How do you trigger the option to slide step in MLB 15?

ShogunCroCop

I know all of the typical pitching commands, but this year's game offers a slide step option when runners are on base. The control is :r2:  + :cross: , but I never see an option to use it. I only ever see the options to pick off a baserunner, pitch out, intentional walk, or step off the mound. I do know it is an option that will only show up with runners already on base, but it hasn't happened to me yet.

I also notice nothing in the settings that will trigger this option. Do I need to change the settings/sliders, or am I missing something? The slide step is required for a trophy, and if I never get an option for it, how am I supposed to get the trophy?

Note: The descriptions I have read said this option IS available on both PS4 and PS3, so the fact that I am playing on a PS3 is NOT an issue. Also, other players on PS3 have gotten this trophy, so obviously it is an option. I just don't know how to trigger it.

Any suggestions?

I know all of the typical pitching commands, but this year's game offers a slide step option when runners are on base. The control is :r2:  + :cross: , but I never see an option to use it. I only ever see the options to pick off a baserunner, pitch out, intentional walk, or step off the mound. I do know it is an option that will only show up with runners already on base, but it hasn't happened to me yet.

I also notice nothing in the settings that will trigger this option. Do I need to change the settings/sliders, or am I missing something? The slide step is required for a trophy, and if I never get an option for it, how am I supposed to get the trophy?

Note: The descriptions I have read said this option IS available on both PS4 and PS3, so the fact that I am playing on a PS3 is NOT an issue. Also, other players on PS3 have gotten this trophy, so obviously it is an option. I just don't know how to trigger it.

Any suggestions?

The Slide step is not an option u literally have to use it on the 2nd pitch you throw.

You have to have a person on base to do the slide step.  Choose a pitch then you press :r2: + :cross:  It would be ideal to tweak the baserunning sliders a bit, that way you can have the CPU try and steal a base.

Got it thanks.

Trophy acquired. Now I just need Nope for the plat.