Parker

Post Your Newest PlayStation Vita Game

5,331 posts in this topic

Has anyone of you already ordered on solarisjapan? I'm kinda interested in at least 5 vita games but I always fear customs fees.

9 minutes ago, Myu said:

Has anyone of you already ordered on solarisjapan? I'm kinda interested in at least 5 vita games but I always fear customs fees.

From my personal experience I would say that it's more or less luck-based. I had various orders where I had to go to the customs office but in the last two, three years I had to only pay the customs fee/VAT for a few orders, mainly those in the 150+ euros range. Even orders with a value of 80 euros (stated on the label and invoice) were marked by the customs in a way that I didn't have to pay any fees. Only thing I would advise is to not take express shipping as some carriers like DHL Express, FedEx or UPS take an additional processing fee on top of custom fees.

Haven't ordered from SolarisJapan but they seem to have tool where you can adjust the price printed on the invoice:

https://solarisjapan.com/pages/help#first-time-visitor (section "Import Fees")

If you use this I would suggest to use a value of 15 to 20 euros/us-dollar per game and maybe you can split the games onto multiple orders.

1 hour ago, Myu said:

I've ordered from them a number of times. (Their used games are pretty much all mint condition.) They mark your games down to a value of your choosing and both true and fake invoices never show shipping costs. As a Japan-based service, they'll include a complete & signed invoice/short description of goods with your order that's attached to the outside of your package. 

TAX evasion FTW. Customs here caught on only after some 5-6 orders. 

SJ is super edgy about cancellations, though. Their only downside as far as I can tell. 

Ld66eed.png

Now the Question is how I`am going to get Kurisu DLC.

7 hours ago, Myu said:

I did only once and I bought the Bayonetta Climax Edition used from them. It was amazing. I live in the USA so I didn't have to deal with import fees sadly. I can answer that their used product was perfect.

Just got Conception 2 for £4 in the sale. Not going to play it until I've finished demon gaze, but didn't want to miss it at that price. 

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

From my personal experience I would say that it's more or less luck-based. I had various orders where I had to go to the customs office but in the last two, three years I had to only pay the customs fee/VAT for a few orders, mainly those in the 150+ euros range. Even orders with a value of 80 euros (stated on the label and invoice) were marked by the customs in a way that I didn't have to pay any fees. Only thing I would advise is to not take express shipping as some carriers like DHL Express, FedEx or UPS take an additional processing fee on top of custom fees.

Haven't ordered from SolarisJapan but they seem to have tool where you can adjust the price printed on the invoice:

https://solarisjapan.com/pages/help#first-time-visitor (section "Import Fees")

If you use this I would suggest to use a value of 15 to 20 euros/us-dollar per game and maybe you can split the games onto multiple orders.

7 hours ago, Aze said:

I've ordered from them a number of times. (Their used games are pretty much all mint condition.) They mark your games down to a value of your choosing and both true and fake invoices never show shipping costs. As a Japan-based service, they'll include a complete & signed invoice/short description of goods with your order that's attached to the outside of your package. 

TAX evasion FTW. Customs here caught on only after some 5-6 orders. 

SJ is super edgy about cancellations, though. Their only downside as far as I can tell. 

37 minutes ago, SyumiSan said:

I did only once and I bought the Bayonetta Climax Edition used from them. It was amazing. I live in the USA so I didn't have to deal with import fees sadly. I can answer that their used product was perfect.

I intend on ordering two or three games at a time since every order above 3500 yen gets tracking. I learned my lesson with Play-Asia and I'll never ask for tracking or for fast delivery ever again, the customs seem to be really into checking those kinds of packages.

Thank you all for your advice! I'll post an update if anything happens :P

8 hours ago, Myu said:

Solaris is absolutely the best.

The fake invoice is absolutely brilliant :awesome: 

I always love when my 10k+ yen orders get cut to 2k xD

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Solaris is absolutely the best.

The fake invoice is absolutely brilliant :awesome: 

I always love when my 10k+ yen orders get cut to 2k xD

And you never had any problems with extra fees?

That's impressive :o

8 minutes ago, Myu said:

And you never had any problems with extra fees?

That's impressive :o

The order is for 2K Yen, not enough for taxes, hehe~ :awesome: 

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

The order is for 2K Yen, not enough for taxes, hehe~ :awesome: 

I bought a 10$ game on Play Asia once, got a nice letter asking me to pay 30 euros as customs fees. But I had a tracking number and fast delivery so the mistake was probably there.

Lucky Lizard because its free. I dont currently,owna vita so this is just in case I do pick one up.

9 hours ago, Myu said:

I bought a 10$ game on Play Asia once, got a nice letter asking me to pay 30 euros as customs fees. But I had a tracking number and fast delivery so the mistake was probably there.

Shit wut?

Customs for 10$ game? 

What was the shipping?

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Shit wut?

Customs for 10$ game? 

What was the shipping?

I don't really remember the shipping costs but I'm pretty sure DHL was handling it so it was probably not the cheapest. It was the Book of Spells game for PS3. Maybe they thought the box was too big for a 10$ PS3 game, but yeah, it sucks :/ 

Funny thing is, I've ordered countless times on AmiAmi and never had a problem like that with them.

50 minutes ago, Myu said:

but I'm pretty sure DHL was handling it so it was probably not the cheapest.

Then that's it.

It's not just the price of goods that is included in tax count, the price of shipping as well.

And if it's DHL, they were most definitely happy to oblige when asked about the shipping price.

1 hour ago, Myu said:

I don't really remember the shipping costs but I'm pretty sure DHL was handling it so it was probably not the cheapest. It was the Book of Spells game for PS3. Maybe they thought the box was too big for a 10$ PS3 game, but yeah, it sucks :/ 

Funny thing is, I've ordered countless times on AmiAmi and never had a problem like that with them.

Shipping costs are normally included when it comes to the calculation for import-vat/custom fees. So normally you can expect to pay about 20% of the game's price + shipping costs. And like I mentioned above some carriers, mainly those express carriers, charge an extra fee for processing items. E.g. DHL Express charge about 15 euros. I also had to pay that when my Kickstarter-rewards for Muv-Luv arrived as for whatever reason Ixtl decided to use DHL Express for international orders. Would it have been the normal DHL, I wouldn't have to pay that additional fee. :|

On 23/07/2018 at 4:24 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I ordered a new copy of Demon Gaze II recently. It arrived today unsealed and without the game cartridge inside. Thanks Amazon... <_<

I got my replacement copy and this time it's actually sealed. Hooray!

OdEqe9F.jpg

@Lava_Yuki If only I had a friend that can do that for me too. But alas, my friends are limited to The States. 

OT: My newest Vita game was several months ago, but I do plan on buying some during the summer sale.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Lava_Yuki If only I had a friend that can do that for me too. But alas, my friends are limited to The States. 

OT: My newest Vita game was several months ago, but I do plan on buying some during the summer sale.

She moved to the UK a few years ago and I met her at a Japanese - English social group, so I have a couple of Japanese friends here from that group, who usually go back to Japan for things like Christmas and New Years so I usually ask them to to bring me 2 or 3 games :) 

The summer sale at the moment is looking pretty good, although I always have my eye on the anniversary sales. I got FF12 TZA 40% off on the Square Enix anniversary sale, and Persona 4 Golden for about 1200 yen on the ps store ages ago when there was a persona anniversary sale. I'm hoping for P5 at some point

header.jpg?t=1529433185

Picked this up for $2 on PSN store right now (i missed out a couple years ago when it was free)