Least favourite Danganronpa 2 character (M\F) (spoiler thread)

Least favourites  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Least favourite male character?

• Hajime Hinata
    • Nagito Komaeda
    • Nekomaru Nidai
    • Kazuichi Souda
    • Teruteru Hanamura
    • Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
    • Gundam Tanaka
    • Byakuya Togami
  2. 2. Least favourite female character?

• Chiaki Nanami
    • Akane Owari
    • Hiyoko Saionji
    • Sonia Nevermind
    • Mikan Tsumiki
    • Mahiru Koizumi
    • Peko Pekoyama
    • Ibuki Mioda

This is a spoiler thread so feel free to write anything you want about the game\characters and why, you should leave this thread if you don't want to get spoiled ('spoiler thread' to talk about things easier and not for always caring if you accidently made a spoiler, making a spoilerbutton then...). This thread is about the characters from the second, NOT the first game. Monokuma and Usami excluded. 

I think my least's are Hiyoko and Nekomaru because Hiyoko is acting like a bitch and Nekomaru is really boring, also a bit annoying in my opinion. I like them for sure, but not more than the others.

Glad it's titled "least favorite" and not "most hated" otherwise I don't think I could post here. I don't have a hate for any of the characters, but there are ones I have a like/love for more than others.

For males, my least favorite was Teruteru by a long shot. His backstory was sad, yes, and his constant attempts to get Sonia to do lewd things and just being perverted was kind of funny, but I really don't like that kind of behavior in a person, TBH. As for females, it's really hard, but my least favorite out of them all is Tsumiki, but she's still a great character IMO. She's crazy, and she killed one of my favorite characters, but that's not why she's my least favorite, it's just because I liked all the other females more than her and found them more interesting.

oh jeez... could the poll be multiple choice... would probably choose most of them :P

oh no... someone voted Kazuichi... wonder who it is  :awesome: *flees from TFE*

for male... sorry TFE but Kazuichi wins via landslide for me... I just find him being creepy (esp when it feels like he got all Teruteru pervy genes after Teruteru died when he thinks of Sonia) and sometimes... annoying... would like him more if he have more backstory in main game and not just someone who is needed when something mechanic/machine-related stuff is necessary..

for female... jeez... most of them(of course the only exceptions are Swearing Princess Sonia and Love Me Because I Am A Good Character + Gamer Chiaki... Peko is the middle of Fave and Not Fave)...but least fave... winner is Akane... my first impression of her is like clone of Hina + Sakura, but unfortunately it doesn't worked on me... and along the entire main game... I actually don't have even tiny bit of something to like on her... :(

• 1 month later...

I found Mikan so annoying she was the only character that I truly hated, but I think over time I've slowly begun to stand her. I still dislike her though.

As for the guys it was either teruteru or gundam. I don't hate either of them but both had their own traits I disliked.

• 1 month later...

Teruteru and Hiyoko

So true. I felt kinda relieved when Teruteru was punished at the end of the first class trial and about Hiyoko... Thank you Mikan! You weren't a good character either, but at least you made Hiyoko shout up her mouth.

Edited by crimsonidol-de

Hajime Hinata... Once again Danganronpa has managed to create the most generic and boring main character that could possibly be imagined. I'm absolutely amazed they could top Makoto in lameness.

Hioyko Saionji for the girls. Just an annoying bitch, didnt like anything about her.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I found Mikan so annoying she was the only character that I truly hated, but I think over time I've slowly begun to stand her. I still dislike her though.

As for the guys it was either teruteru or gundam. I don't hate either of them but both had their own traits I disliked.

How dare you not like Gundham?

Maga-Z, Cham-P, San-D and Jum-P. My 4 Dark Devas of Destruction will tear you to shredds, fuhahahaha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hajime Hinata... Once again Danganronpa has managed to create the most generic and boring main character that could possibly be imagined. I'm absolutely amazed they could top Makoto in lameness.

Hioyko Saionji for the girls. Just an annoying bitch, didnt like anything about her.

It's not an excuse, but I thought the reason the main protagonists of the first two games were blank slates was to make it easier for the players to immerse themselves into the character or game itself. I've never had this issue, but it's one of the major reasons why games like Persona use silent protagonists.

The main protagonist having no stand out features makes it easier for players to picture themselves as that character. But for people playing the game who don't picture themselves as the protagonist, you end up with a main character who is bland which can be a major turnoff. So I can completely understand why someone could feel this way.

Edited by morningwood140

• 1 year later...

So much hate for Hiyoko... I mean she's a loli, so she's got one thing going for her. :awesome:

Male: Teruteru Hanamura

Female: Mikan Tsumiki

I don't hate any of the characters in this game, but those two would be my least favourite. Teruteru is just that pervy kind of guy I wanted to get killed off as soon as possible. :P I just found Mikan to be a little... dull I guess. She didn't have a lot going for her apart from the whole clutz thing, but it got a little old after a while.

Easily Mikan in the female department. Maybe I was sick of the "shy" girl, by this point(always voiced by the same English VA), but I didn't like her from the start. Only became that much easier to hate, after she flipped the crazy switch. 

And I guess the one everyone seems to hate in the male department: Teruteru. Lol. Just kind of weird and creepy. Wasn't bothered when he left early. 

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Even with how annoying and insufferable Hiyoko could be at times, she never failed to spice things up for the rest of the cast. Imagine how peaceful, and potentially dull, the dynamic of the group would be without a firestarter to keep things interesting? Her free-time events weren't all that bad, either.

If I really had to say, Teruteru and Akane would probably be my least favorite two of the bunch. Looking back, neither had an impactful or interesting contribution to the group, nor any real development throughout the course of the game. That's if I had to say, though: otherwise, I really liked each of the sixteen students, and I always hated to see some of them die. Especially certain characters that went out far too early.

• 1 year later...

Honestly, I like all the guys at least a little. So I guess if I had to, maybe Gundam? Even though I still like him. With the girls however, def a weak bunch and by far the worst was Hyoko. Mikan I didn't like at all either, and even though she still is meh, she grew on me a bit but hands down the worst is Hyoko. Still not as bad as Angie though