PS4 randomly ejecting discs

mahoganyman

My PS4 has been doing this for a while now.  It randomly ejects a disc in the middle of me playing, and won't accept it if I try to put the disc back in.  The only "fix" is that if I turn off the console and then unplug the AC power cord and let it sit for about 20 mins, it'll work for about a day or two.  Then it once again starts ejecting discs.  Also, if the PS4 is turned off but still has the AC power cord plugged in, it'll beep like crazy.  Two rapid beeps over and over and over.  I take good care of my PS4, so I highly doubt I could've done anything to start this.  Anybody have a solution?  I'm trying to avoid sending it to Sony for repair.  

Edited by mahoganyman

This has been a known issue for long and has some solutions (Sony) and some fixes:

1. Send it Sony
  2. Follow their official solution video (most likely won't fix it permanently)
  3. Turn the console horizontally or vertically depending on how you've been positioning it
  4. Remove the plastic cover below the eject button (can be combined with other solutions)
  5. Get some space between the eject button and any surface (books/dvd covers/etc underneath the sides of the PS4)
  6. Open up the PS4 and scratch the gold plate (voids warranty, permanent fix?)
  7. Open up the PS4 and bend a part (video; permanet fix?)

I had this issue for six months and personally fixed it with a combination of 6 and 7 since I was already out of warranty. Options 2 and 3 did nothing, options 4 and 5 worked as temporary solutions for about two weeks

Mine kept doing this for ages. It's a little annoying, but everytime I turn my PS4 off for the day now I unplug it from the socket then press the 'on' button 4 times for 4 beeps until it stops beeping. It seems to be working for me :)

I have also put coasters underneath it ha

Edited by XxLukeChrisxX

I think this was a problem with launch PS4s. Mine does the exact same thing, I usually put two games underneath as if I was jacking up the car for a tire change.

I also had some success with removing that rubber foot, directly underneath the eject button. Still acts up once in awhile though. Bought it off amazon, so don't have a receipt to even send into Sony.

I have a launch PS4 and I had this issue once too, fixed it though.  As already stated, try the rubber foot underneath the eject button first, you don't need to break it off, just remove it gently.   If that doesn't work you could try removing the gloss panel to expose the hard drive, along the side of the drive, at the very edge of the PS4 is a very small screw which governs the eject mechanism, probably best to youtube it, turn it a few short turns clockwise (I think, youtube will tell you), it should reset the eject mechanism...it sorted mine and I've not had any issue since, thankfully.  

Right, I forgot to list the reverse version of the "disc stuck" fix which RedMustang72 just descriped above, it's also one fairly good solution and I used it for months. Here's Sony's guide to it (just tighten the screw instead of loosening it). Didn't fix it permanently for me, but it definitely helps in lieu of a more permanent fix.

Edited by zadorvp