Post Your Newest PlayStation Vita Game

Parker

27 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Yeah Limited Run Games did a physical run for Lone Survivor. 

Cool. May pick it up on eBay xD

12 minutes ago, dein-the-dragoon said:

I saw this on sale, so I got it:

atelier-sophie-fushigi-na-hon-no-renkin-

That might be the Japanese cover, but I got it from the latest sale in the PS Store - that sale's also over here, you know :lol:

Well, Vita Sophie doesn't have localized physical version anyway =/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wait, wait, wait.

First Atelier game you own physically or you bought?

Because starting with Shallie, more so with Plus, is a very bad idea :)

Physhically -> Yes
Bought -> Yes

I know this is the 3rd game of the Dust serie.

20 hours ago, GrAmSou said:

Physhically -> Yes
Bought -> Yes

I know this is the 3rd game of the Dust serie.

Then you should definitely wait with starting and start with Ayesha.

As I said, Shallie+ is a VERY bad starting point. 

Original Shallie was somehow okay, but Plus version this time happened mostly to expand on Dusk and Ayesha storylines. Without knowing previous games, you will not understand the connection :)

On 09/02/2017 at 5:02 PM, Sora9427 said:

F57j7J3.jpg

2K9hDNp.jpg

From today i have this 2 works of art to play on my vita :3

How? Well because seems like i got lucky for once and i'm so happy for this, it totally made my day so great :3 I got Steins; Gate & Steins; Gate 0 thanks to PQube on Twitter <3 There was a Giveaway (As many others not the first one the amazing lord PQube did) and 10 winners would be selected, it comes out that i was one of them :3 I was so surprised and happy when the notify of this arrived this morning, i was totally not expecting that since i usually don't win nothing (I won once honestly and the game Was Wanderjhar which i can't play because the trophies are bugged -_-). But not this time so Asked for both the vita version of the game (Way better for a Novel .p) and of the both game! I was expecting only one of the two instead nope, Both games WOW O.o

I'm so happy, this was like an early birthday present by PQube sama; and i will happily enjoy it some day in the next weeks i guess :3

What a lucky bastard you are :awesome:

Btw , it was about time you got those two gems to play yourself . Be ready to enjoy them to the max , Steins;Gate is a phenomenal series imo .

On 13/02/2017 at 0:34 PM, Winkuru said:

Root Letter finally hit my comfort zone and i was able to get it for 20 euros.

Physical ? Great deal you got there . I want to get that VN also but i'm trying to find a good deal on it .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Then you should definitely wait with starting and start with Ayesha.

As I said, Shallie+ is a VERY bad starting point. 

Original Shallie was somehow okay, but Plus version this time happened mostly to expand on Dusk and Ayesha storylines. Without knowing previous games, you will not understand the connection :)

So I really really need to begin with Ayesha, then Esha&Logy, before playing Shallie.

F*ck this guy who said to me "no prob you can begin with this one, it's easier than the others. Perfect to introduce Atelier's franchise".

Edited by GrAmSou

12 minutes ago, Mar said:

160079b1.jpg

- Best Vita Game(s)

- Best Vita Exclusive

- Best Vita Platformer

- Best Story

- Best Gameplay

- Best Graphics

Maybe you should play the ports before giving them the grade "Best whatever" :P . With the exception of the story everything is dragged down by the poor technical quality of the ports.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Didn't see this coming a mile away.

But you didn't, cause I dont usually post here, nor do I but Vita games often at all, lel. This truthfully is my most recent Vita purchase, no funny stuff :]

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Maybe you should play the ports before giving them the grade "Best whatever" :P . With the exception of the story everything is dragged down by the poor technical quality of the ports.

Wait, you took those seriously? However, Ive heard Jak 3 and/or 2 framerate is stable enough while the first game is utter shit.

19 minutes ago, Mar said:

160079b1.jpg

- Best Vita Game(s)

- Best Vita Exclusive

- Best Vita Platformer

- Best Story

- Best Gameplay

- Best Graphics

Best drunk? :awesome:

1 hour ago, GrAmSou said:

So I really really need to begin with Ayesha, then Esha&Logy, before playing Shallie.

F*ck this guy who said to me "no prob you can begin with this one, it's easier than the others. Perfect to introduce Atelier's franchise".

Yea, that would be ideal.

He was probably talking about PS3 versions because Shallie is definitely easier.

But if it's a perfect introduction, that's something I, as a big Atelier fan, would definitely disagree. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Best drunk? :awesome:

I don't hate on your Vita games, so don't hate on mine! You're just jealous.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's Jak. So It's hard to say if something you say is serious or not. ;)

...................................... nah. I strongly disagree, it's all in the tone ;)

10617242-1349868894-797898.png

Just Lego Batman 2 PS Vita(I`am waiting for a Drop in price or offer), Lego Chima(I need to find this game at some Store as PS Store don`t have it) and Lego Star Wars VII(I`am waiting for a BIG Drop in price or offer) is left to Buy

Akiba's_Trip_2_Cover.jpg

I have and I plat it on PS3 and it was on a offer so why the hell not, I was planing to Buy it on PS4 too but I wait to The PS4 Version Drop in price or have a offer

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GrAmSou said:

I never completed Ayesha and i didn't feel like i was lost playing Esha&Logy but for Shallie it's better to play Esha&Logy first. Personally i think out of the three Esha&Logy is the only good one. Ayesha is lot clunkier than E&L and Shallie's original version is terrible because how poorly the story is handled. There's two characters and both have exclusive part's of the overall story and it feels really disjointed when you are playing the first one and chances are you don't want to even play as the other character after finishing the game for the first. The idea is okay but how it's implemented is god awful. Also they simplified gameplay too much and made the game feel hollow.

I was really disappointed by the game because after playing E&L i felt like this series finally has potential to become one of my favorites but then they fuck it up and from my understanding the PS4 game isn't all that great either.

1 hour ago, Winkuru said:

I was really disappointed by the game because after playing E&L i felt like this series finally has potential to become one of my favorites but then they fuck it up and from my understanding the PS4 game isn't all that great either.

Unfortunately, more Atelier tried to appeal to casual audience, worse it got :/

I would have recommended Arland trilogy, however, if you don't like Ayesha, objectively the best game in the Dusk trilogy, you are probably not going to like Arland :(

16 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, that would be ideal.

He was probably talking about PS3 versions because Shallie is definitely easier.

But if it's a perfect introduction, that's something I, as a big Atelier fan, would definitely disagree. 

Can I found somewhere a guide about "how to enter Atelier franchise without headache" ?! :angel:

Just now, GrAmSou said:

Can I found somewhere a guide about "how to enter Atelier franchise without headache" ?! :angel:

Just now, kusuriuriPT said:

i actually also would like to get in to this franchise ...but dont know where to start

You ask me :awesome: 

What you should know is that Atelier games are trilogies that are tied one way or another. 

To explain it. It's much closer than for example Final Fantasy or Neptunia or even Persona. 

So, while technically, it does not hurt playing out of order as it would in case of Trails series, but it definitely is not correct path.

Exact description of connection is. Same world with timespans in between.

As for the actual trilogies, we have 3 now.

Arland trilogy: Rorona ->(8 years) Totori ->(6 years) Meruru

Plus versions are a bit different since they came in different order (Totori+ -> Meruru+ -> Rorona+) so Rorona+ has both Totori and Meruru, but you should still play Rorona+ first.

Dusk trilogy: Ayesha ->(4 years) EschatoLogy ->(6 years) Shallie

Plus versions work the same way with Shallie going much deeper into Dusk phenomena which is the main plot feature of the trilogy.

END OF PS3 era with PSV plus versions.

Fushigi trilogy (Yeeeeea... I know... =D): Sophie ->(4 years) -> Firis ->(???) -> A19

Since these games already come on Vita and brought the series to PS4, there won't be Plus versions. So... technically, these are the most recommended because you won't be angry you bought 'incomplete' version =D

Nice, right? Weeeeell, not really =D In exchange for this advantage. developers brought us something else =D Returning characters from BOTH previous trilogies (Pamela and Logy) =D Sure, you can take it like many others and think of them as different timeline characters but... that's hard to say =D Especially considering Sophie runs parallel with Shallie time-wise considering Logy's age in Sophie. So... technically, you should play E&L before Sophie but it's not that required.

And another thing... thanks to series trying to appeal to casual audience, some mechanics made the games a bit worse. But that may be bias towards original concept of Atelier (time-limit) which made me love the series =D

tl:dr: Bolded ones are good openings. However, PS3 Rorona is pretty hardcore if you want Plat =D

• Like 1