru and Totori. But because I read often Rorona likes to freeze Im going to buy Rorona Plus (in 2 weeks)... 13€ on Amazon. np. Also you should mind we are here in Neps-rebirth1 subforum. Why there should be no nep-topics...? xD

Sure you can abandon Luffy. Why not? You told me you like Vert, because "two reasons". :P

@Luffy-buddy, when he says something like this, he is talking about HanaKana-power. When you are going to worship the american actress instead, he is going to kill you. I would assist him, because "reasons", and I will nep your face too! ò_ó .. Right after he neped my face, because I wrote the name of his goddess wrong.

Edited by Neputyunu

Well, since this has become the official Atelier vs. Hyperdimension thread, I'm gonna post this here:

There are currently Ayesha as well as an Hyperdimension game on sale, I know almost nothing about Hyperdimension Neptunia but from what I've read it seems to be really nice, then there's the Atelier mechanics which are really nice.

And I've never played a game of both franchises, so there's also the factor that the game should be a nice title to be introduce the franchise and from Ayesha I already know that this is true, since it's the start of the second trilogy.

But what about Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection, is it a good start into the franchise?

And then there's also Tales of Hearts R, which was recommended to me 2 times already, so that can't be bad either, but I'm getting too far away from the topic...

Which one to get:
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
or 

Atelier Ayesha Plus

(also I'm posting this here since I don't want to open another thread just for a single question and it seems to sort of fit here at least... Also there seem to be experts of both franchises around :))

Edited by xFalionx

But what about Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection, is it a good start into the franchise?

No! Its more like a Diary for fans or whatever, to get more infomations about the characters. Its a spinoff, and a pretty weak one imo.

But you cant do anything wrong when you start with Victory, that is on sale in ps3-section. Its theoretically the third game of the original series, but it doesnt matter because it seems every game is in an other dimension.

But if you want to start with game one, you can buy the PS3-Triology for 40€ on Amazon. If you want the Vita-games (they are not just ports) instead... what is a good idea, because the original first game for PS3 seems to frighten many people, because its pretty exotic mechanics, your choice is the rebirth-series. But, just for your information, the first vita-game is in EU only digitally available. Oh and, Im not saying the english audio sucks, but you would do yourself a favor when you pick the japanese one. :P

Also I dont think its an "Neps vs Atelier"-topic... I mean... why not both? :D

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

Well, since this has become the official Atelier vs. Hyperdimension thread, I'm gonna post this here:

There are currently Ayesha as well as an Hyperdimension game on sale, I know almost nothing about Hyperdimension Neptunia but from what I've read it seems to be really nice, then there's the Atelier mechanics which are really nice.

And I've never played a game of both franchises, so there's also the factor that the game should be a nice title to be introduce the franchise and from Ayesha I already know that this is true, since it's the start of the second trilogy.

And then there's also Tales of Hearts R, which was recommended to me 2 times already, so that can't be bad either, but I'm getting too far away from the topic...

Which one to get:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

or 

Atelier Ayesha Plus

(also I'm posting this here since I don't want to open another thread just for a single question and it seems to sort of fit here at least... Also there seem to be experts of both franchises around :))

Um... unfortunately, this comparison is pretty one-sided... :D

While Ayesha+ is a good choice for getting into Atelier franchise, (Provided you won't mind harder alchemy if you decide to give Arland a chance) NePP definitely isn't a good choice to get into Nep.

Because Ayesha is a beginning of Dusk trilogy. And since Dusk trilogy doesn't have many connections to the Arland trilogy, you can start with it. (Plus, in Plus, you will have access to more characters (even though who were DLCs in the original Ayesha)).

On the other hand, NePP is a spin-off. Nepko already explained that for me, so refer to his post.

Victory on PS3 or ReBirth 1 on PSV are the good choices for the starters.

Damn, seriously, my longest posts are always about Japanese games xDD

game with a mostly female cast.

Best games, no reason to deny it :awesome:

Hana Kanazawa. 

Ehm... ehm...

Care to re-read what you have written here? *cold gaze* 

Read this again and correct your mistake, before overlord's punishment befalls you!

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Ehm... ehm...

Care to re-read what you have written here? *cold gaze* 

Read this again and correct your mistake, before overlord's punishment befalls you!

*cleans imaginary glasses*

I see ...

Overlord? I have beaten this bad baddy once and I totally can do it a second time! ò_ó

And if not, older brother, younger brother and Luffy-Buddy are going to assist me, because I have "two reasons".  :awesome:

71hg.jpg

Best games, no reason to deny it  :awesome:

Fairy Fencer F had some guys, but the girls were super-eternity-trinity-pudding-kawaii. ... Tiara <3 Ethel > Eryn *couh* just saying. :P

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

*cleans imaginary glasses*

I see ...

Well... it's better, but... for reference, it's.

Hanazawa

Kana

And for trivia, Kanazawa is actually Japanese prefecture (I wanna visit first in Japan xD) and Hana is flower.

It IS definitely a cute name you used, but there can be no mistake when talking about megami-sama.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Today in gamindustries most popular coliseum...

See Plue-buddy versus Kashi-buddy!

Pick up your pudding, cake, sweets, icecream, stuff and pudding here! Just 25$ each!

See the fight of the century... about two guys defending their favourite girls in the world!

I can feel the excitement going from Ireland over my country until its colliding in Czech Republic, and reverse!

... Attention! Attention! special sale on everything, just 30$ each!

Please note the number1 special-fightingrule: To provide the safety of our costumers NO powerups (HDD, henshin, digitations, sayan powerups, etc) are allowed!

And yes, Im bored ... well... guess I should continue playing OPPW2... o_o

• Like 2

Yea, I shall!

Do not dare to compare a singer to the true seiyuu! :D

Correction: Singer... AND seiyuu.  ;)  A two-in-one package, with the voice of an angel.  :D  But I will give you credit, since Hanazawa Kana has a very respectable track record, and would probably slot in as my third favourite seiyuu. ;)  But then if Kugimiya Rie comes into the picture?  That's a whole other ballgame.  She is absolutely dominating the voice acting scene in Japan right now.  :o

But... Mizuki Nana is in White Album, the best visual novel on the planet, and is the best character no doubt.  She wins.   :holy:

Wow, this thread has gone from Neptunia recommendations to seiyuu discussions.   :|

snip

I wish I could give this post a like but I've reached my daily limit.  :(  #TooNiceForMyOwnGood

Correction: Singer... AND seiyuu.   ;)  A two-in-one package, with the voice of an angel.   :D  But I will give you credit, since Hanazawa Kana has a very respectable track record, and would probably slot in as my third favourite seiyuu. ;)  But then if Kugimiya Rie comes into the picture?  That's a whole other ballgame.  She is absolutely dominating the voice acting scene in Japan right now.   :o

But... Mizuki Nana is in White Album, the best visual novel on the planet, and is the best character no doubt.  She wins.   :holy:

I have seen more Nana's singles than roles in the recent cours =D

But yea, Kana also doesn't get as many roles as in previous years...

Kugyu? Nah, I wouldn't say that. She definitely ruled in before Kana's reign started but now, I wouldn't consider her dominating :)

If we talk about dominating seiyuus in the recent years, then it's definitely Hanazawa Kana, Sawashiro Miyuki, Hayami Saori and Kayano Ai.

And... Kana has the most angelic voice ever :P

Wow, this thread has gone from Neptunia recommendations to seiyuu discussions.   :|

I think it stopped being Nep thread once Ayesha got mentioned xD

I wish I could give this post a like but I've reached my daily limit.   :(  #TooNiceForMyOwnGood

Unlike something =D

sayan powerups,

Crap... I'm doomed.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1