Deus Ex: Mankind Divided announced for PS4

Azaan60

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/07/may-cover-revealed-deus-ex-mankind-divided-568435.aspx?utm_content=buffer4c288&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer 

cover-reveal-front-610.jpg
The original Deus Ex is one of the most critically acclaimed shooter/RPG hybrids of all-time. In 2011, Eidos-Montreal resurrected the dormant franchise with Human Revolution, giving the series an updated look while remaining true to the player choice-driven gameplay. Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn’t perfect, and has worked to improve the series' combat systems and boss encounters for the latest entry in the series – Mankind Divided.

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you. 

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield.

We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't yet have a release date, but it's headed to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Heres some images and info from IGN

Actions from Human Revolution will not, apparently, carry over, as none of Human Revolution's four endings is considered canonical. Screenshots suggest that Mankind Divided is once again a first-person action game featuring third-person cover, as well as cybernetic augmentation, giving Jensen the ability to deflect bullets, see through smoke with x-ray vision, and hack computers remotely.

Additionally, Jensen can augment his weapons with silencers, scopes, and other attachments. All of this plays into whether or not players decide to go in guns blazing, or with stealth, a la Human Revolution.  

Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-720x390.jpg

FPS_Enix_DeusEX-720x423.jpg

Jensen_gun-720x364.jpg

Deus-Ex-Zenith-720x468.jpg

• Like 4

It'd be good if it could detect your previous game save & start you with all augments you had at the end of HR. Although it's a PS3 save so unlikely.

They'll probably start you off with all augmentations and then take them away through some storyevent at the end of the prologue, similar to Metroid and Castlevania games.

Totally stoked about this. Although fanboys will shout me down, I liked Deus Ex: Human Revolution better than Metal Gear Solid IV. Deus Ex is one of the top three games on the PS3, IMHO (falling below only Dark Souls and on par with Demon's Souls). And if they can improve the boss mechanic, it has a shot at being my favorite PS4 game.

• Like 1

How can none of the endings for a game be considered canon to its sequel? 

I wonder that too. The original games would have it where all the endings were canon in some way, which I expected to happen here. I'm sure they will find some way to explain it, but right now I'm glad there's a new Deus Ex game. I especially can't wait for the soundtrack, since they have always had a great soundtrack.

They'll probably start you off with all augmentations and then take them away through some storyevent at the end of the prologue, similar to Metroid and Castlevania games.

You can beat the game without any augmentations, so they can follow this path to simply give you no augmentations at the start.

However it would be pretty lame.

I'm guessing, they will just give you few basic augmentations, perhaps a variation on HR augmentations.

Like, basic stealth, basic weapon skills, ... and most likely they will give the skills more depth.