Post Your Newest PlayStation Vita Game

Parker

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PSVITA)

maxresdefault.jpg

Got this game a little earlier last month and I've been having some fun with it.  I've been working on a trophy guide for this site since there doesn't seem to be an English version out there, but I recommend it if you want a different type of JRPG.

It is turn-based, but it adds a lot of cool useful mechanics in and out of battle.

• Like 1

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PSVITA)

Got this game a little earlier last month and I've been having some fun with it.  I've been working on a trophy guide for this site since there doesn't seem to be an English version out there, but I recommend it if you want a different type of JRPG.

It is turn-based, but it adds a lot of cool useful mechanics in and out of battle.

I am really curious about this game... how different it is from other JRPGs? does it have huge difference in other JRPGs like FF and Persona games?

anywaaayyyy... got this one(lol, just realized that I haven't bought a game in 2 months)

L48239b.png

It controls very different compared to normal JRPGs and the battling is a cross between Persona (turn-based) and Fire Emblem.  I mention Fire Emblem only because there is a front line and a back line in the battle formation.

The game has a timer for all of your characters due to a curse that kills your character after 2 years.  Years pass fast, but you have a Conception-esque breeding system in place that allows you to inherit some traits from your ancestor and the god you choose to breed with.

The over world is a lot is unique, but it slightly reminds me of the Winnie the Poo stage in Kingdom Hearts.

Stages, or locations, look like Persona, but you are on a 1 month timer every time you decide to go spelunking.  You really need to deck it if you are looking to advance in the story and make it to a certain point in the dungeon.

The main menu area, or the hub, is a lot like Conception where you have a list of options, but it has a lot more information here than any other JRPG that I know.  That can either be good or bad.  Sometimes a lot of text is a turn off, but I found it to be very informative.

Lastly, there is a QR system in place that allows you to bring other characters or items from their world.  This can be a good thing because you can get pretty strong characters early, but this can also take the fun out of it. (So I've heard)

All-in-all it is a good JRPG.  I'd recommend it, but it will take a while to get used to.

• Like 1