First hyperdimension game?

No! Its more like a Diary for fans or whatever, to get more infomations about the characters. Its a spinoff, and a pretty weak one imo.

But you cant do anything wrong when you start with Victory, that is on sale in ps3-section. Its theoretically the third game of the original series, but it doesnt matter because it seems every game is in an other dimension.

But if you want to start with game one, you can buy the PS3-Triology for 40€ on Amazon. If you want the Vita-games (they are not just ports) instead... what is a good idea, because the original first game for PS3 seems to frighten many people, because its pretty exotic mechanics, your choice is the rebirth-series. But, just for your information, the first vita-game is in EU only digitally available. Oh and, Im not saying the english audio sucks, but you would do yourself a favor when you pick the japanese one. :P

Also I dont think its an "Neps vs Atelier"-topic... I mean... why not both? :D

Since I only own a Vita (yet) and I would like to get one of the games in sale, I guess I will have to wait for that franchise then. But when I buy a PS3 towards the end of the year , I will definitely look into that trilogy. Sounds fun! :D

Also, can you select Japanese audio with English text? Because the name-butchering in translated audio always makes me cry internally but I'm not fluent enough in Japanese to play it untranslated...

Um... unfortunately, this comparison is pretty one-sided... :D

While Ayesha+ is a good choice for getting into Atelier franchise, (Provided you won't mind harder alchemy if you decide to give Arland a chance) NePP definitely isn't a good choice to get into Nep.

Because Ayesha is a beginning of Dusk trilogy. And since Dusk trilogy doesn't have many connections to the Arland trilogy, you can start with it. (Plus, in Plus, you will have access to more characters (even though who were DLCs in the original Ayesha)).

On the other hand, NePP is a spin-off. Nepko already explained that for me, so refer to his post.

Victory on PS3 or ReBirth 1 on PSV are the good choices for the starters.

Damn, seriously, my longest posts are always about Japanese games xDD

Best games, no reason to deny it :awesome:

Ehm... ehm...

Care to re-read what you have written here? *cold gaze* 

Read this again and correct your mistake, before overlord's punishment befalls you!

I'm going for Ayesha+ then because I really like what I've heard from it and there doesn't seem to be anything better I could get for 25€ in the sales.

Thank you both for your answers!

You make a strong argument. But what were we talking about O_O.

Because younger brother, older brother and overlord? Play Neps rebirth1 :P

This scene was so mean... but then Neps transformed and abused it ... then it turned funny xD

Anyway... This is totally serious buddy. Im not going to protect you when you tell him you prefer Cherami Leigh. :P

Or do you mean the overlord-thingy in this context? ... There is a Neps-topic in the OffTopic-section. :)

Also, can you select Japanese audio with English text? Because the name-butchering in translated audio always makes me cry internally but I'm not fluent enough in Japanese to play it untranslated...

Yes.

name-butchering? You mean, when they get an other name in english? ... Hmm, only two characters are coming to my mind ...

http://hyperdimensionneptunia.wikia.com/wiki/Arfoire

http://hyperdimensionneptunia.wikia.com/wiki/Pirachu

Pirachu is since rebirth2 Warechu in english too.

Edited by Neputyunu

Yes.

name-butchering? You mean, when they get an other name in english? ... Hmm, only two characters are coming to my mind ...

http://hyperdimensionneptunia.wikia.com/wiki/Arfoire

http://hyperdimensionneptunia.wikia.com/wiki/Pirachu

Pirachu is since rebirth2 Warechu in english too.

No, I mean when English voice actors always mess up the pronounciation of many Japanese names. That's also one of the main reasons I don't like to watch dubbed anime... They never seem to get the names right, at least in English. Seen some alright German dubs since the Japanese pronounciation is closer to German than to English.

Anyways, such things just annoy me since I know how it should be pronounced.

No, I mean when English voice actors always mess up the pronounciation of many Japanese names. That's also one of the main reasons I don't like to watch dubbed anime... They never seem to get the names right, at least in English. Seen some alright German dubs since the Japanese pronounciation is closer to German than to English.

Yeah right? Im wondering everytime how good it sounds when japanese actors are talking german (like in Bleach).

Well, you get a shiver and earbleeding anyway when you use the english audio... so ... yeah, glad we can use japanese audio with english text. ^_^

Ask Satoshi ... I showed him an example of american Plutia. :P

Almost all games I talk about have dual audio :) (I must say almost, because original Ayesha only had English one) 

You don't have to worry about us talking about something that would not have original audio :D

I mean... we just talked about seiyuus on this page xD

All Nep games have dual audio incorporated. Which... is also reason why I got into franchise =D

I do have to say with the exception of ReBirth 3, but that's gonna be handled with free JP audio DLC. So do not forget to purchase a version of your PSN region to get it :D

Glad to see another JP audio fan! Welcome to the club! :D

Yeah right? Im wondering everytime how good it sounds when japanese actors are talking german (like in Bleach).

Well, you get a shiver and earbleeding anyway when you use the english audio... so ... yeah, glad we can use japanese audio with english text. ^_^

Ask Satoshi ... I showed him an example of american Plutia. :P

xD I'ts pretty sad that almost no-one is able to recreate a character without changing their personality because of different intonations and translation done in a way, that makes for example a very formal character seem rude.

I can't speak for the Nep franchise characters but I guess it is the same for their English audio if not worse.  :D

Glad to see another JP audio fan! Welcome to the club! :D

Thanks!  :D

I love games with dual audio, the English dub is also pretty much the only flaw I see in P4G. At least I never found an option to change the audio settings...

Since I only recently bought my first "modern" console and I haven't had the opportunity to play many of the awesome games for the PSVita, I took English audio as a standard in translated games.

So it's really nice to hear that there are many featuring the Japanese voice cast, which in almost all cases is superior to the translation. I mean even grammatically Japanese and English are as different as night and day.

But I guess the many players are just too lazy to read subtitles.  :)

I love games with dual audio, the English dub is also pretty much the only flaw I see in P4G. At least I never found an option to change the audio settings...

There is an option in audio settings. To mute them =D

Unfortunately, that's an re-occurring thing for Atlus, they reject the dual audio completely.

I had to simultaneously play the muted game and have YT video of Japanese version on Marie's events to hear Hanazawa Kana.

If the P4G had an option of Japanese voices, I wouldn't have any doubts on the best Vita game =D 

There is an option in audio settings. To mute them =D

Unfortunately, that's an re-occurring thing for Atlus, they reject the dual audio completely.

I had to simultaneously play the muted game and have YT video of Japanese version on Marie's events to hear Hanazawa Kana.

If the P4G had an option of Japanese voices, I wouldn't have any doubts on the best Vita game =D 

That is one hell of a complicated way to play a game but a good idea, though. Wouldn't have thought of playing JP audio via youtube. xD

Since I only own a Vita (yet)

You don't actually need anything else btw =D

Once you have Vita-chan, you don't need anything else :D

That is one hell of a complicated way to play a game but a good idea, though. Wouldn't have thought of playing JP audio via youtube. xD

Anything for HanaKana :D

Yea, you can probably find the complete Japanese playthrough. Probably just social link events will be separate :)

You don't actually need anything else btw =D

Once you have Vita-chan, you don't need anything else :D

Well, even though I love Japanese games and I hate most shooters and sports games, there are some titles (for example the Kingdom Hearts remakes *drool*) which are exclusive to the PS3 and really good games.

Anything for HanaKana :D

Yea, you can probably find the complete Japanese playthrough. Probably just social link events will be separate :)

I'm not that well versed with seiyuus, but I did notice on her wikipedia page that she voiced some of my favorite anime characters.  :D

I like shooters etc almost as much as Japanese games, but I am highly considering a Vita so I can catch up on JRPG's

If you want JRPGs vitas are great there's a nice selection.  Also there's amazing games like Soul Sacrifice Delta, which needs to be played by everyone *_*.

By the way thank you, because of you I was convinced to buy Atelier Ayesha Plus :D

• Like 1

If you want JRPGs vitas are great there's a nice selection.  Also there's amazing games like Soul Sacrifice Delta, which needs to be played by everyone *_*.

By the way thank you, because of you I was convinced to buy Atelier Ayesha Plus :D

Yeah I've seen, I really do need to get one >.<

Don't thank me haha, thank all the jrpg fans that turned this into a neptunia vs atelier thread xD

Don't thank me haha, thank all the jrpg fans that turned this into a neptunia vs atelier thread xD

I could but thanking myself for bringing up atelier would be really weird O_O. So I'll just thank you instead you made me realise I love the series, lol. Have you got okami i made a thread about playing okami if you're interested, I guess that counts as a RPG not a typical JRPG though:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26193-who-wants-to-play-okami-sign-ups/

BTW I thought I was the only UK player on this site at a weird time.

Let the Hyperdimension-Atelier Cold War begin *cue Black Ops theme song* but who is the Soviet Union and who is the United States

but in all honesty today I tried to get Atelier rorona plus at gamestop since I wanted to try it out first but it is not available no where near me, so instead I just pre order Omega Quintet but I wanted to try the Atelier series. Oh and even though I am Loyal to Hyperdimension, I am also Neutral in this Cold War, just like Switzerland. :)

Edited by TheVader66

Let the Hyperdimension-Atelier Cold War begin *cue Black Ops theme song* but who is the Soviet Union and who is the United States

but in all honesty today I tried to get Atelier rorona plus at gamestop since I wanted to try it out first but it is not available no where near me, so instead I just pre order Omega Quintet but I wanted to try the Atelier series. Oh and even though I am Loyal to Hyperdimension, I am also Neutral in this Cold War, just like Switzerland. :)

But do you have chocolate, because that was the real reason no one messed with them.

I could but thanking myself for bringing up atelier would be really weird O_O. So I'll just thank you instead you made me realise I love the series, lol. Have you got okami i made a thread about playing okami if you're interested, I guess that counts as a RPG not a typical JRPG though:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26193-who-wants-to-play-okami-sign-ups/

BTW I thought I was the only UK player on this site at a weird time.

I've seen okami but never played it, I may try it out sometime ^^ and yeah there's quite a few Brits here cx

I haven't played either series so I guess that makes me neutral too xD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick question everyone: it's currently for $30 bucks in PS Store and I was wondering if it's a good deal.

I'm a huge fan JRPGs such as Persona and Shin Megami Tensei, so hiw is this one? Is it funny, engagning, please let me know!

I got it physically from Amazon for $30, so maybe? Also just so everyone who was going to start this game, or still needs to start this game, Satoshi finished his guide for it so play play away!