Post Your Newest PlayStation Vita Game

Parker

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Welcome to the club! I take it you've only recently got a Vita? Enjoy your new games btw - I quite liked them. :)

Hoi, many thanks for the welcome! ^^ Yes, I got it a couple of months ago but I don't have too many games for it yet. Realized after purchasing it that they are almost nonexistent where I live and checking online on eBay and other websites, most of them are somewhat expensive for my budget. Even though I'd prefer to have a physical collection of games for it, at the moment I have been slowly building up a small library of digital games if I happen to spot one whenever there is a good sale. I was looking to start with Neptunia on PS3 (only have Mk2 at the moment...) but I think I will be starting the series with the Re;Birth titles on the Vita instead.

6 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hoi, many thanks for the welcome! ^^ Yes, I got it a couple of months ago but I don't have too many games for it yet. Realized after purchasing it that they are almost nonexistent where I live and checking online on eBay and other websites, most of them are somewhat expensive for my budget. Even though I'd prefer to have a physical collection of games for it, at the moment I have been slowly building up a small library of digital games if I happen to spot one whenever there is a good sale. I was looking to start with Neptunia on PS3 (only have Mk2 at the moment...) but I think I will be starting the series with the Re;Birth titles on the Vita instead.

Ah yes, physical Vita games are pretty much non-existent where I live too. I barely go into brick and mortar stores as it is, but the last few times I've been into one that sells video games, their selection of Vita games was incredibly poor. This was a few years back, so I have to imagine it's even worse now. I buy all of my games online no matter what system it's on, though, so it has never really been an issue with me.

Yeah, I find that Vita games do tend to be more expensive on average than games on other platforms - they don't really go down in price. Sites like Play-Asia do have pretty good deals from time to time, though. It's always worth checking them out. Getting games digitally is definitely lighter on the wallet, but then you have things like memory card space to contend with. I hope you have a big one. :P

But man, if you're into JRPG's and VN's, you're in for a treat with Vita. It has had almost 7 years to build up a great library of games! 

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah yes, physical Vita games are pretty much non-existent where I live too. I barely go into brick and mortar stores as it is, but the last few times I've been into one that sells video games, their selection of Vita games was incredibly poor. This was a few years back, so I have to imagine it's even worse now. I buy all of my games online no matter what system it's on, though, so it has never really been an issue with me.

Yeah, I find that Vita games do tend to be more expensive on average than games on other platforms - they don't really go down in price. Sites like Play-Asia do have pretty good deals from time to time, though. It's always worth checking them out. Getting games digitally is definitely lighter on the wallet, but then you have things like memory card space to contend with. I hope you have a big one. :P

But man, if you're into JRPG's and VN's, you're in for a treat with Vita. It has had almost 7 years to build up a great library of games! 

Oh, I get most of my games from local physical stores I and only import the ones I'm not able to find here (mostly JRPGs and pretty much any, let's say, anime-looking game as local sellers don't like to carry them for whatever reason). Vita titles, in particular, are non-existent locally, whether on a brick and mortar store or online.

Yep, I imagine they must be actually raising in price considering how difficult they are to find even online at times. Lol, Right now I'm fighting with the 4 GB memory card that came bundled with the system. I'm looking to upgrade to a 16 GB one at some point. Feel that size would be enough to hold big games or carry a good amount of smaller games inside. I rarely leave home or carry any piece of technology with me outside so that one should work the best for me :)

Those and Indie titles are what I'm most looking to play on it. Do you know if there are good deals and offers on the PSN store for JRPGs and VNs? I know good deals on indie games pop there from time to time but I'm not sure about the other ones.

25 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Oh, I get most of my games from local physical stores I and only import the ones I'm not able to find here (mostly JRPGs and pretty much any, let's say, anime-looking game as local sellers don't like to carry them for whatever reason). Vita titles, in particular, are non-existent locally, whether on a brick and mortar store or online.

Yep, I imagine they must be actually raising in price considering how difficult they are to find even online at times. Lol, Right now I'm fighting with the 4 GB memory card that came bundled with the system. I'm looking to upgrade to a 16 GB one at some point. Feel that size would be enough to hold big games or carry a good amount of smaller games inside. I rarely leave home or carry any piece of technology with me outside so that one should work the best for me :)

Those and Indie titles are what I'm most looking to play on it. Do you know if there are good deals and offers on the PSN store for JRPGs and VNs? I know good deals on indie games pop there from time to time but I'm not sure about the other ones.

Can't even get them locally through online retailers? Damn, that blows.

Oh man, a 4GB card really isn't gonna cut it, especially if you intend on going mostly digital. :P But yeah, a 16GB card should be fine so long as you're deleting the bigger games once you're done with them. I always keep a couple of indies on my card that I come back to a lot. :)

Hmmm, I know there used to be a lot of good deals for JRPG's and VN's on PSN, but lately it feels like Sony haven't really bothered with Vita. For example, I've heard a couple of people mention recently that the PS4 version of the game was discounted but the Vita version was still full price. I know in Europe they do this 'Big in Japan' sale once a year and there's usually a ton of Vita games discounted in that. Your account's region is North American, right? I think that store does something called 'Golden Week' which is similar I believe, but that's a long way away. I'd suggest just keeping an eye out. psprices.com is really handy for that kind of thing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Can't even get them locally through online retailers? Damn, that blows.

Oh man, a 4GB card really isn't gonna cut it, especially if you intend on going mostly digital. :P But yeah, a 16GB card should be fine so long as you're deleting the bigger games once you're done with them. I always keep a couple of indies on my card that I come back to a lot. :)

Hmmm, I know there used to be a lot of good deals for JRPG's and VN's on PSN, but lately it feels like Sony haven't really bothered with Vita. For example, I've heard a couple of people mention recently that the PS4 version of the game was discounted but the Vita version was still full price. I know in Europe they do this 'Big in Japan' sale once a year and there's usually a ton of Vita games discounted in that. Your account's region is North American, right? I think that store does something called 'Golden Week' which is similar I believe, but that's a long way away. I'd suggest just keeping an eye out. psprices.com is really handy for that kind of thing.

That's the plan ^^

I see. Yes, my account is from USA. Guess I'll be watchful of this Golden Week sale whenever it pops there. If I remember right, I think it already happened a couple of months ago. Oh, someone also recommended that website to me. Been using it to mostly track down the price on some indie titles but I guess it will work just as good for JRPGs and VNs. Many thanks for all that useful information :)

10 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah yes, physical Vita games are pretty much non-existent where I live too.

You mean everywhere, Vita and physical games are obviously dead everywhere :awesome: 

Hides 90 physical Vita games

7 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

That's the plan ^^

I see. Yes, my account is from USA. Guess I'll be watchful of this Golden Week sale whenever it pops there. If I remember right, I think it already happened a couple of months ago. Oh, someone also recommended that website to me. Been using it to mostly track down the price on some indie titles but I guess it will work just as good for JRPGs and VNs. Many thanks for all that useful information :)

RIP, without EU account for Big in Japan, getting Vita games is much harder :/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You mean everywhere, Vita and physical games are obviously dead everywhere :awesome: 

Hides 90 physical Vita games

It's so sad, I go to the game store here and it has a whole wall of PS4 games. I look at the Vita selection and it's barely half a shelf. xD  At least I've managed to amass a decent physical vita collection. 

Summoning Night 6: Lost Borders.

As many of here have already mentioned, it is frustratingly hard to get physical vita games now, especially for someone like me, who wanted to play vita game from other regions. 

I have about 4 or 5 games left on my backlog and they are all long and grindy JRPGs. hopefully i can survive another year with them. After those, i don't know, maybe some dynasty warrior game, or X-COM? hope my vita can last that long :)

Edited by Maverick6146
typo

3 hours ago, toofhairy said:

I'm still waiting for those as well, didn't know they were shipping already!

It actually depends on whether you ordered the standard or the collector's edition. Personally I only go for the standard as most of the CEs don't interest me and it seems like the CEs for VA11 and 2064 take a bit of time ot get manufactured. You can check the current state for the items they still have to ship via this site:

https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

• Like 1