Post Your Newest PlayStation Vita Game

Parker

@greenzsaberIOne year? That's crazy. That game looks interesting, though.

Been buying way too many games lately. Call of Duty and Ridge Racer were super cheap, though. 150RMB for both. So like £8 each? Paid a lot for Cursed Castilla. Not sure how rare it is, but... it's pretty cool. Has an art book and it's bigger than the other EastAsiaSoft ones I have.

MXE2kiC.png

19 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Spongebob is crazy expensive for the type of game it is. Makes no sense. All the ones I was looking at online were $50. My local retro game store had it for $30. So you better believe I snatched that immediately. He had a new copy of Rainbow Moon for $50 that I didn't go for then. I'm regretting that now as I just went there over the weekend & someone bought it. 

You know what's weird... this morning, a day after reading your messages about this, i saw a preowned copy for sale. It was gone by the time I'd clicked into it. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if I hadn't seen the posts here. Someone got a great deal and I think they knew it judging by the speed it was listed and sold. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InfinityOnH1gh said:

@greenzsaberIOne year? That's crazy. That game looks interesting, though.

Been buying way too many games lately. Call of Duty and Ridge Racer were super cheap, though. 150RMB for both. So like £8 each? Paid a lot for Cursed Castilla. Not sure how rare it is, but... it's pretty cool. Has an art book and it's bigger than the other EastAsiaSoft ones I have.

It's actually pretty common to wait many months when ordering something from LRG. I usually get multiple items when I order from them, simply because shipping costs WILL add up if you order individually. Papers was also a PS+ game for us, so I wasn't really in a hurry to get it.

Cursed Castilla is one of the better Playasia exclusives, and thus, is probably gonna be worth quite a bit now. Interestingly enough, the PS4 copy of Castilla commands much higher reselling prices than the Vita version. Perhaps it might be because it's the 'better version'. I believe I managed to get a Vita copy of Castilla, but the PS4 copy was sold out by the time I got around to making that purchase. One of the odd exceptions for their releases, as their PS4 games tend to have some trouble selling out. There are still many PS4 versions of some of their other releases available to this day.

1 minute ago, greenzsaber said:

It's actually pretty common to wait many months when ordering something from LRG. I usually get multiple items when I order from them, simply because shipping costs WILL add up if you order individually. Papers was also a PS+ game for us, so I wasn't really in a hurry to get it.

Cursed Castilla is one of the better Playasia exclusives, and thus, is probably gonna be worth quite a bit now. Interestingly enough, the PS4 copy of Castilla commands much higher reselling prices than the Vita version. Perhaps it might be because it's the 'better version'. I believe I managed to get a Vita copy of Castilla, but the PS4 copy was sold out by the time I got around to making that purchase. One of the odd exceptions for their releases, as their PS4 games tend to have some trouble selling out. There are still many PS4 versions of some of their other releases available to this day.

I looked at the trophy list... looks like a tough game :'( . I think a lot of these indie games are much more suited to a handheld... performance issues aside.

On 11/08/2021 at 11:37 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Spongebob is crazy expensive for the type of game it is. Makes no sense. All the ones I was looking at online were $50. My local retro game store had it for $30. So you better believe I snatched that immediately. He had a new copy of Rainbow Moon for $50 that I didn't go for then. I'm regretting that now as I just went there over the weekend & someone bought it. 

You might get lucky with Tales from an auction in eBay or something. It's another pricey, but kind of justified one. Fortunately, I picked up my copy back when Gamestop carried Vita games. Keep looking, you'll be lucky eventually!

@InfinityOnH1gh you can buy replacement cases with reprints of the covers online. They're not expensive. I've done that for some pre-owned ones for my collection. Since I don't intend to sell anymore it's not a big deal they're not the original, though there's also original empty cases for sale out there. 

Agree! IT is stupid expensive. I think the reason is because the only way to play this game on vita now is from a physical game cart. You cant download the game from ps store, just like what happen to original Nier (PS3). Combined with the low stock, game trophy, and spongebob fanbase, causing the price to go up. You are lucky to get it at $30, very cheap compared to the prices most people are asking now. Rainbow Moon is a solid one too, but is very hard to find on my local stores. 

I haven't had any luck with Tales so far. I almost got it a few months ago, but the seller cancelled my order since it sold out a few seconds before I completed the order. 

Hopefully I will get it soon. lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IconicWei said:

Hi all, first time poster here. Started collecting PS Vita about four months ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far, although it has been a challenge 1f604.png built up a fairly decent collection so far, these are my pickups from today.

They all look like fun games, but I'm especially excited to play The House in Fata Morgana, due to it's extremely positive reviews. I look forward to sharing photos of my collection with you guys, and am equally eager to see which games you will pick up in the future. Good luck! 

Interesting... I haven't seen some of those before. And I want Mary Skelter, but think finding it will be a challenge.

Edited by InfinityOnH1gh

On 19/08/2021 at 5:34 PM, InfinityOnH1gh said:

Interesting... I haven't seen some of those before. And I want Mary Skelter, but think finding it will be a challenge.

The Best Of Arcade game is a collector's piece really, as the PEGI variant had a low print. I probably chose the wrong time to collect Vita, as I started when Sony originally announced their plans to shut down the Vita and PS3 stores, before reverting. The prices spiked then, and haven't really come down. But yeah, I hope you find Mary Skelter at a good price, Mary Skelter Finale is set to come out in about a month, so that may be help or hinder your search. Good luck!

Brotherhood United and Indigo 7: Don't have many puzzle games for the Vita. Looks fun. Not sure about the other one.

Final Fantasy: Haven't heard people talking about this game? Wondering what it's like...

Punch Line: Visual novel. Hadn't seen it before, so I picked it up.

Spiderman: Paid a little over RRP I guess. Impulse buy when I saw it pop up online.

Cb1YJyD.jpg

• Like 3

20210907-171657.jpg

A few nice additions to the collection.

Corpse Party Blood Drive: a horror game with chibi characters? I've watched a little bit of a playthrough & I think it'll be good. Finding the Everafter edition for about the price the base game is selling was pure right time surfing luck. 

Reverie: an indie, adventure game with a history lesson. 

Semispheres: honestly, not a clue. I know two box versions were released though, doubt I'll bother with orange. 

@InfinityOnH1gh World of Final Fantasy is one of my favorite games on the Vita. It's amazing, hope you have a blast with it. Just don't sit on it too long.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...