Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mahoganyman

Does the 12 hour glitch still work?

20 posts in this topic

My friend is having a lot of trouble beating the Cleric Beast, so I told him that I remembered reading somewhere that if you leave your game running for at least 12 hours it resets the boss's memory, making them very easy to beat because they are forced to use their default move.  I can't join his co op game because I'm not within 10 levels of him.  I haven't attempted to try the glitch yet so I'm not sure if it still works.  Can anyone provide some info on if it works or not?

Edited by mahoganyman

Leaving the PS4 running for 12 hours will potentially cause a memory leak in your PS4, meaning Bloodborne's boss movesets are reduced. I don't recommend this, as it sounds like it could cause damage to your PS4. If your friend can't get past the 1st boss, there's not much point in cheating the system when he's just going to get stuck again later down the line. My tip is to open the shortcuts to get to the boss quickly, and to stay behind the beast at all times to limit the attacks that hit you.

Edited by Saltyie

I can't, but why wouldn't he just skip the Cleric Beast as it's an optional bossfight, level up and return later.

I can't, but why wouldn't he just skip the Cleric Beast as it's an optional bossfight, level up and return later.

He's really stubborn and is trying to beat it anyway possible (he hasn't previously played any other souls games)

Leaving the PS4 running for 12 hours will potentially cause a memory leak in your PS4

Man, I hope not. Playing a system for 12 hours straight is nothing for me.

"Memory leak"? This almost sounds like that blonde joke where the mechanic tells the girl her headlight fluid is low.

Whatever the case may be, it will not damage your PS4.

I wouldn't recommend it why make it easier, just level up and dash behind him and hack away, or throw some fire bottles to wear him down

He's the first boss I beat, also If he is having troubles with him father gasciogne will piss him off

I wouldn't recommend it why make it easier, just level up and dash behind him and hack away, or throw some fire bottles to wear him down

He's the first boss I beat, also If he is having troubles with him father gasciogne will piss him off

Cleric Beast took me ~10 tries to kill, and I killed Gascoigne first time. Imo the point I killed the Cleric Beast, the mechanics of the game 'clicked' for me and I've only been killed by bosses after that point. Maybe he'll get better after killing the first boss? who knows.

Do you seriously not know what a Memory leak is?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak

I think they're making a joke  :facepalm: Well I hope so anyway, was pretty funny

Do you seriously not know what a Memory leak is?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak

Cleric Beast took me ~10 tries to kill, and I killed Gascoigne first time. Imo the point I killed the Cleric Beast, the mechanics of the game 'clicked' for me and I've only been killed by bosses after that point. Maybe he'll get better after killing the first boss? who knows.

I think they're making a joke  :facepalm: Well I hope so anyway, was pretty funny

Well yes, I was making a joke at first, but since we're going to drop "seriously", I've been using computers since I was 7, been a system administrator for aircraft maintenance and troubleshooting software for about 15 years, worked side by side with ITs most of that time, never once heard anyone use that term. It was usually, "Why does this fucking program think it's still running? Force quit it." It's like that time when Resident Evil HD and Grim Fandango came out, everyone was like "Oh yeah, "tank controls"? Hate 'em.", but the term tank controls I'd never heard used by anyone in my history of gaming up to that time.

It was the opposite for me, cleric beast took me 3 tries while the Father took me 10 plus, even with the music box, the problem was I wasn't using my gun enough to stun him :facepalm:.

He'll get better has the game goes on, his awareness will be through the roof :)

Edited by nevetsteven2

Well yes, I was making a joke at first, but since we're going to drop "seriously", I've been using computers since I was 7, been a system administrator for aircraft maintenance and troubleshooting software for about 15 years, worked side by side with ITs most of that time, never once heard anyone use that term. It was usually, "Why does this fucking program think it's still running? Force quit it." It's like that time when Resident Evil HD and Grim Fandango came out, everyone was like "Oh yeah, "tank controls"? Hate 'em.", but the term tank controls I'd never heard used by anyone in my history of gaming up to that time.

I have a supremely vague notion, a hunch even, that you are suggesting that you are familiar with computers in some shape or form, and I will take your word for that. But you've never heard of TANK CONTROLS!? Even the game magazines in the 90s were calling it that! (Back when everything was black and white)

He's really stubborn and is trying to beat it anyway possible (he hasn't previously played any other souls games)

As others have stated, if he needs to resort to a "cheat" in order to kill the first boss, he is going to struggle with the entire rest of the game.  The enemy movesets only get more difficult.  Has he unlocked all the secret areas in Central Yharnam?  It may be more worthwhile for him to roam around in the sewers a bit and build up some levels.  Also, there is the hunter gear to be found, which will increase his physical defense more than the set he can buy.

Then he needs to learn, not to cheat.

The glitch will be patched on 1.03 on the end of this month, if u need to use it to kill the first bosses, then you should not play because you wont finish the game for sure. Learn how to play, better than leaving the ps4 on for 12 hours...it can do serious damage to the eletronic components.

I have a supremely vague notion, a hunch even, that you are suggesting that you are familiar with computers in some shape or form, and I will take your word for that. But you've never heard of TANK CONTROLS!? Even the game magazines in the 90s were calling it that! (Back when everything was black and white)

I've been taking apart and rebuilding computer since the mid-90's, starting with Tandy OS. I have been gaming since a decade before that with my Atari 2600 and haven't really stopped doing either since. I've also been formally trained on 5 programming languages through high school and university and I have never heard Tank Controls until today. I need to look it up right now since I'm apparently the only person who's never heard of this.

I've been taking apart and rebuilding computer since the mid-90's, starting with Tandy OS. I have been gaming since a decade before that with my Atari 2600 and haven't really stopped doing either since. I've also been formally trained on 5 programming languages through high school and university and I have never heard Tank Controls until today. I need to look it up right now since I'm apparently the only person who's never heard of this.

I've never heard of tank controls either and been playing games since 1986.  I also work in the video games industry.  On that note, Memory leak is a very common term.  I hear it (and sadly deal with it) every day.  But with that said, I never heard the term until I got into the games industry.

Also, I never heard of a console experiencing a memory leak.  It's the software (aka - the game) that fails to flush no longer needed data, not the system.  It's still very common for people to blame their kits for issues, when 99% of the time its the game (and therefore the game's developers) who are to blame for their shoddy coding.

I've never heard of tank controls either and been playing games since 1986.  I also work in the video games industry.  On that note, Memory leak is a very common term.  I hear it (and sadly deal with it) every day.  But with that said, I never heard the term until I got into the games industry.

Also, I never heard of a console experiencing a memory leak.  It's the software (aka - the game) that fails to flush no longer needed data, not the system.  It's still very common for people to blame their kits for issues, when 99% of the time its the game (and therefore the game's developers) who are to blame for their shoddy coding.

I forgot to mention I *have* heard of memory leak. Due to both my experience learning programming languages, but more due to the original browser wars. I don't recall the specifics, but I do recall early complaints of leaving browsers open for extended periods resulted in browsers taking *hundreds* of megabytes of memory up. Yes, in the days when motherboard chipsets didn't typically recognize more than 512 MB ram.

I, like you, have never heard of any consoles experiencing a memory leak. Scratch that, some CFW on the PSP caused a memory leak I recall.

Regardless, back on topic, OP's friend will be fine to allow his PS4 to run a game for 12+ hours to do whatever they want to do.

I've been gaming since the 2600 and didn't hear of the term "Tank Controls" until recently, and it was actually someone moaning about it.

Hey op, your friend can do whatever they want as it's their game and console. May I recommend the item box glitch, he'll seriously miss the games enjoyment but this might be the only way. You could also tell him, with the Cleric Beast, don't lock on, run up and get a few hits, run away, this worked for me the second go.